The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dear devs, What is the reason...

2»

Comments

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I like this idea. Honestly at red ranks if i'm not playing my best Killer or loadout, I feel like i'm signing up to lose. Even then with some Killers I love (Legion, Clown, Doctor) I feel like i'm just going in to let the Survivors do gens and leave.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,630

3 of 5 people do not achieve their goal (escape/kill all survivors) in a 2:2 scenario.

The ones doing mental gymnastics into turning this into a win are cmaybe 3/4-man swf's.

I agree that if a 2man swf both escape it's totally their win.

• FibijeanFibijean Member, Trusted Posts: 3,252

That's because it's an asymmetrical game, with different numbers of players on each team.

In a 2k situation, two people on one team didn't achieve their goal, two other people on that team did, and the one person on the other team achieved 50% of their goal. In other words, both teams got halfway there. If we want to look at it another way, 2.5 people out of 5 achieved their goal.

Nobody said that a 2k was a win - what everyone is saying is that it's a tie, and the maths checks out.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 1,867

What I'm saying is I go into a game as survivor with nothing but aura perks thinking "Let the games begin" because I know no matter what I can be effective and usually are

As killer..if I dont have decent perks AND addons..I feel more like

" Alright I gotta get this done quick or I'm screwed "

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 432
    edited December 3

This game can not be compared to games like Resident Evil. This is a multiplayer game, people don’t play with the feeling they are versing a monster, they are facing another player as their opponent. That’s why it will never be scary no matter what. You want to beat that opponent. Contrary to what people on the forum might claim, most people do just consider escaping as a win, or at the very least they die but the other 3 survive. Killer is 3-4 K. So why should the game be balanced to where the killer is constantly winning? It doesn’t make sense and is the complete opposite of balance. People like Mr coconut I’m afraid, don’t get it. The game would die if they had it their way. Survivors aren’t interested in playing kill simulator, this isn’t a horror movie. Each side has to get their share of wins (equal or at least somewhat close to it) in order to keep players on both sides.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,273

I see your opinion and I disagree. The game is advertised as a horror game and it can be made that way with many strenuous tweaks that would take ages and isn't worth making because the game is far too along to make them. I have a dream of a horrifying and scary brutal game with this formula and it may not actually work but who knows, maybe it will and we don't know. Games like Dark Souls are difficult and made to be that way but also rewarding, those games aren't for everyone hell no, it takes someone who enjoys that for those games to be popular. Something like that and my dream horror game takes a special audience, possibly a small audience but an audience nonetheless.

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 359

Good point, I think it would work with a more engaging central objective for Survivors though. Like think of it as a game where the survivors aren't actually directly competing with the killer, but instead have to engage with some objective that grows as the game progresses.. like say they had an infinite number of creatures outside of the killer that they could fight, kill, etc. And they have to balance the objective of killing as many of them as they can, receiving points towards level up, special items, whatever to make their time feel well invested and productive. Reward them for playing the survivor role and doing well rather than having it be so dependent on survival as the goal... But of course that's not exactly a possiblity for this game at this point so it's just me making a game up in my mind at this point lol.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

This. Killers can black pip after a 3K or even a 4K at times. But survivors can die and still pip up. The currrent rank balance of the game is an issue. If the balance philosophy is 2 escapes 2 kills, then the ranking system needs to black pip killers who 2K, pip killers that 3k, and double pip killers that 4k. The current system is not feasible. I've gotten 3k's that follow with "brutal killer" and 2K's that follow with "ruthless killer" and 4k's that result in "entity displeased".

The ranking system is [BAD WORD] for killers. So we view the 3K and 4K as our only salvation in this cursed game. Make 2K's a draw in terms of ranking, and then we have a solution. But the balance philosophy cannot be 2-2 if 2-2 is a loss for the killer in terms of ranks.