We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

[Nintendo Switch] Dbd won’t load.

Doddle28Doddle28 Member Posts: 89
edited December 4 in Technical Issues

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place.

So recently I bought myself Dead by Daylight for the Nintendo Switch, the physical copy, and my friend some eShop vouchers to get a digital copy on their end. Today they were finally able to get it, as well as Switch Online, but for some reason it won’t work. He described it as the game would reach the loading screen and just load.

“The game won't load in. It plays the little movie at the beginning, and then it just loads. I've waited 30 minutes and it doesn't stop loading.“

His guess is that because he used GBP gift cards (me) and he’s Canadian it’s because he’s trying to connect to British servers instead.

Also because it’s Switch the hardware is standardised, yay.

EDIT: Issue resolved. Turn the switch off (hold power button) for 12 seconds, wait five or so minutes, restart the switch and tada the game works now.

Post edited by Doddle28 on

Comments

• Akina_UmbreonAkina_Umbreon Member Posts: 1

Sadly I got no solutions but it's been happening to me as well for the last week and a half so I really wonder what's going on since I'm on switch too

• Doddle28Doddle28 Member Posts: 89

I feel like I should update this (I'll edit the main post too).

Okay so apparently turning the switch off completely (hold the power button for 12 seconds), wait 5 minutes or so, and turn the switch back on. Aftwards, it should be fixed.

Issue has been solved.

• Bromolisher18Bromolisher18 Member Posts: 2

I had the same problem for the past couple of weeks and it worked today. Not sure why, did everything the same but it loaded.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 935

Yep. DbD doesn't seem to play nice with putting the switch into sleep mode. No idea why though.

I did make the devs aware of it. :)