Home Discussions General Discussions

The Nurse is being ignored

Comments

• avilmaskavilmask Member Posts: 600

She wasn't easy to begin with, why make her not only weaker, but also even harder? No-one plays her means she's balanced, because all 5 nurse players have a 50/50 result on her.

• DepressedClownMainDepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

Ok, I have lost my place in this discussion because OP called me a liar. Bye Guys

• thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 410

Myers, Huntress, Demogorgon, and Hag are all excellent killers. Just because you don't play against them often doesn't mean they're bad. I get Myers like every other match.

I dunno, I just started using the Nurse. She has a learning curve for sure (especially on console), but she's great.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,659

You guys don't understand!

You have to be patient with your blinks and that lets you end chases faster!

(WTF DOES THAT MEAN O_O)

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,099
    edited November 2019

Hate to interrupt this back and forth but has anyone played Nurse in the PTB?

They made changes to how her blink movement interacts with the server.

From my experience the blink movement animation is missing. It looks like you blink in place then instantly pop to where you would of landed normally.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,061

Lol you really think they ain't bad? Have fun with 4 spine chills with Myers.

Huntress is barely played same as the others. Myers is just rare.

• mortarmortar Member Posts: 5

Now when I play a survivor, I'm less likely to see a nurse than Clown or LF. (Red Rank)

Certainly, she has a problem now.

• Izo_QuartzIzo_Quartz Member Posts: 170
    edited November 2019

People still crying about the nurse nerfs? Lmao

She's still the strongest killer in the game and so much more fun to play with the new addons, and that's a fact. The only real nerf here is that she's gone down from being the best killer by far to being the best killer with Spirit in a somewhat close 2nd.

• ShadowRainShadowRain Member Posts: 467

@Peanits Any update on her base kit revert?

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776
    edited November 2019

Now find a video that ads walls and rocks/trees between you and the survivor and see if 4 blinks will reach them, TLDR it won't as nurse now has a tendency to short blink rather than go through the wall or rock that they should have.

The very fact that you need 4+ blinks to catch up to a survivor who is running in a straight line destroys all arguments you can come up with, as that is TIME WASTED that should not have been wasted on something so simple. This is the problem, her nerf has obliterated her map control. She can't defend anything because she is so damn slow now, and large maps make the issue even worse.

She can't chase. She can't defend, She can't patrol gens.

The nurse is dead.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,099

Guess OP was right. I've only seen one other person post about this bug on the PTB Feedback.

A good Myers player will have no problems. Huntress is undeniably top-tier. A player that is good with those killers will have no problem. Just because you've had a negative experience doesn't mean they're bad.

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,061

I am a Myers Main I played since day one of me getting the DLC. And guess what? It was my first.

My second was Huntress.

I entered purple and Red ranks with Myers. I know what is bad or good for killers.

And having 90 spine chills going off and them hiding before you get there is kinda dumb

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 2,856

Moonwalk if you have such a problem with Spine Chill. There are ways to play around it. Mind-game, moonwalk, just outplay them. Spine Chill isn't a guaranteed factor anyways.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,159

This is how it feels talking about her knowing full well nothing will be done about the sad state she is in.

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 218

@PickCollins hear hear, I was a nurse main without Omega blink adds etc and found her so unfun that I actually swapped to survivor... Became rank 1 survivor and meet two or three nurses, ask of them I just outran...

• ZoldyarZoldyar Member Posts: 431

You are saying it as if the killer can't position themselves in an angle in which the surivior can't do anything. If it really was that easy then no one would have been complaining about her add ons because her ability still stays the same.

Breaking line of sight would means the surivior would have to perfectly be near indoors or close to a corner in the timing the nurse was there. Not to mention that doesn't do much because the nurse has two blinks for a reason. You use the first one to put yourself in the position where you know what the surivior is doing and where he is. Then use the second one for the take down.

That depends on the nurse player because realistically the nurse has control of everything. Just like a surivior doing gens, they can't decide rather or not they want to do gens fast or slow.

To be honest, the devs has said that they would usually nerf a killer if they at over performing (spirit) and if there was alot of complain. Obviously, the nurse is not fun to play as or against (that's in my opinion), but just like a good surivior. If a good nurse player was to show up there is nothing a surivior can do which is why she has always been put high up in the tier list. That being said, the devs making the nurse less fun to play against wasn't a good idea(I think we did a pretty good job so far) and I don't mind the changes to make her fun. However, I don't like how people call her weak and say she cant do anything because that is very untrue.

You say all of that as if the killer would just let you do that to them multiple times. If that was the case they would have buffed the nurse not nerf her. Let me give you an example of how you would sound like if a surivior was talking about gen speed.

How to counter gen speed? Have map pressure, always make sure you are constantly on a surivior at all times to keep them off gens. You have sounds to know if a surivior is doing a gen so all of you have to do is knock down the surivior and hook them. You can also slug the surivior which can grant you a win no matter how many gens are left. Not to mention that because the surivior won't know the exact location of where you are, you can surpise attack them and knock down then down then hook them. Then just repeat the process of pressuring everyone and knocking them down then hooking them. It's easy to say, hard to do.

I mean unless you are saying the nurse is weak, I don't agree with you. But if you are saying she is unfun then this conversation is kind of pointless.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

"You are saying it as if the killer can't position themselves in an angle in which the surivior can't do anything. If it really was that easy then no one would have been complaining about her add ons because her ability still stays the same."

What are you even talking about here? Yeah killers can position themselves in a way where survivors can't take certain escape routes. With Nurse your counter to her was to be unpredictable. Break LOS. Go for the clutch pallet stun every here and there. Vault windows. Use scratch marks. You had a myriad of ways to beat Nurse in a chase. Just because you never used them does not at all mean base Nurse needed nerfed. No informed opinion on Nurse rated her basekit as overpowered.

"Breaking line of sight would means the surivior would have to perfectly be near indoors or close to a corner in the timing the nurse was there. Not to mention that doesn't do much because the nurse has two blinks for a reason. You use the first one to put yourself in the position where you know what the surivior is doing and where he is. Then use the second one for the take down."

Or they just have to be nearby one of the giant structures literally scattered around the map. Also yes she has two blinks. One for gap close, the other for precision. If you break LOS effectively, her first blink to gap close isn't gonna put her in a prime position for her precision blink to actually land so she can hit you. And when you juke that? Congrats kiddo, you get a free window where she CANNOT TOUCH YOU. So use that window and run, break LOS again. Make distance on her. JFC its not a hard concept to explain. I've done it countless times as a red rank survivor and red rank Nurse player, so I know how these things play out.

"That depends on the nurse player because realistically the nurse has control of everything. Just like a surivior doing gens, they can't decide rather or not they want to do gens fast or slow"

So you're telling me the "power role" in the game actually has power? GASP the horror. Nurse is meant to be the killer where you say "the survivors are going to play by my rules now". I remember the day where Nurse was respected and feared. Where seeing a good Nurse made survivors afraid that they would lose. Now even seeing a good Nurse survivors couldn't care less. They laugh in her face.

"To be honest, the devs has said that they would usually nerf a killer if they at over performing (spirit) and if there was alot of complain. Obviously, the nurse is not fun to play as or against (that's in my opinion), but just like a good surivior. If a good nurse player was to show up there is nothing a surivior can do which is why she has always been put high up in the tier list. That being said, the devs making the nurse less fun to play against wasn't a good idea(I think we did a pretty good job so far) and I don't mind the changes to make her fun. However, I don't like how people call her weak and say she cant do anything because that is very untrue."

Blah blah blah your opinion which isn't telling of any certain majority until you say "I don't like how people call her weak".

LET ME EXPLAIN SOMETHING. Nurse needs to sacrifice one of the most important fields as a killer to use her blinks when she needs them, and that is map pressure. If you use ur blinks to patrol gens, survivors get away and you can't chase them until after their long ass 6 seconds of literal invulnerability against you. A killer with no map pressure is an F tier killer. End. Of. Story. Want proof? Old Freddy and current Leatherface. Both of them had/have atrocious map pressure. Nurse has to give up map pressure for chase power. And guess what? A killer with no map pressure is a bad killer. It doesn't matter how good their chase power is. Nurse could ignore every pallet in the game, see through walls, and instamori every survivor she touches. But if she only moves at 97%, good fkn luck trying to get that to work. No map pressure is what breaks a lot of killers. It's mostly why Clown is so bad rn.

"How to counter gen speed? Have map pressure, always make sure you are constantly on a surivior at all times to keep them off gens. You have sounds to know if a surivior is doing a gen so all of you have to do is knock down the surivior and hook them. You can also slug the surivior which can grant you a win no matter how many gens are left. Not to mention that because the surivior won't know the exact location of where you are, you can surpise attack them and knock down then down then hook them. Then just repeat the process of pressuring everyone and knocking them down then hooking them. It's easy to say, hard to do."

Map pressure is being able to go from one gen to another quickly. Map pressure is being able to quickly secure hooks before survivors get gens done. Gens get done in 80 seconds. That's long enough for one chase to blow out 3 finished gens even against Nurse. how on earth is that fair.

Second of all. Pressure is not "i find survivor I chase survivor". If that was true, 3 gen strats wouldn't be a thing. Basically what you do as killer now, especially with Nurse being a pathetic sack of bedsheets, is find the 3 generators that you really liike and try to tunnell down at least 1 dude before it's only those 3 remaining and hope to god they don't get a yolo key out of a chest or bring one in.

"I mean unless you are saying the nurse is weak, I don't agree with you. But if you are saying she is unfun then this conversation is kind of pointless."

Why are you even here? All you are doing is spreading misinformation and parroting the same equivocating bullshit that you see survivors in postgame lobbies try to pull to justify why flashlight clicking the killer was more important than doing a totem and NOED is just a 100% OP perk with no counterplay bc totems are hard. You are making zero sense.

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 908

played nurse yesterday with her 115% movement addon, it was pretty fun. survivors had no idea what I was doing and why I was fast as f. also, far away hooks wasn't big deal on swamp

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,604

That's because they are survivor mains or low ranks that never played nurse and have no idea about nurse at all. Or they didn't meet nurse player enough to realize there is an add-ons to turn her into second legion.

It non-directly shows that no one plays nurse anymore.

Btw you say you have fun being 115% killer with no power than using the blink, right? That's exactly the problem. How come a 115% killer with no power is more fun than a killer with "strongest" power in the game?

So it's true, nurse is the most unfun thing to play in this game (i say thing because i included everything in the game)

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

So it's more fun playing a powerless 115 MS killer than it is to play the killer with "the most broken power in the game" (reading from the Nurse chapter of the survivor rulebook).?

If that's at all true, then that proves what Nurse mains are complaining about to be 100% true. Nurse isn't fun anymore. [BAD WORD] balance, Throw that [BAD WORD] out the window. She could be F tier for all I [BAD WORD] care. BUT SHE ISNT FUN.

• ZoldyarZoldyar Member Posts: 431
    edited November 2019

"What are you even talking about here? Yeah killers can position themselves in a way where survivors can't take certain escape routes. With Nurse your counter to her was to be unpredictable. Break LOS. Go for the clutch pallet stun every here and there. Vault windows. Use scratch marks. You had a myriad of ways to beat Nurse in a chase. Just because you never used them does not at all mean base Nurse needed nerfed. No informed opinion on Nurse rated her basekit as overpowered"

What are you talking about here? Vault? The killer can just teleport through it and just hit you. Pallet? The killer can just teleport right back on you.

I'm pretty sure if I never tried them I wouldn't be responding to real outcomes that comes with all these "counters "of yours.

Clearly you are not experience in this game if you actually think this works all the time. If that was the case, explain why nurse got nerf ? If it was really that easy, why was she ranked so high up? It's obvious, it's because she is capable of controlling her blinks to the direction of the surivior. You being unpredictable hardly means anything because once a killer blink to an area in which you can't dodge or escape, you are going to get hit.

You understand that using scratch marks means you would have to go that direction then head the opposite way, right? So that means you have wasted time walking that direction and also wasted time walking back as you are not running. This just leads the killer to catch up on you because it's not as if the killer has any perks or add on to locate you once hit.

That's untrue and I don't think you have any evidence to prove her Base kit wasn't overpowered. Nurse was capable of ignoring all loops and could catch up to any surivior with the ability to constantly getting her 2 blinks back without any delay. So it wouldn't matter if you missed because you have been right back on to the surivior. This is just common sense, but what exactly made her Base kit not overpowered? If you look at the tier list of every killer even when they don't include add ons, nurse is still at top and I don't mind showing evidence of it.

"Or they just have to be nearby one of the giant structures literally scattered around the map. Also yes she has two blinks. One for gap close, the other for precision. If you break LOS effectively, her first blink to gap close isn't gonna put her in a prime position for her precision blink to actually land so she can hit you. And when you juke that? Congrats kiddo, you get a free window where she CANNOT TOUCH YOU. So use that window and run, break LOS again. Make distance on her. JFC its not a hard concept to explain. I've done it countless times as a red rank survivor and red rank Nurse player, so I know how these things play out."

You understand that the gens in maps don't always spawn near structure or in one, right? Auto heaven map offering is an example. So pretty much the killer is blind and can't use common sense to predict where the surivior is with the first blink then hit the surivior on her second. There is no reasonable explanation to why a nurse player can't just teleport through the object with her first to get line of sight, then used her second one to hit or get close distance. It doesn't matter if she missed because she would instantly get her two blinks back and be right back on to the surivior.

"Free window where she can't not hit you". Not as if killers can't hit suriviors through windows at all. Not as if the nurse can't just teleport straight through it, making that window compelelty pointless. Not as if you are losing los because you have the killer a notification of the window you vaulted in and a view of your scratch marks. Just saying.

You done this countless time? For reason I don't believe that because if it was that easy, nurse wouldn't be the strongest killer nor been the number one killer to use in red rank. I don't know the red ranks nurse players you came up against, but they are no where near comparable to mine. I don't mind showing gameplay footage of how it really be like for those who are good with nurse.

"Blah blah blah your opinion which isn't telling of any certain majority until you say "I don't like how people call her weak"."

Blah, blah, blah, your opinion which isn't telling of any certain majority until you say "Nurse is weak". Also, it is not as if I been saying "I don't like how people call her weak" over four times in different comments which just made your statement even more pointless than it already was.

"LET ME EXPLAIN SOMETHING. Nurse needs to sacrifice one of the most important fields as a killer to use her blinks when she needs them, and that is map pressure. If you use ur blinks to patrol gens, survivors get away and you can't chase them until after their long ass 6 seconds of literal invulnerability against you. A killer with no map pressure is an F tier killer. End. Of. Story. Want proof? Old Freddy and current Leatherface. Both of them had/have atrocious map pressure. Nurse has to give up map pressure for chase power. And guess what? A killer with no map pressure is a bad killer. It doesn't matter how good their chase power is. Nurse could ignore every pallet in the game, see through walls, and instamori every survivor she touches. But if she only moves at 97%, good fkn luck trying to get that to work. No map pressure is what breaks a lot of killers. It's mostly why Clown is so bad rn."

LET ME EXPLAIN, the old nurse had map pressure and fast chase down, so was that considered fair to you? Also, if all killers such as the leatherface was all so bad then I'm pretty sure the devs would have buffed them because there average kill per game would have said a lot about the killer. For example, Freddy got buff because of the complaint and his average kill per game. Obviously from killers such as leatherface not getting a buff, there is something about the killer that is doing well (basement bubba).

"Map pressure is being able to go from one gen to another quickly. Map pressure is being able to quickly secure hooks before survivors get gens done. Gens get done in 80 seconds. That's long enough for one chase to blow out 3 finished gens even against Nurse. how on earth is that fair."

However, killers still manages to win games even though the odds are against them, am I wrong? Also, that is me listing how easy it sounds to counter it than it actually is. I'm pretty sure I made that clear, so I didn't see the point of you responding to that, but okay.

"Second of all. Pressure is not "i find survivor I chase survivor". If that was true, 3 gen strats wouldn't be a thing. Basically what you do as killer now, especially with Nurse being a pathetic sack of bedsheets, is find the 3 generators that you really liike and try to tunnell down at least 1 dude before it's only those 3 remaining and hope to god they don't get a yolo key out of a chest or bring one in."

Clearly you didn't get the point of it at all and I pretty sure I said map pressure is keeping suriviors off gens, but okay.

"Why are you even here? All you are doing is spreading misinformation and parroting the same equivocating bullshit that you see survivors in postgame lobbies try to pull to justify why flashlight clicking the killer was more important than doing a totem and NOED is just a 100% OP perk with no counterplay bc totems are hard. You are making zero sense."

Why are you even here, you call the nurse weak even though people have Cleary shown gameplays of the nerf nurse still getting 3k each game. So all you are doing is just showing you never actually developed proper skill for the nurse and just rely on add ons all game. Also, what is the point of you responding if my comment is so irreverent?

There is no misinformation because I said it multiple times that I'm here to say the nurse is not weak. You didn't have a problem me saying it before, but all of sudden you do now? It's clear you are just looking for anything to complain about.

I'm making zero sense? I say you should relax and just re think whay you just type there. It sounds like you been builled or annoyed by an swf team.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,604

If nurse is really that op, main her. Because why not? You can basically got free wins every game, and winning is fun, right?

And if you want serious talk, i can tell you that i hate the fact you assume every nurse players that cannot do well now are all potatoes that have no real skill and were relying on broken add-ons. I absolutely hate it. People are happy that those add-ons are gone, but not for her basekit change. So keep your insult.