The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Afraid of the Spirit?!?

OGBatDad69OGBatDad69 Member Posts: 9

How to run a Spirit! https://youtu.be/eE7nBi2-wb0

Comments

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 2,321

Why not show the Spirit's rank after?

Not that it matters that much. Spirit on console is much harder due to lacking of proper sound (much easier to hear with headphones than from a TV) and that's beside the fact that killer with a controller is much more difficult to control.

A Spirit on PC for example, would have no problem with hitting you from several meters away with Wakazashi, even if you tried to juke her lunging at you with the speed of a ballistic missile from 16 meters away.

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 425

All you showed was you running forward and throwing pallets, that works on every killer besides nurse.

• Auron471Auron471 Member Posts: 506

seems like a pretty meh spirit tbh

• OGBatDad69OGBatDad69 Member Posts: 9

Thanks for the views and feedback. He was a rank 8 or 9 i believe. I agree console is a little more challenging than pc, but the spirit on console is still a demon!

• bubbascalbubbascal Member Posts: 318
    edited November 4

Not gonna watch the video now, but was the recorder throwing pallets down strategically by any chance?

• TheRoyalOwlTheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 425

No like run to pallet and throw, spirit breaks repeat.

• AldoferAldofer Member Posts: 88

I think agaisn't any other spirit that play the character for 2 game you would have been crushed by this op killer

• bubbascalbubbascal Member Posts: 318

I've beaten bad Spirits repeatedly. They tend to path when phasing in predictable manners that make them easy to predict and counter. Good Spirits, while somewhat unbeatable, have weaknesses as well.

She isn't OP, she's like Legion. Reliant on her power to win chases because her walkspeed is bad and her lunge is bad. She's slow enough without her power that Survivors can make it to the next loop if it's at a moderate distance. Which most loops are. Her lunge is also trash. Poor speedboost, small hitbox for a huge katana. Fast vaults over pallets... she struggles to punish these without her power.

That being said, she has a lot more counterplay than Legion. But the common, and established, mindset is "Spirit is OP". Judging by the past, there is no changing the opinion of the Survivor majority and the devs will inevitably listen to them. Then manhandle her like they manhandled Legion.

Spirit is in such a delicate balance. I don't trust these devs to make any form of "tweak" and not completely destroy her.

• OGBatDad69OGBatDad69 Member Posts: 9

You clearly didnt watch the video every pallet drop was a killer stun. Im sorry you have no life so you have to trash people on the internet 😆