Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do you guys think Moris are fair?

Mostly making this thread to go along with the "do you guys think keys are fair?" thread because I'm interested in the logic behind someone who thinks one is fair but not the other.

Comments

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 3,839

apparently to people moris are hard to get yet i get a mori like every bloodweb or 2 (the red one) .But i personally think them in themselves are fair because once you know the killer has it you can play a lot more cautious. Like if the killer knows a survivor has a key theyll try to either get rid of it or kill the survivor.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007
    edited November 2019

I personally dislike Mori's, but they are fair. You have full knowledge of them prior to the game starting. Devour Hope is earned, Rancor is double sided sword, Cypress and Ivory are ok. Ebony is a little overpowered, but you know instantly or should always assume Ebony.

Same with Keys. The only thing I wish was different with keys was outside of Bringing them in or finding them with Plunders I feel they should not just be found randomly without plunders in chest.

Because there's a set amount of ultra rares in the game and that's very small ranging from 1 to 3 without Splinters.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,418

Totally agree. I play both sides and without question, I'm way more likely to find Moris in the bloodweb (sometimes 2 or 3 in the same level) than I am to find keys. From level 1 to level 50, you're lucky if you get like 3 or 4 keys and only one of them will be the pink one. Meanwhile once you hit level 30, there's almost a mori in every bloodweb from there to 50

ive played with a maxed out meg for a year year and a half and may have gotten 10 in my lifetime and ive only played killer for 2 months and have gotten like 20 moris probably.

Also i personally dont use moris myself but if its a 4man swf with flashlights yeah no im murdering all you no mercy.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,869

Depends on when you use them after first Hook no

If use them when the survivors going to be dead on hook I guess it's ok but then it also takes away the possibility of that person being saved with a flashlight pallet or body blocking but it's a lot better than first hook moring.

• ArtyomichArtyomich Member Posts: 281

Keys and Mori's aren't fair.

• darkkidarkki Member Posts: 35

4 swf + 4 flashlights -> Ebony incoming.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

No, they aren't. Especially Ebony Mori, but even Ivory Mori can win you games easily. I would make them useable just after you hooked all 4 survivors.

Devour Hope and Rancor are fine tho, because they aren't too reliable and even take time to build up in the case of Devour Hope.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,540

Fair? No. But I like that they exist because they keep fear in the game

As I've said repeatedly - few people had a problem with them back in the original bloodweb because they showed up so seldom.

We need that rarity back.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,758

I think moris are way more unfair that keys, keys have harsher requisites than moris.

First of all you can get moried pretty much at the start, the only requisite is to get hooked once and get tunneled, keys on the other hand require you to fix a number of gens and finding the hatch, a 4 men key escape requires 5 gens, that means a full length match, 3 men key escapes are similar, just one less gen but the killer gets to sacrifice one guy, 2 men the killer bags 2 survivors, 1 guy means the killer got 3 and closed the hatch, what im trying to say is keys might be unfair (they are, especially in 2 men escapes) but even if they pull it out the killer still gets something for its time, some chases, some kills, hooks, some fun etc. But the first and the second guys moried get pretty much nothing except a -1 and maybe 8k and the other 2 are left in a match with almost no hope of surviving except for a hatch escape.

Second moris are very abundant, keys not so much.

With all that being said, I wouldnt mind the removing of keys if they remove ebony and ivory moris, the cypress one can stay as it just means the last survivor is getting moried instead of hooked.

• CetrenCetren Member Posts: 917

I think they're fair and they can be fun to play against. Its nice to actually be afraid of the killer and not just have second chance after second chance queued up. I think they need to change ebony down to two kills from 4. Other than that they're fine.

• CyroCyro Member Posts: 79

I have over 40 ebony moris on Demogorgon alone.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,398

I find them to be fair, yes eliminating one person can hurt the entire survivor team, but now you have to think about how long they could have distracted you, and how long the mori is to the point that survivors can actually get a good amount of gens done

They are really as fair as keys imo

• MagnathemaMagnathema Member Posts: 25

I think they’re kind of unfair but I will sometimes use one if I think I’m up against a 4-man SWF. Voice comms are even more unfair and with a mori I can even the odds.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,532
    edited November 2019

The ebony mori is definetly busted, since it basically reduces the killers' objective by 2/3, and it promotes toxicity. On the ivory I'm a bit torn because it has the same flaws of the ebony, but it's not so impactful on the survivors. The cypress is ok, it's more about the cool factor.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165

Moris are most definitely not "fair" otherwise people wouldn't disconnect straight away during the offering screen to cancel the match.

I rarely use moris myself because I always notice how much easier the game is if the first survivor literally gets thrown out of the game within a minute. The thing is though moris are -animation wise- awesome. Everytime a new killer gets released I immediately search for a mori clip.

Question is how do you keep moris without making them irrationally strong while keeping them useful?

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,418

Good question.

I'm not one of the people who thinks moris should be removed because I like them in the game. I think they would be more balanced with an additional requirement. On top of the survivor having to be hooked once, the killer should also have to hook another survivor in order to activate the mori on the first person.

As it stands now, whoever gets hooked first in a match with a mori present usually gets camped and/or tunneled and removed from the match with like 3k points. The killer should be required to go apply pressure to someone else and get another hook before they're allowed to mori that first person.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,592
    edited November 2019

In a competitive sense no they're obviously not but they are fun. One of the few ways to make any killer a huge threat.

Makes hidden offerings a more thrilling on the edge experience as survivor since the killer can actually kill you easier.

Keys aren't fun you just poof there is no cool animation either.

• SkeletonWitchSkeletonWitch Member Posts: 94

It's definitely frustrating, once you're hooked you know it's over for you, there is almost no chance especially when the killer wants his kill so bad he'll tunnel from the second you get unhooked.

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I think moris themselves are fair because we are playing a HORROR GAME but I must admit that killers who tunnel their moris are scummy. I think moris should be activated under one of two conditions: everyone must be hooked first or the survivor is on their death hook.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,203

Fair? Not remotely. The Mori is essentially an official griefing mechanic that bypasses the intended game flow to completely ruin a match for at least one person, while also damaging the killer's Sacrifice score. As a survivor, you can't plan around it or do anything different to account for it. Once you know it is in play, it's too late.

Keys are a different story. The killer can see them in the lobby and counterpick Franklin's Demise or other slowdown perks. During the match, you can see items in survivors' hands. You know as well as they do when the hatch has spawned, and you can look for it and chase them away from it. I'm not saying this situation is remotely perfect, but there are actions you can take to account for the presence of a key in a match. You can't do this with a Mori.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

Most of the time, I only bring a mori as a deterant. If you wanna dress as 4 identicle looking survivors to try to trick me into eating a DS... I got something for that. Of course, I dont have to actually USE it, but I can still bring it to avoid shenanigans.

• TeambossFlozeTeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

No I dont

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

No moris are as overpowered as keys, because they shorten the objective of one side drastically.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 926

With the current state of the game in which a gen can be done in 30 seconds before you can even get to it, yes they are fair.

• MedicSpirit7MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 675

yea they fine

• Mert_MKMert_MK Member Posts: 607

Not at all. They are for baby killers who are just bad at the game.

Change the requirement to Mori someone after you hook everyone at least once before.

Unfortunately for Killers, secret offerings make my PC crash :(

• driesthdriesth Member Posts: 12

Ivory and Cypress moris are fine. Ebony Mori is also fine against a toxic 4 man SWF but not against randoms. The game knows which survivors are SWF so why can't they let the killer use Ebony Mori against 3 or 4 man SWF? Maybe make another mori for killing 2 people against toxic 2 man SWF.