Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Devs can you guys make a little crawlspace/doggie door for survivors at the exit gates.

akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I get slugged alot endgame and think it would be a funny/silly mechanic.

Comments

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

More silly than funny tho.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,787

I mean i dont personally see a problem with it gives downed people a chance to survive only allow it if the hatch is closed aka the EGC. This touches on the whole thing on another forum about slugging the 3rd survivor for a 4k. This woud punish killers for downing a survivor to close to the exit gates (including me because i will also slug people for the 4k but i realize the amount of disadvantages comes with being downed) your more then likely not gonna find the hatch because the killers moving at full speed while your crawling. You could run unbreakable or adrenaline (like i said before in that forum) but apparently to survivors its still a problem.

• akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited November 2019

I think I get the gist of what you're implying. Maybe have it unlock after like 2-3 gens maybe or after 2 deaths like one less requirement for a hatch spawn? I just get bored, killer usually gets hatch and the other survivor quick and I find slugging as boring as hook camping. If the doggie door exists, killers would have a liability for slugging and would need to hook survivors for their 4k. This wouldn't be unbalanced, a killer would literally have to slug and ignore a survivor long enough to drag to the edge of the map and it would give slugged survivors something to do besides waiting and dying.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,873

Killers would slug for the 3k less if they weren't punished so harshly for not doing so.

The amount of times I've 3k'd and depiped or god forbid, sometimes I've 4k'd and still depip, is insane at high ranks.

A majority of killers would not slug for the 4k if they weren't so incentivized to do so and weren't punished so harshly for not doing it.

I agree, the Devs need to fix the emblem system for killers, but pipping is kinda problematic for killers? I don't play killer for ranking it seems like an arbitrary grind and it's not bp efficient (long lobby times) and it's more stressful. I'm at rank 7 and survivors consistently can't do a gen so... I'd also just accept a quick death option (like sub 40% dying progression?) just so I wouldn't be bored on the bleedout or if there was something to interact with while in dying state. I wouldn't complain if it wasn't a consistent thing and I'm not gonna carry Unbreakable or Adrenaline just because the devs won't develop more concepts of "survival" into the game and gate stacked crutch perks.

• MightyDwightMightyDwight Member Posts: 156

No, Survivors don't need yet another way to escape. If you got slugged, it means the Killer outplayed you and is now using you to catch someone else.

Just because you don't like a tactic does not mean it has to be altered/removed/punished.

any kind of "tactic" that causes me to be left alone with nothing to do and no interaction between me or the killer or anything else in the game needs to be fixed. If nothing else than to provide some measure of interaction in the game. Like I said, I'd be fine with just a quick death the dying doesn't matter it's literally the long ass death timer from getting slugged and nothing to do. I wouldn't have an issue with it if I didn't see it entirely too frequently in games.

If you are getting slugged consistently; bring a perk that lets you get up on your own.

If people could kill themselves on the ground, there'd be no difference between slugging and hooking, and Killers would be the ones to suffer.

I know many Survivors would say it's fine to deny that 4K because 'Killers be greedy' but from a balance standpoint, it's completely unfair to skew the game so the Killer has basically 0 chance of going for a full kill because the 2 methods (Slug & Hook) are now both cut short by Survivors who give up.

• FluorescentLemonFluorescentLemon Member Posts: 240

Are keys, hatches, Unbreakable and Adrenaline really not enough already?

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,787
    edited November 2019

I said unbreakable and adrenaline in the other forum "slugging for a 4k is unhealthy" of course the response is "unbreakable only works once" and "Adrenaline only works if the killer shuts the hatch".

edited November 2019

none of those would solve this particular issue. I would like some method of escape or some form of dying interaction that does not require a specific overpowered perk or item that killers complain about. If a killer complains about a dying survivor escaping him....

Literally a survivor can't put themselves into the dying state, that's a killer interaction. I'm not asking for a free escape, crawling to the exit gates is incredibly time consuming, noisy, and blood trail everywhere, in a wide open area and the killer has to willingly ignore me for that duration and circumstance and not hook me. Are dying survivors OP, is that what you're implying? That somehow we're causing killers to depip?https://66.media.tumblr.com/718fffe63912c4c8f0a5e7e6cb799955/tumblr_onyermvsCu1ujuk5ho1_400.gifv

• StrodeWinsStrodeWins Member Posts: 274

i like this idea. i feel like so much time is wasted with slugging and honestly, please hook me. I would rather play another game instead of being on the floor.

• StrodeWinsStrodeWins Member Posts: 274
    edited November 2019

keys are limited and situational, breakable is weak and very situational, hatch is out of the question since killers slug the 3rd man to get a 4k, and adrenaline doesn’t dictate what will happen in endgame.

• FluorescentLemonFluorescentLemon Member Posts: 240

"I'm not asking for a free escape"

*Thread topic is literally asking for a free escape*

What did he mean by this?

I'm not saying it right, or well, but the reason MOST Killers slug (some do it to be jerks) is to buy time to find the hatch/find the person camping the hatch/fore the 4th player to help his friend.

If players could suicide on the ground: Killer downs. Killer goes to find 4th. 3rd kills himself. 4th hatch escapes.

How is that fair for the Killer? Like, at all?

If there was a doggy-door for downed Survivors: Killer downs 3rd. Killer goes to find 4th. 3rd gets free escape. 4th gets the hatch.

Or: Killer downs 3rd. Now has to hook him because of magic doggy door. 3rd kills himself on the hook because 4th is doing 'I got the hatch' dance. Or kills himself because he sees the 4th is NEVER coming to save him. 4th now gets the hatch.

I get it. 'But being slugged is no fun!'. The thing is that being slugged is NO DIFFERENT FROM BEING HOOKED. You're unable to do much but look around & wait to be picked up.

...Except, unlike being hooked, you can crawl around, and fill your pick-up bar..and there's about as many perks to self-getup as there are to self-unhook.

So why do people hate being Slugged over being hooked?

1) The time it takes to die is longer.

This is WHY Killers slug; it's more time to find that 4th. To say 'They don't deserve that 4th' or 'I should get to decide if they get 4 kills by deciding if I don't die' is kind of entitled.

2) They can't self-kill.

I consider this kind of selfish; people want to self-kill mostly to give the 4th Survivor the hatch. Seriously. If you claim you're fine struggling for 60 seconds if you want to spite Survivor #4 out of the hatch, why are you NOT fine with crawling around to spite them? Plus, Slugging is less hard on your keyboard/controller.

3) They want to 'get into the next game faster'.

This is really weak. If you can't cope with waiting 3-5 minutes, or think the Killer should just lose out on HIS points because you don't want to wait; you're either being really impatient or entitled.

This of it this way; do any of you play Overwatch? (I mean, stop; Blizzard is garbage and hypocritical, but that aside); don't you HATE it when there's 60 seconds left in a match and half your team leaves so you get steamrolled and you think 'Well, we MIGHT have turned it around if people stayed!'? Guess what those leavers are thinking. 'We lost already, and I want to get into my next game faster'.

So why is it okay to bail in DBD, and cheat the Killer out of his BP and 4 kills, but NOT okay over THERE?

Simple; entitlement. 'I'm the slugged Survivor, and I'm not happy with this. Screw the other players; let me bail' or 'That Killer does not DESERVE his 4K for <insert self-rationalizing reason here> so I want to bail & give #4 (or my SWF buddy) the hatch'.

And the other reason I say 'entitlement'? Watch 90% of DBD players; they complain and moan when THEY are slugged, but then get pissed if SOMEONE ELSE decides to DC because they are slugged, or get angry if they need to wait out the slug for the hatch to open.

It's simply just point of view, and very little about wanting to 'punish' slugging, or add new mechanics to 'curb slugging' are at all about balance. They're just about 'I don't like it'.

Despite my dummy THICCness I can still sneak past the guards.

*sad MSG noises*

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... And my arm... even my fingers... The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!"

• xyzdxxyzdx Member Posts: 66

they should just make it to where if it's endgame collapse in your the last survivor and you're on the ground you should be able to get up on your own