Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

the point of no return

a question for the killers.  when was the point of no return for you?  been playing and today i received one teabag too many at the gate after allowing all to be unhooked.  literally...all of them hooked twice and all escaped.  i have had 3 man lobbies since then and i usually boost in such cases but i became a terrorist and got rid of everyone as quickly and efficiently as i could.  yes, i was mad.  in the past 6 games, only 2 survivors have escaped.  no camping or tunneling but i no longer cut people slack anymore.  screw these people.

Comments

• samirk98samirk98 Member Posts: 167
    Orion said:

It's not like there was a point where I'd had enough. I simply realized, early on, that Survivors were entitled whiners and would never be satisfied with anything. I've also always played for kills/escapes, with few (lore-related) exceptions.

Maybe next time use “some survivors” or even “most survivors” 
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@samirk98 said:
    Maybe next time use “some survivors” or even “most survivors” 

I've edited my comment to be more precise.

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited July 2018

It just depends on my day and mood. Sometimes I don't feel like letting anyone survive, sometimes I just let people to live for no reasons.
    The constant being : Toxic Teabag + Flashlight or OoO = Hard camp.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I usually go pretty hard on survivors, but I'll farm if they are down or initiate it.

Today, I found someone fairly quickly with Wraith. hit them, and they tried to run inside the asylum on the nurse's map. As I was chasing them, the obsession of course... body blocked and I couldn't get to the injured person.

So what did I do?

I ended up downing the tryhard body blocking trash maybe 30 seconds later, and then hooked them. I camped the area hard as there was a gen very close and a flashlight person around. There was constantly 2 people around the hook. So I camped it. They didn't have borrowed time, so I ended up tunnelling the trash and killing them quickly.

1 got out through the hatch. But that's how I roll. All I need is a reason, and I'll camp. I usually get several reasons to camp.

Dude messaged me, mad of course, and if I had left, knowing they were there they'd just unhook? What was the point.

Hook rushing maggots.

I usually go pretty hard on survivors, but I'll farm if they are down or initiate it.

Today, I found someone fairly quickly with Wraith. hit them, and they tried to run inside the asylum on the nurse's map. As I was chasing them, the obsession of course... body blocked and I couldn't get to the injured person.

So what did I do?

I ended up downing the tryhard body blocking trash maybe 30 seconds later, and then hooked them. I camped the area hard as there was a gen very close and a flashlight person around. There was constantly 2 people around the hook. So I camped it. They didn't have borrowed time, so I ended up tunnelling the trash and killing them quickly.

1 got out through the hatch. But that's how I roll. All I need is a reason, and I'll camp. I usually get several reasons to camp.

Dude messaged me, mad of course, and if I had left, knowing they were there they'd just unhook? What was the point.

Hook rushing maggots.

My respect at least you camped BECAUSE YOU HAD A REASON 
    i wish devs could ban people who camps at the start of the ######### game like for nothing no t bag no flashlight no bm but when got caught getting hard camped literally stupid to the fullnest i don’t even know how to explain..

@samirk98 said:
    i wish devs could ban people who camps at the start of the [BAD WORD] game like for nothing no t bag no flashlight no bm but when got caught getting hard camped literally stupid to the fullnest i don’t even know how to explain..

Taking out one Survivor before even a single generator can be repaired means it's 3 Survivor for 5 generators. There, reason.

The devs aren't going to ban people for the way they play, if they're not exploiting anything. Sometimes you escape, sometimes you don't. You are not entitled to a free unhook just because you were caught early on.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@samirk98 said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

So what did I do?

Hook rushing maggots.

i wish devs could ban people who camps at the start of the [BAD WORD] game like for nothing no t bag no flashlight no bm but when got caught getting hard camped literally stupid to the fullnest i don’t even know how to explain..

Yeah. I mean I had to camp in that situation. There was no other way. One dude is clicking his flashlight randomly, not a lot, but some... and the other dude kept going to the gen and back to the hook. If I left, they unhook and that gen gets done...

It's silly. They get mad over stupid stuff. I wouldn't even of went after that fool if they hadn't obviously body blocked for their buddy.

• EpicFailTryHardEpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    samirk98 said:

So what did I do?

Hook rushing maggots.

same.  i need a good deal of incentive to camp.

@samirk98 said:
    Dwight_Confusion said:

So what did I do?

Hook rushing maggots.

Yeah. I mean I had to camp in that situation. There was no other way. One dude is clicking his flashlight randomly, not a lot, but some... and the other dude kept going to the gen and back to the hook. If I left, they unhook and that gen gets done...

It's silly. They get mad over stupid stuff. I wouldn't even of went after that fool if they hadn't obviously body blocked for their buddy.

As survivor main with 3k hrs i never realize why t bag is considered toxic... i just started playing killer (Before patch) and everything just started to trigger me stressfull games fear of getting gen rush i can understand why you camped mate i camped withmyself too that’s ok you did right
    always the single digit players that are the most toxic.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@samirk98 said:

Taking out one Survivor before even a single generator can be repaired means it's 3 Survivor for 5 generators. There, reason.

The devs aren't going to ban people for the way they play, if they're not exploiting anything. Sometimes you escape, sometimes you don't. You are not entitled to a free unhook just because you were caught early on.

It actually drops to 4 to get the hatch open at that point and if the person is camping hopefully the others realize it. But even at high ranks the 5 and-1 range you get people taking the very obvious camp bait. Throw in a Billy, Nurse, Hag or even a huntress camping and it's bad.

Orion said:

@samirk98 said:

Do you know what i still not agree with you.. that doesn’t mean i should get camped by brainless dude over nothing i don’t want free escapes sometimes i want to die but by decent killer who not camps not the killers who just stand behind the hook,. Anways i dc everytime if it’s for no reason i didn’t buy this game for ######### staring at killers face that’s why i gave up playing survivors. Because it’s not fun and started playing as killer...

@samirk98 said:
    Do you know what i still not agree with you.. that doesn’t mean i should get camped by brainless dude over nothing i don’t want free escapes sometimes i want to die but by decent killer who not camps not the killers who just stand behind the hook,. Anways i dc everytime if it’s for no reason i didn’t buy this game for [BAD WORD] staring at killers face that’s why i gave up playing survivors. Because it’s not fun and started playing as killer...

So you're telepathic and can know the Killer's reason for camping? Awesome! What number am I thinking of?

Fact is, you have no idea what's going on through the Killer's mind, and if he's so bad, as you say, then you're even worse, because he actually caught you.

Orion said:

@samirk98 said:
    Do you know what i still not agree with you.. that doesn’t mean i should get camped by brainless dude over nothing i don’t want free escapes sometimes i want to die but by decent killer who not camps not the killers who just stand behind the hook,. Anways i dc everytime if it’s for no reason i didn’t buy this game for [BAD WORD] staring at killers face that’s why i gave up playing survivors. Because it’s not fun and started playing as killer...

So you're telepathic and can know the Killer's reason for camping? Awesome! What number am I thinking of?

Fact is, you have no idea what's going on through the Killer's mind, and if he's so bad, as you say, then you're even worse, because he actually caught you.

Please just shut the ######### up it’s not because im bad everyone making ######### mistakes maybe got sandbagged so if im getting caught it means i’m worse than the killer how ######### braindead person you are never mind..

Well, you made a mistake that the Killer decided to capitalize on. The fact that you DC just makes it more rewarding for them. So congrats, you're part of the problem.

Orion said:

@samirk98 said:

You just don’t want to understand it’s not ######### fun when you get caught by killer who has no reason but stood there camps and that’s it  but you saying i’m worse than him you are braindead that’s i’m thinking about you piece of #########

I know it's not fun. It's happened to me as well. But you know, I don't blame the other guy for capitalizing on my mistakes. That's just what players do in a PvP game.

Orion said:

I know it's not fun. It's happened to me as well. But you know, I don't blame the other guy for capitalizing on my mistakes. That's just what players do in a PvP game.

Okay never mind yeah it’s me the problem sorry for bad words like i said i already did give up playing as survivors so no more camping.. have a nice day 

@samirk98 said:
    Okay never mind yeah it’s me the problem sorry for bad words like i said i already did give up playing as survivors so no more camping.. have a nice day 

Your attitude is the problem. You think you shouldn't be beaten by someone just because they didn't impress you with their skill, while refusing to admit that they were actually more skillful than you, seeing as how you made mistakes and they didn't, or at least their mistakes weren't as serious as yours.

• Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Well you’re an exception to that rule
  • ChraizEChraizE Member Posts: 232

Survivors are NOT your friends! Don't get suckered into playing how they want you to play. Do what YOU want to do.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,598

An opponent exists to be crushed.

The End

• VESSELVESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

I can't be bothered to find the "OHHHH!" gif so...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edited July 2018
    Paddy4583 said:

playing with people whose sole ambition is to make the killer mad has never and will never be an ambition of mine.  mad killers camp and tunnel.  pretty simple really.  impressing strangers with allusions to a number has likewise been the venture of bozos for me.  just not seeing it but believe as you must, kiddo.
  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Paddy4583 said:

playing with people whose sole ambition is to make the killer mad has never and will never be an ambition of mine.  mad killers camp and tunnel.  pretty simple really.  impressing strangers with allusions to a number has likewise been the venture of bozos for me.  just not seeing it but believe as you must, kiddo.
    Off topic, incoherent with a hint of grandeur (albeit delusional) that’s definitely the traits of a toxic player.
    Kudos 
  • KillingInstinctKillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    a question for the killers.  when was the point of no return for you?  been playing and today i received one teabag too many at the gate after allowing all to be unhooked.  literally...all of them hooked twice and all escaped.  i have had 3 man lobbies since then and i usually boost in such cases but i became a terrorist and got rid of everyone as quickly and efficiently as i could.  yes, i was mad.  in the past 6 games, only 2 survivors have escaped.  no camping or tunneling but i no longer cut people slack anymore.  screw these people.

I changed my playstyle a few days ago to be exact. I always ran straight to the other side of the map! Now I patrol every now and then and tunnel a teeny tiny bit so the game ends faster.

Paddy4583 said:
    Paddy4583 said:

Off topic, incoherent with a hint of grandeur (albeit delusional) that’s definitely the traits of a toxic player.
    Kudos 

mucho gracias, amor.
  • brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,009
    edited July 2018
    Dead.
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,513

It depends on my earlier game.
    4k - I play normal
    3k, 1 escape - I try to get the 4k next time
    2k, 2 escapes - I ask myself what I did wrong this round and try to play better in the next round
    1k, 3 escapes - I try my best to not get defeated again
    4 escape - I smack my head against a wall, until the wall tells me to stop. (unless its very obvious, that i stood no chance. I've had these rounds, where I could do nothing else but watch them loop and genrush me to death.)
    4 escape + toxicity - expect a red mori in my next round. AND NO MERCY! (if that round also fails, I quit DbD for the day and try again the next day, since its obvious that my concentration is gone.)