Home Technical Issues
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Dc in full game since last event x2

EzBiosEzBios Member Posts: 37

Hello I create this discussion because since the end of the event x2 of Halloween 2019 I have the game that disconnects during the game while I do not make any disconnection that makes it happen in killer and surviving so I lose all my game points if other people have this problem please report this report I have searched on French streams and other players also have this problem.

ici le fichier log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sfNN2c3Z7b13n1QXLs4WFM9skRvKKsTz/view?usp=sharing

et un screenshot when I didn't have dc

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/460/9QYUDKR23HJ7.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 2,721

If it's only just started doing it, then try giving your router a reboot.

Eliminates that as a potential point of failure. :)

• EzBiosEzBios Member Posts: 37

my router has been restarted the problem does not come from there

Ok, that means we've eliminated that as an issue, so that's good.

In which case, I would submit your log file to https://support.deadbydaylight.com to see if they can track down exactly what the issue is.

hello it's already done since the day of the problem it's still happening to me since the update today 2 times and I haven't finished playing

• BigBadWolfQcBigBadWolfQc Member Posts: 9

I'm also having disconnection issue. Killer and survivor side.4-5 game out of 10 end up being disconnected from host. Restarted my modem, restarted my router made lots of diagnostic on my comp... everything is fine from my side. Loosing a lot of purple and pink item, bloodpoint, time and especially..... patience. I paid for the game... paid a [BAD WORD] load of money to unlock survivor, killer and cosmetic... actually expecting to be able to play the game and enjoy it wich is far from being the case at the moment.

here it shows that me and the killer disconnected but my friend was still in the game (we were speaking on discord)

• YoBro_YoBro_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Same here... Ive been disconnected during 2 rounds back to back just like yours is showing. Hope it gets fixed.

That's actually interesting. My adapters all defaulted to 1gpbs so I didnt even think of that as a possible issue

• Ms_Green44Ms_Green44 Member Posts: 7

I am also having the issue of it dc’ing me out of a full game in the middle to end, it happens often it also is not my internet provider or my router all has been the process of elimination, however it is extremely frustrating, there seem to be so many bugs lately that maybe there should be more focus on fixing these to make the game playable instead of adding all these new killers, accessories etc. please work on this I loose all progress from that trial and as I said it happens often.

Ms_Green44 try the fix I wrote. Its not BE fault this time... its really on your side

@BigBadWolfQc hello it's not Bhvr's fault seriously the problem happens from then the last update there was no problem before and you said it's not bhvr's fault and it's up to us to correct a problem in the router that did not exist before I think you're laughing at us but if we have to make adjustments on our side because of an update it's because it's not our fault we have to stop turning the problem against us when it comes from the last update.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,172

I'm getting disconnected too from PS4, haven't recently, but it's not my router or wifi or anything, might be a bug.

@BigBadWolfQc

In the article that you publish nothing is not properly explained already we do not know if the changes are to be made on Windows or in the internet box the more the article talks about windows 7 or most people use windows 10 now can say more

The article is about changing the network settings on your PC, not your router.

And it doesn't matter if it's for windows 7. The basics are still the same.

so one the article is not clear at all and two we don't have the same opinion between here and the customer service the customer service says well that they are aware of the problem here we say it's our fault

@EzBios

Also, its not because windows tell you that you have the latest driver for your ethernet card that this is the case (did happen to me)

Download the free version of Driver easy (look on google you'll find it) and make a quick check for your drivers you might get surprised!!

@BigBadWolfQc

wé I see the kind of you working for this company or what, like I have to install this software and then pay a subscription to update drivers more or less like not up to date and all this because bhvr made a problem in this last update

• SirBartholomewSirBartholomew Member Posts: 1

Also having the issue. Mine is only with the Steam version though. I played the Microsoft Store version that you can play with Game Pass last night with 0 issue. But today, played 4 matches and got DC'd from all of them. It seems that Steam stops responding once there's a few gens repaired and then I get DC'd since I technically lose connection momentarily. My internet is fine, tried all the fixes such as verifying, clearing Steam cache and the fix posted above. Nothing seems to have fixed it. The only thing I've yet to try is a full uninstall and install on a different drive but it doesn't seem like that option has been a solution for anyone. It seems this has been a problem for a while but there hasn't been an actual fix yet

edited November 2019

@BigBadWolfQc @KhaineGB

especially since I have made all the necessary corrections and I still have this problem that persists !!

and I am connected in wifi for my box I have no loss of data I went to see the corrections explain in your article it is only valid for an Ethernet connection or I told you I am in wifi and I have no loss of data

Post edited by EzBios on

playing online on wifi is never a good option

ah yes that's all you have to say it's all the fault of the wifi now I know you wanted to help but if it's to say anything it's useless my wifi and very good and I have no other solution so I know that the ethernet cable is better but the problem always comes from the behaviour side moreover my theory and checking the customer service confirms that there is a problem on their side and the other people who have the same problem too so you can be surprised to say that the problem comes from wifi or a bad setting on the computer it does not solve the problem

The fact is there's a good chance it COULD be your wifi. You could have 100% connection, full bars, etc and have something in the area that's messing around with packets, like a neighbours wifi connection, someone turning on a router, etc.

That's why I never, ever recommend gaming via wifi. There's too many variables that can screw things up.

And yes, BHVR are looking into it on their end as well. But you can't just sit there and say "Well everything else works so it MUST be them" when there's a ton of other variables to consider.

honestly if it's to say that kind of crap, just keep it closed forever.

and [BAD WORD] you well because the problem happens every day to streamer to buddies and all a bunch of other people and everyone knows that it doesn't come from wifi so shut the [BAD WORD] up your [BAD WORD] face

this game is a monumental [BAD WORD] and I'm well placed to say that I have 2700hrs of game I've never seen them worry about major bugs and this for 1 year that I play it and I have contact with other streamer who have 7000hrs of game and will say the same as month then we understood that the goal is to collect new players and in case keep them regular once we pay our money to buy your [BAD WORD] dlc you don't care the balls of us your work and made

edited November 2019

the forum and after-sales service is fire just to make you believe that there is a service behind the game so we see it very well as I said above the goal is to make the money the rest you don't give a damn about it side says so well it bothers you to go play civilization.

This discussion has been closed.