We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

In-game Crash

NevishiaNevishia Member Posts: 4
edited November 27 in Technical Issues

Hello, i tried to look for it in google. But with no results.

At the start i had just one crash in every few games. with "access violation - code c0000005". But then after few weeks it started to crash in every second/third game. So i did few steps, starting from re-install game, steam, windows. Repair memory/register. Searched for corrupted system files. Run as administrator/compatibility. Make update for windows, graphic and every other driver. Re-installed C++ and framework libary. And probably few more methods that atm i don't remember. After all these steps i have some different crash "Unhandled exception", and still crashig in every second/third game. Could it be the RAM fault or some component in my PC?

I really like that game but if there will be no solution. ATM i just don't have the fun from the game.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 375

Can you attach the log file here? Note that the game generates new log file for each game launch and over time deletes older logs to preserve disk space, so make sure to attach the one which has the issue present.

C:\Users\YOUR-WINDOWS-USERNAME-HERE\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs\DeadByDaylight.log

You can also try reinstalling your graphics driver from GeForce Experience and during install process tick the option "Clean install". That helps sometimes if your games are crashing.

• NevishiaNevishia Member Posts: 4
  • Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 375

I tried Googling the error code, Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000028, found in the log file and most solutions seems to suggest re-install of graphics driver but you have already done that, and nearly everything else possible.

I am out of ideas and you probably should contact support directly for even better support with this issue, https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or alternatively wait for more replies and perhaps comments from moderators.

The only odd thing in the log for me was this line;

[2019.11.27-22.37.58:819][ 0]LogWindows: DebugString: PrimaryIsNotTheChoosenAdapter PrimaryIsNotTheChoosenAdapter PrimaryIsNotTheChoosenAdapter FoundDriverCount:4

Which references to your graphics driver.

I think my CPU has Intel HD graphics but don't have that installed so I can't test, at least right away if it occurs always with Nvidia and Intel HD graphics combo.

Hmm, thanks. I will try to check again thoroughly everthing which is associated with graphics. If i will found something i will post it here. The same with answer from support.

Ok so i think i already solved the problem. At least i didn't get a crash in my last few games (so there is a huuge step forward. The thing was something about my power supply. Power was set at 100% so my CPU always worked on turbo mode. I switched it to the 99% and yet so far i didn't get the crash.