The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Here's our Daily Reminder that playing Nurse still feels miserable.

Comments

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 2,443

I like to know the error if you could point it out. The speed and timings are half from the Devs and half from the wiki (blink window speeds). I do personally suspect some issues with the dedicated servers tbh.

Perhaps the survivor wasn't 32 meters away or they started running when the Nurse already had a fully charged blink. I haven't seen the test to know.

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 754

I'd like to find the error too, because this math looks good, but its in contrast to actual speed comparison. Even if it was 25m or 40m, the difference between 2 and 7 double blinks is way too big.

He basically started on blood lodge, edge of the map and proceeded to double blink over the long course of the map, while the survivor ran way with around terrorradius headstart and he catched him after 2 double blinks at almost the other end of the map.

edited December 2

20 meters does make a difference. With 20 meters being the headstart it would take about 3 double blinks and a single.

0 / 20 / 0

13.5 / 74 / 58.14

27 / 128 / 116.3

40.5 / 182 / 174.4

edited December 2

Y sure, but thats cutting of 1/3 of it. I'll try to find the video

Here it is:

Looks very much like Whispers lighting up range. Small execution errors aside, i think that shows the primary point, that running in a straight line does not counter nurse, to come back to topic.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 652

she feels awful to play and this is coming from someone who was decent at her post changes and has played her after her changes at least once a day. In her current condition she is unplayable to the AVERAGE nurse player which is just ridiculous. No killer should have to be played perfectly just to do DECENT in a game. She is just to punishing to play which will only make her more rarely seen in any rank and undesirable to main or use to newer players or even the older players.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

You miss a key point in the video where it says "however if a survivor does know this it is not possible".

This means, if the survivor runs away earlier which translates to having a bigger headstart. Which will result in getting just that bit of extra distance to miss the second hit. Knowing shes gonna blink doesnt magically make you immune to her. Its all distance related

@Weederick

Looks like the survivor doesn't start moving until the Nurse fully charges the blink and started to move forward some. Possibly even during the blink. I would have to slow it down some to know for sure (and be on a PC instead of a phone).

This could show the disparity between the numbers and the video.

Oof, I didn't notice there was more than one run in that vid. 🤯

The last run is what I would expect to see.

In the last run, you cant even see the survivor, so he is pretty far away. Still 3 double blinks would be enough to catch him and the map already ended.

To draw conclusions:

• 3 doubleblinks will catch any survivor in your sight regarding map boundaries
    • 2 doubleblinks for anyone inside your terrorradius

Her map presence took a hit, i think thats what affect most players, since Freddy/Billy have high winrates, so mobility seems to have a big impact. Her map presense is still better than 115% kiler though, since she takes the direct way. Slugging is always good in highranks though. Easiest way to win is tunnel 1, slug the other 3. Survivors cant keep up with slugging in a 1vs3. Nurse is a fantastic slugger, that should be part of your plan.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 253

Good teams don’t get beaten by slugging. It works best against inferior players.

• OswinOsgoodOswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

I like her add on changes but on console the stun plus waiting for the blinks to charge is too much time wasted its literally insanely hard to have any fun with her unless the survivors are realllly bad and i mean REALLY bad :/

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 160

Same on PC, imagine if you blink 10 times one game, and you usually blink more than that, that's 1 min of staring at the ground etc...

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Technically My "One stop shop for Legion Rework Ideas" thread in Feedback is me yelling at them to fix Legion.

Well thought out and informative reply. Also *cries in Legion main*

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,885

She's more skill sensitive now because missing a blink has a longer punishment.

If you hit your first set of chain blinks then the cooldown won't come into play as much, thus the bad Nurses care more about this than the good ones.

In terms of Gap Closing she's still much faster than most Killers (she's about as fast as Legion's 3.4.0 Frenzy speed taking into account time spent charging, in fatigue, in cooldown ect) but her Patrol speeds are even faster than what her raw speed abilities would imply since she also can move through objects.

Someone with insane Patrol speeds taking a hit to their Patrol speeds doesn't automatically mean they are slow now. She's still faster than almost every other Killer in the game and she still can end chases quickly.

oh yeah, Legion still doesn't keep up with 3 stacks of PWFY on like a Trapper btw. Power is even more useless and doesn't justify the stun and the rest of it.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,885

Actually he does now. PWYF Trapper is 5.2 M/S and so is Legion Frenzy.

• BeanieBoyBobBeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 260

Reading threads like these make me scared for Billy boy too. It's only a matter of time before his 1-Hit down potential and map coverage are taken away to some degree. Sad days. 😥

• monkamonka Member Posts: 31

The base kit should go back

Database tuning, frustration ...

There is no fun there.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 569

Agree, You cannot adapt to something that is fixed.

Like legion, once you activate your power, there is nothing you can do to prevent survivors from getting away no matter how skillful you are

Or like 115% killer can only travels so far in given time. You cannot increase your travel distance just by getting good

• KuromiStarwindKuromiStarwind Member Posts: 154
    edited December 3

So. Red ranks. Low pickrate. Low killrate. Unfun. All the hallmarks of a killer that is underperforming and certainly one that has been overly nerfed.

BHVR: We're not going to do anything about the Nurse.

Yeah. Who cares about the countless people that have given great feedback, arguments and tried to explain things. Heck, even the stats you guys love so much point to all of these things. Let me guess: there's 40 other variables at play for why the Nurse is where she is currently. After all, statistics only matter when you want them to matter.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 752

Agree, nurse is boring as [BAD WORD] atm. Well guess devs just have some real hate on some killers like nurse and legion.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 752

Atleast ppl can feel now how all old Legion mains feel the entire time xD

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,049

Tried her on PS4 last night for the first time since the rework.

I think she needs a complete redesign for console to be honest. It just seems impossible to do things quick enough to be a viable threat. Factor in frame rate, slow turning sensitivity etc and it just all feels off.

Even the survivors didn't bother t-bagging at the exit gate. My incompetence was boring for them too I think...

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 867

It's down to dedicated servers which makes all killers as well as survivor feel utter trash to play 90% of the time.

Overall she's proven to be strong, like before, but not quite so abusable. All the devs need to address is the servers.