The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Who the most overated killer?

For me it´s probably Ghostface, he basically a m1 killer with no terror radius.

Comments

• Creepingcam1070Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 253

Billy, yes hes good but god they say hes the most balanced killer and thats not true... that goes to Freddy.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,137

Myers. Dudes just an M1 killer, but because of his power everyone wants too make him top 5.

• Scal3rScal3r Member Posts: 154

Hag, everyone just pops her traps when she is carrying someone

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 528

Definately M1face. This joke of a killer is only praised because of Tru3talent, running a generic stall that any killer can benefit from.

• Toxic_PlagToxic_Plag Member Posts: 42

Definitely Spirirt, she’s annoying

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 12,174

I don’t think Ghostface is top five like others do but he can still be good.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,649
    edited November 22

Ghostface and Billy. I don’t see how Ghostface is anywhere remotely in the Top 5.

Billy is a top tier killer but he is on the lower end. I still believe Hag is better. Billy can get looped easily. Something Nurse, Spirit, and Hag are great at dealing with.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 1,513

Huntress. Bad map design and Dedicated Servers make her a living meme. People keep putting her in top 5 for some reason, but I doubt that she is even in top 10 anymore. It's very frustrating to play her most of the time.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 3,232

People put her up so high because of the potential. She has a really high skill ceiling, which makes it so it rarely feels like your being held back by the character, but rather by your own ability to land shots.

• MegHasCuteFeetMegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 41

Spirit,

she got nerfed because some people don't know how to play against her and simply REFUSE to learn ^^

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 688

Freddy.

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 436

Billy

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,192

Post nerf, I'd say Nurse. Her map pressure took a huge hit as did her ability to patrol short areas. Yes, if you're a god Nurse, you'll do well. That goes for any killer in B or A tier. I say she's overrated based on observed pick rates. I sincerely doubt people are just choosing not to use the best killer in the game. From my own personal experience, they just made her too hard against good red rank survivors, and that's reflected in the fact that many people are wondering where all the Nurses have gone.

• THEghostfaceTHEghostface Member Posts: 263
    edited November 22

Tru3talent only got praise for that ridiculous anti-heal build that definitely isn't original on a killer. Usually it's the power a killer has that makes them strong in the eyes of people. In this case, every killer is an m1 killer, but each have their own skills that are either difficult or not. Every stealth killer is basically an m1, but their lack of terror radius is the biggest part that differentiates them from 32m TR killers. Ghost Face I would say is probably one of the higher tier stealth killers if not the highest for how efficient his gameplay is stealth-wise compared to the likes of Pig or Wraith. No terror radius with 4.6m/s and instadown potential is pretty good for an m1 imo. Streamers shouldn't get praise for gameplay choices while the killers themselves were doing fine without them.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,137

You miss the point, the point is his power doesn't change anything, he's still an M1 killer at the end of the day even with his power. Most other killers have an ability that isn't just M1, like Freddy and Billy.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 1,499

For a good majority of the players who follow Tru3 I would agree. The few who can lean stalk and stealth stalk can instadown you faster then you know what's happening. Than again I see why some people are starting to refer to him as TruelyTalentless anymore. I just thought it was my own personal joke.

100% Agree and it seems others are starting to tell as well since he seems to be getting lower and lower on people's tier list.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,794

Ghostface and Myers.

A lot of people think Ghostface is godly because of the anti-heal build when that’s something any Killer can do.

For Myers, everyone just goes “OMG INSTADOWNS!!!!!!!!!” and thinks he’s godly but that’s all he has. If you can loop him for long enough, then he doesn’t get to use it. His instakill and perma tier 3 add-ons take a while to use and require a specific play style to work. They also aren’t super strong against Survivors who gen rush and constantly break LOS so they aren’t feeding Myers.

He's not that difficult to deal and I found him very annoying to play

Yes., She's not that good. I mean, she has some qualities but very map dependent. Have you tried Huntress in Hawkins? It's a nightmare.

• Demogorgon84Demogorgon84 Member Posts: 23

how can HAG deal with looping? Not only does she have reduced speed, Her power is basically useless against loops unless you trap every loop, and even then it might not even be that useful.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,649

Why do an “anti-heal” build on Ghostface when you can do one on Spirit or Nurse who have better map pressure and chase potential? Ghostface is so overrated as killer. I really don’t see the hype. Sure he’s probably the best “stealth killer” (although I believe Myers is just as good) but other killers are just better. Plus he is the only killer whose power can he taken away from them.

I think Billy is top tier but he’s at the bottom of top tier. Nurse, Spirit, and Hag are much better IMO. He could even get pushed out of top tier if Oni stays the same because in his current state, Oni is definitely better than Billy.

Billy can get looped easily and if he gets an indoor map then good luck. Still don’t see why people want him nerfed. Just find a strong structure and proceed to waste his time. This is exactly why is isn’t as strong as Nurse, Spirit, or Hag. They won’t be getting looped for a long period of time like Billy.

All that map pressure means nothing if the survivors make his chainsaw worthless and turn him into M1Billy.

• youarewronglolyouarewronglol Member Posts: 96

by placing traps, don't tell me you are just chasing people with hag like any other killer esp on really good loops

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

How do you deal with loops as Hag? I don't play her much so... because wouldn't setting a trap just push them to the next loop? Or do you do a fake out like with trapper?

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 258

Hag. For sure. Majority of Hags that I face just use their traps to camp people on hooks. They don't use them for any actual map pressure.