The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The Oni is not op and heres why(a message to entitled survivor mains)

1. When Onichan is charging, he is like hillbilly, you can dodge him
  2. His demon smash can be hard to hit against 360ing survivors
  3. Has no map pressure without demon mode
  4. Hard to play as against good survivors(running to loops where you cannot demon smash them)
  5. Footsteps are loud and DIRECTIONAL, this kills mindgame potential of this killer.

Comments

• UncannyLuckUncannyLuck Member Posts: 210

When you say 360, you're talking about the Oni 360-ing to hit you out of charge right?

• krowzarkrowzar Member Posts: 66

Either way, he can still be looped even with his demon strike charged

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414

Listen, man. I agree with you that Oni shouldn't be nerfed out of the gate like Freddy or plague. But using inflammatory remarks just sews more negativity and promotes the killer-survivor divide. We can all disagree with eachother while keeping things friendly and civil.

• JimsalabimJimsalabim Member Posts: 641

he can not make sharp 180degree turns and proceed with his demon charge. so that makes running to a loopable wall that is horizontally placed to where he is coming from a good counterplay

• krowzarkrowzar Member Posts: 66

Sadly whenever a recent killer is actually viable, all the survivors go crying and screaming for nerfs. Just goes to show you how crappy this community is.

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 912

I would encourage you to watch Ohtofu's video on why Oni should be taken down a peg. He's most certainly not an "Entitled Survivor Main," oh declarer of all that is wrong with the community <3

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,192

I don't mean to be rude but starting your post with implying everyone that thinks Oni could use some tweaks is an "entitled survivor main" sure isn't a good way to actually have a thought provoking discussion. As for your points as to why he doesn't need tweaks, 360ing from my experience does not work on the Oni from the killers perspective and the survivors perspective. He also turns better than billy. Sure he doesn't have much map pressure but he can snowball a TON which makes up for that easily. You can also most definitely use his power at loops. He just needs some minor tweaks in my opinion nothing extremely big but he is certainly very strong right now.