Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.4.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Balanced landing is AWFUL.

2»

Comments

• WuhelmWuhelm Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2019

@Haku

How are you different? Your just asking to keep a broken perk to abuse it more. You made a wall of text and contributed nothing in that wall of text. The devs wanted a change because of people like you who abuse parts of the game. BL will be nerfed the devs have made that clear as it was a major problem you getting salty about it is not going to change that fact.

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 568

I can't see you arguments again. Mines are these in these walls of text that you obviously don't read. It is your problem if you can't find the contrubution in them. The devs have not made anything clear. They have never ever said anything about BL until now. The current change is more of a random stuff same as all the new perks that raised so many problems with Legion and they will be changed most likely. That is why we leave our comments here with arguments so they can make the right decision at the end. For me you sound really frustrated about who knows what but is definitely not the perk the "major problem" here. And please don't try to provoke me with the salty comments, it is childish. Instead tell us something about BL ..

• WuhelmWuhelm Member Posts: 260

I read them, they had no substance to them just bloat. I have I like the change as it is not it is balanced the way it should be. You by all means leave your comments but yours are empty and my argument is the change is great very simple. You just sound salty about the change and want to complain about it instead of offering a realistic counter to the change.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

All of this whining over having to wait 40 seconds to do extra loops again just like every other exhaustion perk. You people make it sound like you can never recover from exhaustion for the whole match.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited November 2019

The problem with this is the speed boost. You can't make a stealth perk also a perk that helps you get away in a chase. It has two conflicting ideas. You're gonna leave scratch marks if you're running, if you're walking, the killer doesn't know where you are most likely anyways, so why even jump?

No, the "whining" is the perk being useless now. You can just ignore the top floors with Lithe if all it's supposed to do is help you get to another loop. You're basically shooting yourself in the foot bringing BL the way it is with these changes because BL's only good use was to create loops out of things that weren't loops. You wasted more time walking up the stairs to use BL than you would have vaulting a window with Lithe in those maps with upstairs areas, so now that you can't create loops out of things that aren't loops with BL, it's not going to be used. Especially with the identity crisis it has with these changes.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I would not say the perk is awful; it is simply as it was when it released (albeit unintentionally, I've heard). Since we are in a time of adjusting the perk, my suggestion is as follows:

Keeping a reduction in stagger duration and removing the exhaustion part of the perk (like the previous tiers one and two) would be healthier in the longer run for the diversity of gameplay. I would much rather the developers focus on fixing the difference in how killers fall from how survivors fall than the developers make adjustments to the perk that don't even fix the issues I find with it when I face it as killer. 

The most annoying part of the perk for me is the sprint on landing, because if I'm a killer who is simply walking after a survivor to catch up, I can do practically nothing against the perk if it is used just to give the survivor distance on me. 

I've played against the perk on maps like Haddonfield and Hawkins, and I don't find the stagger reduction to be a problem in the slightest. The most aggravating things on those tiles is how survivors suddenly get movement speed boosts and how my hitbox prevents me from being dexterous and clever while in the air.

My plea, developers, is that you reconsider your decision on the perk and amend the most aggravating part of the perk rather than attempting to remedy a diversification in viable chase routes or playstyles.

I will be posting my response as a separate post simply because I do not want my reply buried underneath all of these other comments, as so often ideas are.