Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do NOT go through with Beast Of Prey

Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,949
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

Recently, there was an announcement that was released to the community that gave us all upcoming changes towards the next chapter. I will not comment on anything stated within it besides the perk, Beast Of Prey.

Beast Of Prey is a perk that gives the Killer no red stain when in a chase after getting bloodlusted. With what the leak has said, Beast will now reward the Killer with Undetectable. Now, on paper, this sounds really cool, it’ll help Killers deal with SWFs giving callouts to their friends while in a chase with perks like Alert and Object, but there’s a huge issue that will come of it.

As others have stated, and I myself will state, this perk will be heavily abused on Legion. Legion was heavily nerfed awhile ago due to an exploit that allowed them to chase a Survivor by means of moonwalking to avoid having the Survivor’s deep wound meter to deplete and easily get downed. With the changes, Legion’s deep wound was TR based rather than chase based. Here’s where the issues start to show.

Undetectable gives the Killer NO terror radius. This perk will give you the Undetectable status effect when in a chase. Legion can Frenzy and vault pallets while in a chase to keep up with Survivors. Need I say more on where this is heading? Do not go through with these changes OR rework the Deep Wound system.

TL;DR Legion + New Beast= Moonwalking Legion 2.0

Comments

• yandere777yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Where did you find this? Link please lol

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,628

Heres an idea..... break the chase---> heartbeat comes back.... killer needs to chase to gain bloodlust again.... if a killer chases like this, they're wasting too much time anyways.... everything is going to be fine, let's see how it pans out.

• avilmaskavilmask Member Posts: 600

Deep wound probably gonna be changed so it doesn't count in chases as well.

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,949
    edited November 2019

Breaking a chase with Legion is harder than it sounds. Especially with Legion’s upcoming buffs to Frenzy and Vaulting speeds. I’ve been maining Legion since day one of their release in the PTB last December, and even I know this change will be horrific.

• yandere777yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Either I'm dumb and can't find them or they are not posted

• nickoffordnickofford Member Posts: 105

Didn't even think about this , please highlight this thread

• PereliePerelie Member Posts: 433

Not even allowed to have a single perk buffed in the same patch with 2 killer nerfs without survivor mains crying..

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

How much time will it take for a survivor to drop because of this?

15 seconds to trigger Beast of Prey, then the time to wait through Deep Wound.

Doesn't sound very efficient especially when it's so easy to lose LoS and cause the killer to lose bloodlust.

• UncannyLuckUncannyLuck Member Posts: 210

Nemesis is going to be so much worse for this. Making the FF target oblivious for 40s

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 2,840

If they just made it so that the timer didn't go down in chase as well as the TR, it would fix the issues with deep wounds all together, Legion, Ghostface, and Freddy

Again, losing LoS with Legion is difficult. And while it may be an inefficient way of getting Survivors, it’ll still be a situation that will be abused for tunneling Survivors.

Hence why Moonwalking Legion was deleted.

edited November 2019

Perks like Ruin, Pop, and Overcharge can make time lost by tunneling a Survivor somewhat irrelevant. You also forget that some players may just abuse this system to simply make players unhappy rather than caring for objectives. Yes, the time is long, but some players are willing to waste time out of their life to make other’s Hell.

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 708

This is assuming legion hits you with frenzy, suffers a 4 sec stun and manages to track you down without scratch marks or blood to lead him the way, and then finally bloodlusts.. I think we should wait for ptb before freaking out.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

It sounds like you don't know for sure.

I guess we'll see if it's actually effective or survivors are panicking over something that isn't actually a problem.

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

deep wound has a 1 second timer and immediately goes down upon being hit and it takes 10 minutes to mend

I’m not really a Survivor main, I play mainly Legion. You can ask longtime forum members that I will defend Legion till the end of my days, and I can say that this is definitely something that will hurt Legion by having another DC epidemic against the Killer that will lead to quick and unnecessary nerfs.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,302

That's really funny. The old moonwalking Legion needed 2 perks to do so, Bloodhound and Sloppy Butcher. He needed to walk backwards and it took a lot of time.

Same coming back with a single perk and Legion can just face the survivor. Now everyone saying "nah, it takes too much time". Actually The quad hit took Legion an even longer time to down someone, and everyone was complaining that the chances for escape are too bad.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,671

Legion can already achieve downing survivors with DW bleedout by using Dark Devotion which gets applied instantly once his TR runs off with the obsession. With this new change to Beast of Prey, Legion would have to chase a Deep Wounded survivor for an unbroken 20 seconds to activate it, and then an additional 30 seconds (25 with Stab wounds study) in order to have the survivor bleed out. The moment the survivor breaks chase, or causes legion to lose the bloodlust status, the timer gets paused again. And honestly, if a legion player hasn't downed the Deep Wounded survivor before bloodlust even kicks in, then they are pretty crappy killer. Relying on Beast of Prey to down survivors with Deep Wounds is a laughably huge (50 second) waste of the killers time, and I believe you guys are just overacting to this change.

"But there's No counter play"? Throw down a pallet! The legion will either be forced to chase you around an infinite loop until they either get to BL 3 and down you, or make you bleed out from Deep wounds. The moment they break the pallet, lose chase, or go into frenzy they'll lose bloodlust and the undetectable status. Your counter play is simple, Throw down a safe pallet and loop them until you bleed out, if they were stupid enough to try and down you this way, you've just wasted 50+ seconds of the killers time while letting your team do 3 gens, and you'd waste even more of their time if the chase ever broke while you were looping them.

In comparison, the old legion only had to break chase via "moonwalking" after the survivor, and could consistently apply more damage to the DW timer with each frenzy strike which replenished every 12 seconds. This made it so that legion had 0 counter play, and if they wanted you down, you were going down. This change to Beast of Prey comes no where near that level of anti-fun, so calm down guys, only an idiot killer player would think this is a viable strategy.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,671
    edited November 2019

It actually didn't take loads of time, and they didn't need those perks to do it either, They just had to hit you with franks mix tape and stab wounds study once or twice, and then moonwalk for 10 seconds to make you bleed out. Overall old legion could down a survivor this way with 0 counter play in less than 30 seconds. With the upcoming change to Beast of Prey, they'll need to chase the survivor for, at minimum, 50 seconds without losing the chase, breaking any pallets, or going into frenzy. Old legion recharged their Frenzy power in 12 seconds, and could keep applying damage to the DW, and even down survivors with more frenzy strikes. Current Legion, and even the slightly buffed legion in the PTB can't do any of these things, and this small change to beast of prey will be no game changing advantage that comes anywhere close to bringing "Old Legion" back.

• BardBard Member Posts: 657

If you think Beast of Prey is strong, keep an eye out for Nemesis plus Furtive Chase.

If you can tag a savior within 30 seconds of them saving a guy, they just go down.

• RIP_LegionRIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

Just to clarify while everything else is accurate Legion automatically loses his bloodlust when he activates FF.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,302

You talk about one of the most OP addons here. To break the chase and follow the bloodstains is easy in Lery's but not on every map. Most killers I saw doing that used at least bloodhound. And the 0 counterplay is the issue everyone complained about. And that is the case here as well.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

The solution is to just make Deep Wound timer 60 seconds and go down regardless of terror radius.