Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

So now Freddy = DC?

So for the last several days almost every time I play Freddy I have had survivors DC either as soon as they see who the killer is or immediately after being downed the first time. Is this seriously how the survivor community reacts to a killer being reworked? Oh this killer is more powerful now so I'm not even going to attempt to put up a fight.

I follow the "survivor rules" and don't tunnel or camp to give people a chance. Freddy is so much fun to play not to mention one of my favorite horror icons. Now it's such a gamble if I'll even get to play a decent match with him. I hope the devs are paying attention to this stuff.

Comments

• will_i_am_14_85will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 488

I haven't DC'd against the new Freddy yet, but whenever I see Chains and Swings I roll my eyes thinking its going to be one of those games, not difficult to beat but you're in for a potentially slow, long game.

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 450

I am a rank 14 killer. Not super great! Only occasionally get 4k.

• DeKillerKillerDeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

Can we just have one killer who specializes in Slowdown please? Just one.

Like genuinely slowdown the game if you stay in his world.

This is Freddy Krueger we're talking about. The Dream World is his world. So of course he would do something like slowing down generator repairs.

Freddy is not even anti-loop. His snares and pallets are great but they are nowhere near overpowered.

I just.. I'm desperate because I don't want him to be nerfed. I love playing as him too much.

I'm with you! The dream world mechanic is one of the most unique things in this game. There is no reason people can't deal with an occasional slowed down match.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Just wait for the full release of servers so that we can FINALLY get harsher punishments for quitters.

• OGBatDad69OGBatDad69 Member Posts: 32

Your favorite horror icon is a child molester? Wow!

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It's because of the Legion, Nurse, and future Spirit changes. More Survivors are starting to think that if they DC against something they don't like, then the devs will nerf it. Survivors don't like that Freddy is strong, so they're just going to keep DCing until the devs nerf him again and they won't stop until every Killer is garbage tier and can easily be bullied.

He was only explicitly labelled that in the remake. I grew up on the films in the 80's when he was only a child killer.

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 907

I don't mind Freddy. Never DC'd against him, but I find the "Forever Freddy" build to be extremely boring to go against. Pop, Ruin, Thana and Dying Light (most of the time one of these are replaced with BBQ so he can locate which gens are been worked on) with slowdown addons. He can remove any progress you've made everytime he downs a survivor and it takes forever for you to get the gen back to where it originally was. Meanwhile he can spam his snares midchase without any cooldown or he can put 10 pallets on a map, it's hard to tell which ones are real unless you just were put to sleep.

I don't think Freddy is OP or should be nerfed in any way, but I along with most people think that Freddy with all slowdown perks/addons is extremely boring to go against. Holding M1 is the most boring part of the game after all.

• WINTERSWINTERS Member Posts: 127

This is why I hate the remake because of them changing Freddy's background story. I will never acknowledge such a stupid change. Freddy is my favorite movie killer and in the game.

I think that's fair. But I believe those bulids are only run rarely. I don't run that sort of overkill slowdown build and I rarely run into a Freddy running that type of build as survivor.

The problem is people are DC'ing before they can possibly know that type of build is being run. It would be different if people were giving up 40 min into a match because they can't get any objectives done. That's not what's happening. The vast majority of Freddy's don't run those builds because they know people will quit against them.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Wasn't he originally going to be a child molester but they changed it to child killer for the 80s films?

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,220

They never come out and say it in the original movie, but the implications are clear as day, especially in the scenes between Nancy and her mother.

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 907
    edited November 2019

Oh definitely, didn't mean to make it sound like every Freddy uses that build. I've run into a couple though since the rework, but more with normal builds. When I play Freddy I usually don't have anyone DC, but I'm not a Freddy main, I play a variety of killers, mostly Pig and Bunny Momma. When I play surv I haven't noticed people DCing more against Freddy than any other killer. It usually doesn't take long to see if you're going against a Forever Freddy. Usually you can tell from the very first hook. If you're affected by both Remember Me and Thana and slowdown addons then the probability of him having Pop and BBQ is pretty high.?

I do not condone of DCing because of a specific killer or build, but I somewhat get why some people do it and I'm guilty of having done it myself a few times.