Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.4.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

how to counterplay oni?

so he is pretty much like billy, he can rush at you with lightspeed the difference between him and billy is oni has no negatives.

with billy you need to curve, if you crash to something you get a cooldown etc.

oni can pretty much run very fast at you, he doesnt really have a curving, he can run around corners etc

so pls tell me how to counter this? i mean is this even possible if he doesnt have any negatives to juke this?

i hope i miss something, or this killer is kinda broken with the ability.

im fine with one hit downs but hell.. he just ignores corners and keep running in fullspeed?

btw: his lunge is kinda long even longer then freddys i hope that will get fixed

Comments

• Rin_is_my_waifuRin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 962

Hahaha he we go with the nerfs. He is overperforming plz nerf him now

• JesyaJesya Member Posts: 1,051

it's been 2 hours? let people figure him out.

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 558

Billy can use his chainsaw from the start, Oni needs to collect the blood first. When the timer runs out, he needs to work for it all over again unlike Billy. Just like Billy he needs to charge his ability as well meaning you will be able to loop them.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and Oni will end being broken anyway but that's something that will become clear later down the line and not 2 hours after the PTB was released.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 4,410
    edited November 2019

Keep in mind he has to stop running to vault, and that all you need to do is survive until his power runs out which is pretty quickly.

He can still be palette stunned and such, just it's going to all be a lot harder. Killer is meant to have the advantage in a chase especially when he is spending his ability on it; your goal is to stall him as long as possible by any means necessary.

Also, all that speed and power is worthless if you are able to juke and hide somewhere, if he wanders off looking for you and his ability runs out, you've dealt a major blow to him. He wasted his ability, someone probably just finished a gen, and he has nothing to show for it.

• ToastfaceKillaToastfaceKilla Member Posts: 486

They key looks to be denying him the power in the first place. Don't bleed everywhere.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,939
    edited November 2019

He can't really do curves, his has limited steering especially with the camera, and the hit isn't automatic so you can bumb into a survivor and do nothing to them.

• caz_caz_ Member Posts: 218

Thanks for this explaination and not attacking me for asking lol.

so if im bleeding can he see where i am, like legions power?

because everytime he went in the demon mode he instantly run towards my direction?

interessting, i had no time to play with him bc of the lobby time, i will look tommorow into it again.

Thanks!

• ToastfaceKillaToastfaceKilla Member Posts: 486

If you are bleeding you leave orbs that he can see and charge his power with. Its a fun dynamic that forces you to heal, therefore slowing the game down.

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 1,008

You can still loop him, he is like EW3 Myers with a better oneshot lunge. And when charges at you, get behind him by looping something. He cant turn around quickly.

• xeravxerav Member Posts: 296
    edited November 2019

He changes between a T2 Meyers with 32m TR (Weak) and super strong Billy on Steroids (but on a limited time window).

Finding / Chasing Survivor with no Ability will be hard (unless the Surv is a Potato).

He cant insta enter his Demon Mode like for example Meyers can.

Also Surv hear him enter his Stance so they can hide and wait out his ability.

Overall he might overperform vs new Survivor with no perks and not good at looping and underperform vs survivor who know how to loop and got strong perks.

Atleast this is my first impression

• SylorknagSylorknag Member Posts: 760

Just me or the killer is a basic M1 with no power whatsoever until he gets some hits?

And then... his power will just get looped to oblivion?

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,779

Until he gets a hit he has no power.

Once he gets a hit but before he gets his Blood Frenzy he can see blood trails easier.

Blood Frenzy itself gives him a dash and a charge attack, and unlike with Billy the dash maintains your agility (or at least maintains far more than Billy does, I haven't actually used him myself yet) so it can be used at loops.

So to go down the check list of power functions:

Tracking? On injured survivors via blood orbs

Stall? Indirect, forces Survivors to heal

Patrol speed boost? Dash in Blood Frenzy

Chase power? Dash can close loops and he has an instant down in Blood Frenzy

In otherwords, he has all of the aspects you could want in a power, but needs to charge it up.

His power also charges passively very slowly as a failsafe, this speed can be increased by addons.

• SylorknagSylorknag Member Posts: 760

His power also charges passively very slowly as a failsafe, this speed can be increased by addons.

Oh, didn't know that. It seems his power is also able to break pallets. Let's wait and see how he performs.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,504

He has a much, much longer cooldown than Billy... Billy can use his chainsaw at will which is neccessary, since the chainsaw is more difficult to use.... the oni has to wait to use his power. . He has to power up in which case hes a trapless trapper (with a tracking capability I guess).... so power up, timed demon mode... also after picking up a survivor.. he loses his whole power... so if he downs someone, picks them up after getting less then 10 seconds of use he loses everything... sooo I think the devs did him perfectly...nothing bad from what I've seen so far.

Yup. Just learned that he could do that. Very quickly too it seems.

He appears to be as to pallets as Myers is to Windows.

Actually when picking up a Survivor he keeps some progress towards his next Blood Frenzy.

He seems to lose about 50% of the max progress when this happens.

On further investigation he does not keep full Agility during his dash. Still much more than Billy with no penalty for hitting objects, a higher turning speed and access to strafing. Also no cooldown at the end of it so you can just stop using it to turn a tight corner.

Won't be useful at every loop but will be good for longer loops. Combine that with his extended lunge range at smaller loops for profit.

He seems to have a lot of potential given how he's implemented. It all comes down to how easy it is to initially get the power, once he gets it the first time maintaining momentum should be straightforward.

• perohperoh Member Posts: 4

From a killer main, his power powers up too fast if he gets a first hit in someone, and has a really big duration