The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report graphical issues.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Platform:
Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Hooked in Basement, Screen Goes to Clouds

otherrobertotherrobert Member Posts: 9

Platform: PC (Steam)

After downloading the new patch for the Cursed Legacy chapter, I got hooked in the basement in Shelter Woods. Once the killer put me on the back hook in the basement, my screen went dark, then started showing clouds. It stayed this way until the killer picked me up in the basement and hooked me again. I have the last 30 seconds on video.

This is the first time I've seen it happen.

https://youtu.be/oHXIsK5wVFk

Comments

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 127

Same here, Gas Heaven map.

• KittyScientistKittyScientist Member Posts: 1

Yeah, had a insidious bubba exploiting this glitch this morning...

• mistertimisterti Member Posts: 175
    edited December 3

Macmillan suffocation pit, yui, same. I was hanged in basement, clouds, got saved, still clouds, but i reappeared when downed by killer. PS4

• WeirdHexButOkayWeirdHexButOkay Member Posts: 1

Exactly the same issue as @misterti

Fractured Cowshed, Yui, Oni.

• myers_obsessionmyers_obsession Member Posts: 209

Same on clodwind, yamaoka estate, macmillan estate. claudette and yui, trapper, oni, leatherface

• VentaeviaVentaevia Member Posts: 1
    edited December 3

Same here. Here is a picture that I cropped out the names of survivors. regardless,

Platform: PC (Steam

Description of the issue: When I got hooked in the basement my screen turned black except for the UI and then when I got unhooked this is what my screen turned into.

Steps to reproduce (if possible): Get hooked

How often does this occur: not sure yet. seems like often

• jupiter88jupiter88 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 3

Platform: PC - Steam

Description of the issue: Same as thread. Hooked in basement in Autohaven Wreckers, screen white went, then to clouds. Looked like I fell out of the map, didn't get fixed until I was rehooked.

Steps to reproduce (if possible): Get hooked in the basement.

How often does this occur: Frequently.

• DimekDimek Member Posts: 21

I couldn't do nothing for the entire game (repairing, healing ect - no option) but i was able to move and drop pallets and struugle phase was like automatic(?)

• AmaroAmaro Member Posts: 13

Same

Really needs to be fixed ASAP, game is literally unplayable right now

• coley_219coley_219 Member Posts: 13
    edited December 3

Same here...ps4, ironworks, me solo survivor, oni, basement hook in killer shack - lost all interaction and visual until i was picked up then lost it again on hook. survivors were able to rescue me and heal me though. before being hooked in the basement all play was regular and had no issue

• AmpenahAmpenah Member Posts: 1
    edited December 3

On new map (pc), as soon as huntress touched the basement floor i got stuck in a weird cloud place and was stuck falling. had no button prompts for anything, and had to spam space on instinct to survive hook. one other person (not sure who they were playing) had this bug as well, but as soon as they entered the killer shack, they said they flew into space.

• DMITRYDMITRY Member Posts: 5
  • ShinduShindu Member Posts: 55

Calm down, it's just survs nerf) Buff to Leatherface, I even can say

• HighQualityDonutHighQualityDonut Member Posts: 49

this is what monstrous shrine wants to achieve. Side note this bug is nasty and gamebreaking, also annoying cause people are doing basement archives. Hotfix please BHVR!

• PotatoFarmerPabsPotatoFarmerPabs Member Posts: 1

Xbox one - Same issues as thread.

Multiple times in multiple locations.

HOWEVER - I was unhooked once while the bug was active and was left under the hook and unhealed by the survivor. Later, the killer hooked another survivor next to me in the basement and my screen came back. He hit me at some point (Which I heard but wasn’t accompanied by TR or wasn’t the correct ‘hit’ sound)

so I was back on the ground. I had actually moved away from the hook as well.

• wladimiiirwladimiiir Member Posts: 95

Anyone got a better picture?

Map: Coldwind Farm, Rancid Abattoir

• NomaddNomadd Member Posts: 35

Same happened to me. Good thing patches get tested before going live.

• MedivaMediva Member Posts: 85

Got it too, on lerys....the moment i got hooked...screen went total grey. Couldnt kump, couldnt do anything. the moment i got saved, i kept falling. Well...interesting game. Had to Dc from that. Cant do anything. Good thing Dc penalties arent live yet!

• RevansithRevansith Member Posts: 311

Platform: Windows 10 (Steam) PC

Hooked as Yui in the basement. The screen cap is what I saw. What happened was the screen went all white and then faded to the screen cap you see. I tried an M1 escape, to see Yui superimposed over the glitched screen, similar to other pictures. When I was rescued the screen came back partially then reverted to the "clouds". Next the killer came back and re hooked me again. Since I was in second phase I was unable to do much except die and depip.

This appears to be a gamebreaker and you guys need to fix it asap as killers are exploiting this to hook their victims in the basement.

• KristenKristen Member Posts: 12
    edited December 3

When we are 3 players stucked in this bug with auto-struggle XD

• ValariaValaria Member Posts: 8

Got the same issue right now, got hooked in the basement, screen went full white and after a few seconds I was floating around infront of a big screen wide moon. I just saw that people healed me, but I couldn't do anything

Guess one of my mates had the same bug, he was running around in the basement like some headless chicken till the EGC killed him

PC, Temple of Purgation Map

• SmillingJokerSmillingJoker Member Posts: 2

Got the same on Ps4

And after that my ps4 got bugged and I couldn't do anything. Had to turn the electric switch off to turn It off.

Pls fix you're game everytime I patch I have new problems but none of the old one are gone.

My friends and I have so much problems that we need 20min to get in a game sometimes.

• ValkyrieFTValkyrieFT Member Posts: 5

Same thing happened to me twice... once on the Stranger Things map vs Oni, and once on Ormond vs Freddy. I’ll attach a clip of it from one.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenuousSplendidFrogUWot

• asergioamasergioam Member Posts: 106

PC (Steam). Just happened to me too in Haddonfields basement against a spirit.

• talikhtalikh Member Posts: 1

Same thing... Seriously this game is becoming worse and worse everyday... Are you going to fix one day this game?

• SirumalSirumal Member Posts: 5

Doesnt have to do with the map or the killer. Its the basement hooks and its a known issue right now. When it happens to you, close the game and upload the log here.