We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

DBD RESTART MY PC

marttinmarttin Member Posts: 5

Hey,I recently bought a computer and i can run flawless a lot of games, like battlefiueld v in ultra,lol,overwatch..etc all in ultra quality but when i start dbd in the menu when u have to press space or something my pc reboot instantly, i dont know why I have searched a thousand forums

with the same problem and i dont know how to fix,pls if someone can help me I would be very

grateful,i have installed all the drivers, all the updates.

My pc is:

AMD ryzen 5 2600

Radeon RX 590 8GB 

16GB RAM 3000 MHZ 

MARS GAMING MPII 650W 85 PLUS

GYGABYTE B450M DS3H

Comments

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 375

Usually when that happens your Windows and/or motherboard protects itself from overheating by stopping the OS and some Windows settings may automatically reboot itself right after.

Or your PSU isn't able to produce enough power to keep the PC running.

Have you had the chance to change any settings for DBD either by settings or the ini files? If you have alter them back to default values or delete the ini configuration file so the game can produce new values for you.

Does your Windows Event Viewer list any causes to this? Select Windows Logs from left navigation menu, then see both Application (DBD) and System logs around the time when it happened.

• marttinmarttin Member Posts: 5

How can i change the setting in the files, i cant get into the game so i think that its the psu,

what is the archive .ini?

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 375

I only mentioned the ini in case you had altered it in some way, for example uncapping the fps. It's very much of use at your own risk and isn't recommended to alter. But since you can't get into the game you can try to lower the graphics settings using that file so you can get the game running in order to alter settings from the game itself later on.

You can find that file here: C:\Users\USERRNAME\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditorGameUserSettings.ini