Home Discussions General Discussions

New Killer.. Not Spirit's Father

2»

Comments

• KhorzadKhorzad Member Posts: 107

In my opinion, this teaser 100% confirms that the Killer is not the father, but the ancestor, as I have said before. All of the clues point out to him much more than the father:

-Is not the same voice, yeah, it could just be using different voice actors, but the voice is clearly meant to be ancient and less human than what we heard from the father. Also, “your blood belongs to the Yamaoka” is something that makes more sense for the creator of the lineage to say,not the father is just a normal guy more worried about his work and the money issues than his blood, if he even is a Yamaoka. The lineage could be from her wife.

"Shouldering both university fees and hospital bills, the father worked past exhaustion. To keep a roof over their heads, he profaned their legacy. The walls of their ancestral home were sealed with mouldy materials for a cheap fix. As the house was stripped of its integrity, an old anger was awakened. "

-The teaser is very focused on the mask, a mask that is mentioned to belong to the ancestor,same with the swords.

-The blood retreating could be the “house” absorbing the blood, which could imply that the crime that the father did awaken the spirit of the ancestor or something,which is implied in some descriptions:

"Her home became profane."

It still could be the father...possessed by the spirit or the spirit possessing the mother, how knows, but the Ancestor has to be involved in some ways, and having a oni/samurai killer is different enough of the spirit to be his own killer, while the father on his own...it doesn’t have a lot of potential and shares too much lore with his daughter. I mean, the father couldn’t have his own tome, because half of his history is that of Rin.

And hell, a Samurai Killer...we could have another range killer in DBD, as there were a lot of samurais that used bows.

She could, but the issue could be more on Rin losing her source of anger and revenge. If she loses that, she has no motivation to kill, no motivation, no emotions for the Entity to feed, no matter how much it tortures her, eventually she will had to go to the Void.

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 839

I believe one of Benedict Baker's journal entries mentions that the entity has essentially tortured the soul of the killer to the point of doing its bidding without question.

Hell, one of the journal entries hints at the possibility of Baker becoming a killer. Although, with the lore on "The Hunger," it looks more likely that Vigo will become a killer.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,854
    edited November 2019

You know that the most of the ppl are just meming around with this?

• ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,072

Maybe the Entity making her father a killer is a twisted way of keeping the promise. The Spirit gets to hunt him in between trials or something lol.

• Tired_BubbaTired_Bubba Member Posts: 19

Ancestor,father honestly what's the difference, I think if it is her father it'll show how manipulative the entity is, tricking Rin saying she'll get revenge then getting Adam Francis, like others say the Entity is not a trustful being,think of the alchemist, Evan, Sally even Adiris, the entity has proven it's not a Worthy god, I hope it's Rins father since it would prove how much of a decipher it is

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 3,041

In the case of Rin’s relative being the new killer...

”IT IS NOT HER FATHER!”

• ev3ryev3ry Member Posts: 7

This was a comment on youtube, I dont know but this might make sense

""Her father faced a debt that grew without end. He started working double-shifts in hopes of obtaining a promotion.

That's when he started losing sleep. A dark whisper would keep him awake all night, reminding him of his hopeless situation.

Exhausted, he started to lose grasp of reality."

I think her father got possessed by this entity causing him to kill his wife and daughter!"

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 839

In her bio in-game, it very much alludes to this being the case. I actually thought it was kinda weird that Run became the killer, and not her father. As every other killer, like, actually killed someone in their bio.