We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Straight forward Feedback - No real emotion.

Id say that feedback on this game for me is as follows: (im not discussing this with anyone, so no replies from me) This is just straight-up feedback to the Creators and Entity.

1 ) Distortion needs infinite use, instead of tokens. Since we get "Calm spirit" for the counter to crows. We need Distortion. BBQ and Nurses calling is being abused too much.

2 ) Pallet loops feel too short. There are literally "zero quality loops. Such as the pallet that is on some hay bails on Coldwind farm. I call this the "spacebar pallet" since the loop is so small. That only spamming spacebar will save a person (vaulting back and fourth on the pallet.

3 ) End Game Collapse. Yes, the hatch stand-offs made for some epic Youtube videos. I've been in several of those stand-offs that went that long. IF the programmers would have set it so the killer could not hatch-grap. The problem would have been gone. I've felt that what makes the game have quality is the hatch. It is "the ace in the hand' for when the other team members of the match are doing such a bad job, that it makes this worth while. Since ECG and closing of the hatch. We have the problem of no "worth while" plays for lower ranks. Because of poor team members. This game is played all over the world and not everyone is a pro for the ranks they play at.

• I'd leave the hatch closing Mechanic OUT, and if a survivor hatches. Just give the killer their points and pips. Be done. 3 players destroyed in a match imo. Is still a good killer.
  • If you need to leave ECG on. 5 Minutes is fair. 2 minutes is not enough for any good plays.

4 ) Revert the purple and pink Add-ons for med kits. Insta heal medkits made for exciting clutch-plays. really. This game is becoming very boring without that "edge" of insta medkits.

5 ) Decisive strike. Slow the meter down, bigger skill check zone. Revert to First state.

6 ) Return all exhaustion status perks to recovery meters that slowly recovered at all times.

7 ) Since y'all want to ban players for DC'ing or penalizing. I'd do something about the slugging issues. Where players most often Abandon the game. I'd program it so the wiggle/struggle meter and the recovery meter share the same bar now. With the bar becoming full, to allow the player to recover from the dying state. It makes for epic game speed. Since killers have to forced to make plays.

8 ) Brutal strength raised to 25%. This will help killers stand better. They do deserve this courtesy.

9 ) Blood Warden needs work. A courtesy to killers that allows them to hex the gate zones shut. Yeah it is something that could effect one gate and proc as a hex. Interest?

10 ) Keyrings should make keys invulnerable to franklins Demise.

11 ) New perk idea; "stockholm syndrome". The exit zone is plagued with thoughts and feelings that cloud the survivors mind. As the survivor enters the exit zone. They are exposed status and one hit will down them. If they chose to leave this zone. The effects wear off after 15 seconds.

12 ) Killers with a "sprint burst" perk . I know killers would LOVE that change :-)

---- Im not a game designer. Just giving feedback ---

Comments

• Venom368Venom368 Member Posts: 321
    1. Hiding in lockers prevents BBQ. If you see a teammate get picked up, jump in a locker. Or, get within 40 meters of the killer. If you hear their terror radius, you won't show up on BBQ. For nurses, once you realize they have it (when they instantly know where you/your teammate is when healing), then don't heal when in/near their terror radius. Nurses has a 28 meter range, and most killers have 32 meter terror radius.
    2. Some pallet loops are safe, others are not. Don't make an attempt to loop the unsafe ones. I recommend checking out a youtube vid on the different types of structures that can spawn, which shows which tiles are safe and which are not.
    3. I think ECG is fine how it is. If the killer could not hatch grab, they would have no way to prevent a survivor from using hatch. I disagree with most of the statements you make here, so i'm just going to move on.
    4. Insta med kits were just unfair to killers. Imagine a really good survivor looping you for 4 gens, teabagging at every window/pallet, and spinning you until you're dizzy. You finally get them down, and their teammate comes up and heals them to full hp before you can pick them up. That's a feelsbadman.
    5. DS is in a good spot. It finally is possible to avoid it as killer, and still prevents tunneling.
    6. I'm starting to believe you've never played killer before.
    7. Try using Flip-flop.
    8. Most killers stand just fine. Hillbilly has a bit of a limp and nurse just kinda floats, but that's about it.
    9. That with NOED would be a miserable experience. Survivors would be obligated to cleansing all dull totems throughout the game, every game.
    10. Keys are lame.
    11. This is just a worse version of NOED. The only time it would ever do anything is if you were next to a survivor while they opened the door. Nobody would wait in the exit zone if they were going to go for a save before leaving
    12. I... but...

• DeKillerKillerDeKillerKiller Member Posts: 545

Someone's never played killer in their life.

• FibijeanFibijean Member, Trusted Posts: 4,997

1) "Use" is not the same as "abuse". No one is abusing BBQ or Nurse's Calling. Also, while I agree that three tokens is perhaps too few, making Distortion infinite would make it way too powerful, considering how many killer perks rely on aura reading. It's essentially Undetectable for survivors.

2) Good survivors can run killers around even bad loops for a long time. We need those "spacebar" loops to balance the extremely safe ones like shack. If anything, loops on the whole need to be weakened, not strengthened.

3) The Hatch was never intended as a free escape or a reward. It's more of a second chance. The EGC is meant to be tense and overall killer-sided. If a survivor gets the hatch, they've beaten the odds. The killer has as much right to a 4k as the survivor does to an escape.

4) I happen to share a similar opinion about instaheals, but I have the same opinion about moris and other OP items in general. It's a very unpopular opinion, and is based on the idea that interest and variety are more important than balance. But the instaheal changes aren't going to be reverted, because the developers (and the majority of the community) are more concerned with the game being as fair and balanced as possible. Which is also fair enough.

5) Decisive Strike doesn't need buffs. It's still a very powerful perk. And the skill check is very easy to hit for anyone who's decent at playing survivor. It's a high-risk perk for experienced players, it doesn't need to be made more accessible.

6) This was changed for a very good reason and should remain as it is.

7) So you want to make the hatch and DS more viable for survivors, but you're complaining about slugging? Slugging is a perfectly valid tactic and the killer's only counter to some of the mechanics you've mentioned already. Making recovery from the dying state basekit would not only render several perks (Unbreakable, Deerstalker, No Mither) virtually useless, it would also be another huge buff to Decisive Strike, which really doesn't need it.

8) I wouldn't be opposed to a Brutal Strength buff, although I don't think it's a bad perk currently.

9) Blood Warden doesn't need work. It should absolutely affect both gates. It's a powerful endgame perk with a very specific activation condition that is within the killer's control (allowing them to form strategies based around it) and a very easy counter for survivors.

10) Again, I don't think it's a good idea to remove the killer's only counter to a very powerful item. I hate Franklin's as much as the next survivor, but it is counterable in a way that keys are not. It's fair as it is.

11) This sounds pretty cool actually, although 15 seconds is a long time. If the intention is to make survivors vulnerable while they are in the Exit Gate area, I think it should be reduced to 5.

12) I don't think this is a good idea. Many killers already have distance-gaining abilities built into their power. A perk like this would be way too much, especially on certain killers who already have high mobility. The only reason it's balanced on survivors is because they're already slower to begin with.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Why are you even putting this on a forum if you won't discuss it?

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Also holy cow, have you never played Killer? These changes would make it a nightmare!

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2019

I never asked for anyone's opinion here. Yes, I've played killer, bought a few killer DLCs. I took my Doctor to rank 5. again. I do not really care what anyone has to say. This is a feedback thread. Not a "show n tell" session.

• Venom368Venom368 Member Posts: 321

No need to be ignorant. If you disregard everybody else's opinion, nobody is going to take you seriously

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 5,185

1) NO! Aura blocking is VERY powerful. A survivor should not have unlimited use of such a powerful ability for no other condition than simply equipping Distortion.

Why do you think Sole Survivor has so many restrictions?!?! Because the devs know how powerful aura blocking can be.

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Mod Posts: 4,323

@InnCognito this is a public forum, people are allowed to discuss your thread and share their opinion as long as they respect the forum rules.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 469

The moment you posted it on a public forum, people will discuss about it.

If you want to keep it to yourself, grab a notepad and write it down.

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 768

So.... This isn't survivor biased how exactly?

• Polychrome_BakuPolychrome_Baku Member Posts: 283

If you don't want people to discuss your opinion, don't write it in a public place. That being said, you do realize that killers want to enjoy the game too right? Or do you just not care?