The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Here's our Daily Reminder that playing Nurse still feels miserable.

Comments

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 261

Survivor stopped complaining. The goal has been achieved and she is now categorized as "fun"

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 1,679

I tried Nurse for the first time since Spirit came out. I detest her now. It's not fun survivors who juke the first hit can literally run in a straight line and can't be caught.

• OswinOsgoodOswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

Yeah i know its the same on pc time wise, like the stun and staring at the ground then waiting for charges. But i think if your realllly good with nurse you could probably still get away with winning yanno?

On console you literally cant win unless they all run at you if you loose someone for a second in most maps because of the bad frames and unable to see scratches very well especiallllly in grass. They just dont exist in grass. You will loose them every single time. Plus the fact you cant look around as well as you can on pc. Its much harder to blink up and down between floors for some reason i have no idea why. (Ive played both for some reason sometimes blinking up on console just flat out does nothing)

On pc i feel like she can still be useable at least. Especially maybe rank 20 to rank 10 at least. On console you cant at all. With all the issues console has at the moment with how every action causes lag spikes and 1 frame a second etc. Its just impossible to play her. The auto aim also feels much stronger pulled me to a survivor off my screen when i aimed to the side to the person unhooking and it swung right and hit the hooked guy. Who wasnt even on my screen with how hard i tried to force a swing to the left. Hits dont connect despite going right through the survivor. Auto aimed to trees ans walls when trying to swing around them. This part is in general for all killers though. And i know it happens on pc too but from my games ive noticed it much more on console.

Console needs to have similar stuff as pc sensitivity, quality options wise, so we can actually see scratch marks, stable frames etc survivor side is just the same as pc survivors but killers on console is just not fun at all with extra disadvantages than what pc has. Making nurse useless. Yet i could probably play her pc for a good few ranks and be completely fine.

• ToxicboiiToxicboii Member Posts: 304

Ladies, we get it, "Nurse is so unfun" but you make it sound like she's the ONLY KILLER IN THE GAME WORTH PLAYING! Come on, there are MULTIPLE other killers that can do the job effectively as well!

I know for a FACT that playing the SAME killer, over and over gets unfun progressively. I swap killers from time-to-time for a new experience everytime, and I actually have quite a bit of fun from the change.

And even then, the nurse change doesn't sound that bad, all they did is delay her power by 6 seconds. Honestly, I felt the nerf was gonna come at some point, and here it is. It didn't change her that much, all it did was remove her own tier, and put her... Idk, A at best.

If you're gonna say that nurse is so unfun, maybe it's time to try a different killer, instead of standing next to your main 100% of the time.

• LordRegalLordRegal Member Posts: 288

Counterpoint: I’ve been saying how unfun Nurse is now as a former nurse main, while playing other killers. Some dropped the game, and I legitimately don’t blame them. I dropped LoL a few years ago after several of my mains got reworked for the worse in quick succession, and that had far more options than DbD. If they only really had fun with Nurse, they’re under no obligation to keep playing.

Besides, even if every single Nurse main was still playing but not playing Nurse anymore, that doesn’t invalidate saying she’s not fun anymore and asking for the rework to get looked at again. Playing other killers than her does not magically make her fine. I’ve played mostly Wraith in the last week, having way more fun than the last couple games I played as Nurse. Doesn’t mean I don’t wish she was fun to play again.

Also “just delaying her power by 6 seconds” doesn’t sound bad on paper, but when you’re in game it’s torturous and feels extremely bad. Can she still 4k? Yep. But damn if it isn’t less fun than playing Leatherface for a daily.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

At this point I feel like this post is me yelling at them to fix Nurse so I’m with ya there dude

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 160

Yeah I'm talking about the fun aspect of playing her being gone, I can still 4k with her without add ons but she's not fun to play so I play survivor or other killers instead which sucks since I mained her...

edited December 3
  • Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 2,443

@Endstille Good to know the test methodology. 🤗

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 1,549

I saw a survivor using Balanced Landing against a Nurse without range and cooldown add-ons. That literally needed around 30 seconds to catch up and to get a hit, a single hit. So yeah, exhaustion perks are very strong against her now.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 569

It's a good explanation, but i think they won't read it lol

But tag them nevertheless

They don't care. @Peanits was already on here and gave the same equivocating BS that every game company gives. It's clear to anyone with a head that Nurse should be on their list of changes to make very soon and they're just ignoring her outright. We were flat out ignored on the PTB and it took the stats that show the Nurse was weak to come out to finally get them to focus on this.

Only for our good ol buddy Peanits to say "stats arent everything" (while working for the company that nerfed Spirit BECAUSE of stats). And then move on. The devs got their goal accomplished, The pink haired Nea bully squads can add Nurse to their list of victims now. Survivors are happy, BHVR is happy. The only group not happy is Nurse mains, but [BAD WORD] us right @Peanits ?

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 494

Now imagine how survivors felt for years. Enjoy.

Imagine thinking people deserve to have their fun ruined over a game they paid for bc they liked a killer you didn't like.

Yeah, that's how I feel about everything I paid for as well like MoM. Sucks, doesn't it? Also nurse was a free killer, nice try though.

• ElementDoomElementDoom Member Posts: 43

You're the type of survivor other survivors tell me don't exist.

the game was not free lol. At least not for those of us that can't rely on daddy's credit card.

And yeah MoM sucks but thats bc of protection hits being garbage not the perk itself being bad lol. You are the type of survivor that gives other survivors a bad name.

I could care less what you or any other survivor main thinks of me. You abused nurse for years and come here daily to bitch and whine about NECESSARY changes. Get over it.

@Usui please explain how the base kit nurse abused everyone (without lashing out if possible)

The addon changes were necessary. Everyone, including everyone on this thread, agrees with that.

But the basekit nerfs were a bridge too far. And if you pulled ur hands away from ur ears and stopped yelling "lalalalalalala" you would understand that. But no, sit there and act like balance needs to be some kind of penance process, I'm sure that will get this game travelling MILES forward

I had no idea you were the ambassador for nurse mains, sorry. SO SORRY.

Apology accepted, you would've noticed the same thing if you read this thread, anyhow, how was the base kit abusive?

At this point I feel like I am. I don't want to be the Aria Rose of Nurse but srsly if people are gonna act like there is some kind of jail time Nurse needs to serve bc BHVR didn't balance her addons correctly, I'm gonna laugh at you.

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 266

So where's the SWF nerf, cause clearly they are the same situation as Nurse, as they can break the fundamentals of the game.

Nurse=SWF, yet Devs didn't bother attempting to fix that.

And don't say that "Why should we nerf something, just because we play with friends" or "not every SWF is sweaty and optimal" because we can say the same thing about Nurse (not every nurse is good and she was fun to play, and she required skill)

The funny thing is that SWF requires less amount of skill and time needed to learn in order to be effective compared to Nurse.

So why hasn't the equivalent of Nurse, which is SWF, been nerfed?

This. I constantly hear the "not every SWF is a 4 man bully squad" and "people just wanna play with their friends" but when you apply the same logic to Nurse (not every Nurse is good. Some people just like her playstyle) all you get hit with is "WAH OP".

I don't even want SWF nerfed. I just want Nurse fixed too.

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 266

It's fine to not want SWF nerfed. BUT in this situation, since the Nurse got nerfed, you must nerf the equivalent to balance it out. Unless they decide to revert all the Base kit changes.