The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

This is fine?

newavitarnewavitar Member Posts: 219

Really? This is fine? Spirit is "broken", Nurse was "broken", Legion was "broken", Freddy was "broken" but this is fine? Gen times are fine? Keys are fine? Infinites are fine? Of all the imbalance, all the bullshit in this game, the majority of the playerbase decided that this was fine, but the only possible ways of dealing with this were "broken". For [BAD WORD] sake, even all the stuff that's "broken" or was "broken" couldn't deal with this. You don't have enough time to even take in your surroundings before all your generators are done. You don't even have enough time to hit a survivor and finish cleaning your weapon before all the gens are done. Requiring a killer to be absolutely perfect in every single way just to get one kill is fine, when survivors are given as many free second chances as they want. You're forced to finish a chase in less than the time it takes to heat up a cup of tea in the microwave when they're given loops that make it literally impossible to even get a hit in five times that amount. This is what the game is turning into. This is what you are fighting to turn the game into, and no amount of counter arguments have any remote beginning of explanation as to why the game is this way. I hear survivors complain that they have to run Iron Will to counter spirit, when we're forced to not only run one exact perk every single game or deal with this bullshit, but we are forced to play the same ONE killer now thanks to the nerfs to everyone, with the same ONE build just to have an actual chance against this. You complain about one perk needed only some of the time, when we have to run the same build on the same killer to have a fun game, let alone a chance to win.

And you want to take that away, even still.

You will turn this game into a killer wasteland with nothing but survivors playing, killers either only playing for a daily or the top 1% of players able to maybe get one kill if they're lucky, and play the same killers, same builds over and over again.

You want this? You complain about games being "boring" yet you're the cause. Tired of slugging? Make it so we can afford to hook you. Tired of tunneling? Make it so we don't have to eliminate one person from the game immediately just to be on a level playing field. Tired of camping? Make it so we don't have to camp just to have a chance for one kill. Tired of always seeing Spirit? Make it so we have literally any chance of winning with any other killer. Tired of seeing Ruin? Make it so we don't lose 3 gens after a single chase. Tired of seeing Noed? Make it so it's possible to win the endgame without it. Tired of people dodging lobbies? Or killers DCing? Make it so it isn't a chore to play against your bullshit. Everything you complain about came from your own fruition. In case you didn't notice, but we call our own bullshit out too. If it's actually broken, we call that [BAD WORD] out. Omega blink? [BAD WORD] was broken. Glad it's gone. Prayer Beads? Shouldn't exist. Mori's? Pointless and no fun. And any killer with any fraction of a brain will agree. But the things you complain about that we offer counter arguments? It's because we've seen more than you have. It's because we deal with it more often. It's because we speak more truly, we call our own issues and we know when something isn't a real issue. Nurse basekit was not a real issue. Spirit is not a real issue. You need to stop this greedy, childish temper tantrum [BAD WORD] and start using your brains before this match becomes the norm for every single game.

Comments

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 909

Have you ever heard of paragraphs?

I watched that whole match. It was almost 14 minutes while he was only running Pop to slow down gens.

They humped the IW window, but nobody argues that window is dumb.

They played well otherwise. It took them bringing all that to escape his Killer.

Should I post where Tru3 played GF for an entire stream (6+ hours), tracked his games and only “lost” once?

• Sasori_puppetSasori_puppet Member Posts: 725
    edited November 10

"I GOT 1K SURVIVORS ARE OP! um what... you are saying 1k or 2k or 3k is enough? WHAT!!!! YOU ARE AN ENTITLED SURVIVOR MAIN! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET 4K EVERY MATCH IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT I GET 4K 9/10 OF MY MATCHES I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET EASY 4K EVERY GAME REEEEEEEEE" just some killer who lost his 4k streak because of one match 😒

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 937
  • ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 1,470

ah a tru3 video anyone who plays decent is a swf

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,756

14 minute game complains about gens...

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 1,470

could be a 20 minute game and I bet gens would still be complained about

• ba_tetsuoba_tetsuo Member Posts: 261

Eh, not a huge fan of Tru3's attitude, but his killer is really good, that being said, I do agree with a few points in the OP. Not all, but definitely a few.

In that video, the first gen was done in literally 30 seconds. It was done in the time it took him to walk from spawn to the gen, so "more pressure" really isn't an option. It just shouldn't be possible to complete a gen that fast. You could argue that it happened because of a lack of ruin, but that would just be admitting that ruin is necessary to stop it.

Second chance perks are honestly getting a little out of hand, especially when multiple people double up. They're the only reason I still think moris should exist in the current state.

Release legion WAS broken, but he was definitely over nerfed.

I think new Nurse is fine. She still has her chase potential, though I think there should have been a purple addon to give her a 3rd blink instead of a pink one.

Forever Freddy only exists because of the absolute nightmare that is current gen times, other than that, he's in a good place right now, IMO.

Spirit is... exactly the same as she was since her last balance change in.... 11/6/2018? Nothing has changed for her, except Nurse got nerfed. There is always going to be a most powerful killer. Bringing the top one down every cycle isn't the way to balance them.

Out of all of the OP, the one thing I cannot agree more with is this:

Killers should not have to rely on survivor mistakes to perform well. In a perfect game, where neither killer or survivor makes a single mistake, the survivor wins. All of the killer's ability to get a good result relies on the survivor to make mistakes. Not really sure what the fix for this part is, but that's definitely the current state of the game. The problem with making the killer rely on survivor mistakes comes when you have a bunch of different survivor perks/addons that nullify those mistakes.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 179

Oh, the famous ridiculous loop on the Ironworks of Killer's misery. I still don't understand why they haven't removed it. There's also a ridiculous loop at the coal tower.

I agree with most of what has been said by op. In my opinion gen speed and map design are the two biggest flaws of these game if you play against survivors that know what they're doing. Hopefully one day this game will become better. When it does all the toxic [BAD WORD] we have to deal with from both sides will eventually vanish.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 179

The only reason why the match took more than 7 or 8 minutes is because the remaining 4 gens were close to each other. It's a lot easier to pressure the gens when they are that close. That's a mistake some genrushers make, and it's a mistake that can cost them the entire match, which in the end denies them their genrush and gives the killer a 3k or 4k. However, if you are going to genrush and manage to leave one of the last three gens as far as possible from the other two it's pretty much gg in 7 or 8 minutes if you play against a killer with low mobility that isn't running ruin.