The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Random "black" out screen

I recently formatted my PC after getting a "mini" upgrade to a better motherboard, CPU and RAM, and downloaded DBD again. Now, when I open the game (in menu, lobby and game itself), after some time I get random black screens lasting for about 1 to 3-ish seconds, the screen doesn't shut off but it just goes black i can still hear the game sounds etc, sometimes the time vary... Sometimes the black screen times are shorter, sometimes longer... It probably happened like 25 times tonight if not more.

ANY clue what may be causing this? a bug? something else on my PC? or how I can fix it? already verified my files, even moved the game from my normal drive to my SSD, changed the graphic settings quality... The upgraded items used to be my boyfriend's parts and there is nothing wrong with it, he ran DBD smoothly without any hiccups (only reason he gave it to me, is because he upgraded to better stuff so it's definitely not a hardware problem, since this ONLY happens in DBD).

The only other "big thing" I have changed is that I now have Bitdefender installed as an antivirus program, not sure if that could be a cause of anything. As far as I know all my drivers etc is up to date as well.

Here are my specs:

★ Motherboard & OS: ᴀꜱʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴢ77 ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ 4, ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡꜱ 10 ᴘʀᴏ (V: 10.0.18363 B: 18363).

★ CPU: ɪɴᴛᴇʟ ᴄᴏʀᴇ ɪ7 3770ᴋ ~4ɢʜᴢ

★ RAM: 16ɢʙ (2x 8ɢʙ) ᴋɪɴɢꜱᴛᴏɴ ʜʏᴘᴇʀx ꜰᴜʀʏ ᴅᴅʀ3

★ Graphics card: ᴀᴍᴅ ʀx580 ᴀʀᴍᴏʀ ᴍᴋ2 ᴏᴄ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ (8ɢʙ).

★ Main storage: 250ɢʙ ᴍᴜꜱʜᴋɪɴ ꜱᴏᴜʀᴄᴇ ꜱꜱᴅ (ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡꜱ & ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍꜱ). (DBD is currently on here)

★ Secondary storage: 1x ᴡᴅ ʙʟᴜᴇ 1ᴛʙ (ɢᴀᴍᴇꜱ)

★ Screens: ʟɢ 24" 144ʜᴢ ɢᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴍᴏɴɪᴛᴏʀ (i have 2 other screens also attached but they are irrelevant and i also never had a problem before)