Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.4.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

An Alternative Fix to Balanced Landing

GoatyTCOGoatyTCO Member Posts: 63
edited November 2019 in 3.4.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

As you all know, Balanced Landing currently is an amazing perk, it is a risky perk to bring, as it can be rendered almost completely useless by the map, or it can be highly powerful if you get lucky.

This perk has been given a new change in the most recent patch that I personally think was not needed.

If the perk is truly bad for the game in the developers eyes, I have a better solution:

"While Balanced Landing is active, stagger effects from long falls are reduced by 75%, and the sounds of grunting from falling are reduced by 75%.

These effects can only be triggered once every 25/20/15 seconds"

Let me know your thoughts!

(Before you complain, I think that keeping the reduced sounds would not be OP, as most killers paying close attention would hear it, so long as they're paying attention)

EDIT: Grammatical Errors

Comments

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 954
    edited November 2019

Yeah, I think going away from it beeing an exhaustion perk might be the better route to take.. Balancing Landing would be better as a cooldown perk. I'm just not 100% sure with the timer beeing 25/20/15 seconds. Might be a little bit short at Tier III. I think 30/25/20 like quick and quiet would be fairer for the killer, But we would have to playtest it to find the sweet spot between beeing useful and broken.

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,052

If the sprint is being removed from the perk it might as well just be 100% for both, no reason to restrict either to 75%.

• HVMBL3HVMBL3 Member Posts: 18

Um no here's why it got nerfed:

Balanced Landing was nerfed bc it could turn buildings into infinites (Coal Tower, Ironworks of Misery, Harvester on Coldwind maps, The Game, etc.) and the change to the perk was appropriate to an extent.

And I think to keep an exhaustion perk is better bc it makes it fair for BOTH sides.

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 568

These are not infinites not to mention they are not even decent maps for BL with Coldwind being the worst. Copy paste is noot a good thing my friend. I think Freudentrauma above have explained it really well where the real problems are and on which maps exactly - Haddonfield obv that everyone knows about and some location like the ship

That is also an interesting suggestion that may work for BL being on different cd from exhausting perks. The ultimate change I would want is perma some % of stagger reduction and nothing else / may have sound reduction on cd/

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

No BL was how he was supposed to be. He is now on part with other exhaustion perk and not a stupid strong perk that create infinite by itself.

• GoatyTCOGoatyTCO Member Posts: 63

I know I'm extremely late to reply here, but I only posted those timers as an example. Changing it to be a much longer timer, like 60/50/40, would be a much better idea, but as @Freudentrauma said, "We would have to playtest it to find the sweet spot between being useful and broken."

• Shirtless_MyersShirtless_Myers Member Posts: 108

I'm a bit confused how that would be a better idea exactly as Balanced Landing is already giving these effects at the same amount of time as you listed (60/50/40) and with the added sprint burst effect. Sure, it would no longer be tied to that of an exhaustion timer, but you'd only get a single use still out of it per chase. A more fair comparison seems to be the Quick and Quiet timer for your suggestion.