Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PS4
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

BROKEN: Self Care prioritized over Pallet Drop

KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 975

It’s broken again. It’s like every patch this flip-flops. Pallet drops should ALWAYS have priority over Self-Care, as should window vaults, pallet vaults, entering a locker, etc. Self-Care should NEVER have priority over anything, EVER! Why do you fix it in one patch, only for it to be broken in the next? Please stop breaking this, seriously!

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 2,132

The amount of times I have sneaked away to safety next to a pallet and then the game has to decide whether I want to heal myself or slam the pallet down as loudly as possible.

On PC it's a different button. On PS4 I have loads of buttons but for some reason, on PS4 everything is the same one. I think you can change it but I'll struggle to unlearn.

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,090

Change your heal button. Easy

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 975

@xenofon13 that doesn't work. The button configuration options on PS4 are atrocious. I've tried many different options, and it always comes down to BHVR not knowing anything about making games for controllers. They don't follow ANY of the best practices.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,065

I'm having trouble with this as well. The pallet will not drop. You can try while running through, or run up to one and drop it in front of you, but this is unreliable when the killer is too close. You see Pallet for a split second, then it's self-care only. I just can't drop a pallet during a chase. Why is it like this? I don't remember it always being difficult.