The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Blood Warden Buff/Rework

The buff id think would help is hooking and re-hooking a survivor while the gates are open resets the Blood Warden timer. would love feed back, why or why not.

Comments

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,373

They would never buff a perk I use...oops I mean I don't use bloodwarden ( /: plz don't 99% the door)

• DankyDanky Member Posts: 45

never say never but i hope a dev or mod looks in here and maybe just maybe does it. i mean if survivors were rushing the hook endgame while BW is up then yea it would be OP but other then that it can still be countered.

that would force survivors to not just rush the hook, to bait out the killer or just leave before BW activates. even with the EGC this is where skill comes into play with the survivors.

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 1,289

What I do is down a survivor, open the gate, hook the survivor. There you go

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,800

Yes please, it needs this buff.

So does Remember Me for that matter.

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 1,289

Sure, I mean, I love my end game build with Freddy and Wraith, why not add this. I don't believe it needs buffing, but I wouldn't complain about it

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 835

Why does blood warden need to be buffed exactly? It's meant to be a gimmicky end game perk that combos with other end game perk, and can net you an ez 4k if timed right. I'd argue that Remember Me should be reworked to have a more interesting purpose. After it was nerfed for the EGC, there's no reason to use it unless you're doing an end game meme build.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 4,841

What?!

Bloodwarden is fine as it is.

why? to help killers with the gen rush, Hex Ruin doesnt last for most people on reg all game or even half, after that then its pallet to pallet till theres no more pallets. again even if the devs gave in to the buff it can and could still be countered where its not OP.

its not

• yoiyoi Member Posts: 243

Is fine as it is. What u want Is free kills With noed after terrible performance.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 921

it's fine. no need to buff it. it's already a useful perk

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 4,510

Only if they pause the EGC timer while it is active. ;)

• ZoldyarZoldyar Member Posts: 337

Depending on how many times the killer can reset the timer, this sounds alright. The only problem is noed with that build.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,906
    edited November 26

I disagree. BW might be situational, but it can be a gamechanger. If it could be used more than once it would probably be easy to get to a point where the survivors can't escape before the EGC timer ends.

Post edited by White_Owl on
    edited November 26

Never has Bloodwarden not resulted in an extra kill for me, and now with EGC there have been many times I’ve been able to prevent any remaining survivors foolish enough to hang around from escaping before the EGC timer runs out, killing everyone.

So I really cannot see how Bloodwarden needs a buff. It’s already a ridiculously strong endgame perk.

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 729

BW is pretty good already plus with EGC this change would make it very bullshit.

Exactly.

And 60 seconds is a long time in DBD.

If a killer can’t make good on those 60 seconds then they’re not playing around the perk properly, or they’re not actively thinking about the perk before deciding when to hook a slug.

• ygneaygnea Member Posts: 116

BW would be busted if it got buffed with EGC.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 27

It's already a great (albeit situational) perk. Doesn't need a buff.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 2,754

Bloodwarden is a good perk to me right now, (I never get to endgame so I might use it on weaker Killers) it's fine right now.

NoED isnt an issue anymore these days, and again survivors would have to think before rushing in.

Noed is always a issue depending on the killer (of course).

I don't mind the perk idea, i'm just saying how many times would it activate. To say the perk will activated more than twice (let alone more than once) would just be annoying and not a fair match. However, allowing it to activate once doesn't sound mad.

You can't use the argument the surivior would have to think as if chases doesn't end quickly. Especially when there are different ranks which would struggle against killers.

NoED is never an issue because it gets taken down faster then Ruin, sometime it doesnt and u may get 1 or 2 people but that isnt always.

BUT it would activate after the gates are opened and u hook a survivor, and each time after that would reset the timer. so the 60 seconds would just restart after each new hook.

ALSO chases dont end quickly, green, purple and red ranks. clearly if we are talking about people with less then 500 hours then it might. again its a 4v1 game where the killer should be stronger then 1 survivor BUT its not, not in this game.

There is no way of knowing how long a totem last in a game.

It is a higher chance of it lasting long when taking in the measurement of the map compare to the size of the totem. Then again, who can be asked to do math? The reason why totem gets destroyed early is just that you are just unlucky if I'm being honest.

That just sounds broken in every way possible. This is towards the end of the map meaning most pallets would be gone. Thus leaving a surivior to rely on vaulting (Which aren't a reliable way of wasting the killer's time). So there is a likely chance of the chase time lasting 30 seconds at best because I would like to know how killers such as the nurse, spirit, Freddy, Huntress, hag and Hilbilly will struggle on lasting more than a minute in a chase.

As for the just not opening the gate thing, you know that opening the gate common to happen. Otherwise you would have also mention changes on that if it was so frequent of that happening. For swf team it won't be a big deal. However for a solo surivior it's common to have a team mate that will open the gate straight away so that they can escape. This is because when playing as a solo surivior you will obviously be looking out for yourself because your team won't be cooperative (no way of communication with them) which results on your plan and objective being different to what your team mate wants.

When people speak of 1 vs 1( in dead by daylight from my understanding) they mean applying there knowledge to what they learn against the killer. Not as in, them have an equal level of speed, stength and e.t.c against a killer, but rather showing they can waste time longer than someone who just joined and started playing as surivior. You spent 1000 hours on the game, just to know someone who played for 1 hour can do as well as you? Does that sound fair? Obviously there should always be something against a PvP game where you can tell the different between a noob and a pro which is what people mean by the 1 vs 1 aspect. Its from that, that makes dead by daylight enjoyable because all your hard work and skill you have developed is being shown from how well you perform against a killer. What's the point playing a game where all your hard work is wasted and that there is nothing you can do against a killer to give you an advantage?

1st part. while that is true we all know totems like ruin dont last on most maps.

2nd part. they just buff kindred where as long as 1 person (alive) is running it then the other survivors will be able to see what the others are doing. they can use that team work to counter it.

3rd part about "hard work". idk what game ure talking about but it doesnt matter how much work u put on killer when survivors have 2nd chance perks that cant really be countered unlike killer perks.

killer needs to run say like Ruin just to slow the game down because without it the game would end within like 4-5mins before a killer can hook a survivor.

I can't argue with your first paragraph.

How does it counter blood warden from activating? It also leads me to the next point of the killer tunnelling the surivior that just got Unhook so that they can endlessly use blood warden.

It does matter because you can't expect a rank 20 player to usually(or ever) perform better than a rank 1 surivior.

Games can end that quickly but the devs have shown that gameplay at average has last more than 10 minutes. Another thing is that killers are capable of finishing games quicker than suriviors doing gens, so it some what balance things out.

Kindred helps survivors from rushing in and stopping BW for going off again (if they buffed it).

Rank 20 SwFs trump any rank 20 killer with Mori, same is true for rank 1's.

the only games that last 10mins are low ranks to include most of the devs as we have alrdy seen them play. (not bashing them) but as we seen over the 3+ years of videos where theyre just ok @ the game.