Ideas on how to make Spirit more interactive for the game by a Spirit main
Spirit has been my favorite killer since her release last year and in that time I've racked up hundreds of hours worth of experience just by playing Spirit. Despite Spirit being considered by many as being extremely fun to play as, her lack of feedback to the survivors often makes her an extremely unfun killer to go up against which can often be made worse with addons or specific perks. With all of this out of the way, I've recently came up with some ideas that would ideally allow Spirit to provide more feedback to the survivors with the goal of making her more fun to play against while also providing other changes to allow her to maintain the same level of strength she currently has.
Here are my current ideas for The Spirit's power and a few of her addons ;
- Yamaoka's Haunting allows the Spirit to become intermittent. While she's invisible neither the survivor or killer can see each other, but whenever she reappears both the survivor and killer can see each other. At a base she first reappears at 2 seconds and every 1.2 seconds after that, the duration of each reappearance is 0.5 seconds. (similar to how the old Freddy dream transition worked)
- During Yamaoka's Haunting you have no collision with survivors (already exists in the PTB), you can move grass and sounds created by survivors and the environment are reduced. (edited)
- Spirit produces a visible animation when charging her power.
- In return for the changes above, the base duration of the power is increased by 1 second (6 seconds total), the cooldown of the power is reduced by 3 seconds (12 seconds total) and the return of the current post-phase boost.
With these ideas in mind, here are the addon changes I would like to propose.
- Dried Cherry Blossom grants the ability to force a passive phase at the cost of 33% of your power charge whenever you press the secondary ability button. The current effects of Dried Cherry Blossom which increases the frequency and duration of passive phasing is also kept.
- Juniper Bonsai loses the increased frequency of passive phasing but like Dried Cherry Blossom it grants the ability to force a passive phase at the cost of 33% of your power charge whenever you press the secondary ability button.
- Father's Glasses increases the duration of the reappearance windows by 0.4 seconds (0.9 seconds total).
- Wakizashi Saya moderately decreases the frequency of the reappearances so they occur every 1.7 seconds instead of every 1.2 seconds. Wakizashi Saya additionally decreases the reappearance time by -0.2 seconds.
- Katana Tsuba decreases the reappearance time by -0.2 seconds.
Like I mentioned above, my goal with this post is to propose ideas to help make Spirit more fun to play against without posting a straight up nerf as the way I view the problem with Spirit is not her current level of strength but instead the lack of feedback she provides. Feel free to leave your thoughts or even additional ideas below.