The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

DC - A warning.

2»

Comments

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 66

Reduce the bleed-out timer to two minutes to match the sacrifice sequence. If the killer enjoys fewer BPs, then so be it, and the survivors can move on to another game. Simple, no-headache solution

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,198

Pretty sure just leaving them too bleed out is delaying the game, even then one DC won't ban them, the devs even said they give leway incase of game like this.

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 754

I've never met a Doctor who wasn't toxic

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 119

The doctor is perhaps the greatest killer in this game. He brings torrent, caos, pain and suffering to the survivors. Anyway possible. He is by far, my most favorite killer to play in the game. When the doctor spawns into the map. The screams of Caos, confusion and pain to all those whom are in the trial. That said. The doctor does the entity's work, by far. The best. Stay safe in the fog. See you in the trials! 😈

• OswinOsgoodOswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

Maybe when a survivor gets downed and fully recovered they could have a "give up" option like it only shows if you fully recover as much as you can and are slugged. Therefore they can give up if they dont want to sit for 4 mins on the floor.

I kind of wish it was an option because i got sandbagged by a feng min in a game a while ago and all 3 refused to pick me up i had crows and even the killer since he had JUST hooked me was just leaving me on the floor i was there for 3 whole mins before i decided to spam message the other survivors in a ps4 group with :

"Pick"

"Me"

"Up"

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 28

Lol. He thinks it isn't unsporting. It's legal but it's still a jerk thing to do. If you are THAT hard up for 4 ks go play scrabble.

• Shirtless_MyersShirtless_Myers Member Posts: 24

The game is currently a complete mess. There's so many bugs that disconnecting shouldn't be penalized whatsoever right now. I just got out of a match where I could not wiggle, my screen was in a black void, and I could not move whatsoever. The killer then took advantage of myself being in this state by knocking me down while I couldn't move (The screen still being in that of a black void with clouds) and proceeded to go after my teammates in a 3 man game where I couldn't participate, ultimately getting a 4k because they took advantage of me and wouldn't hook me out of the game until everyone else was down so no hatch.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 206

This isn't holding the game hostage. They will bleed out.. it's just boring

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 918

@InnCognito

Yo you forgot dribbling lol

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 918

See =p

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 166

Why sould they address this now after they brought out such a horrible slugging killer like Oni? They did again promote something that not healthy for the game, so you can come to the conclusion, that BHVR doesnt care für game health at all, thinking that sluggging, camping and tunneling still are a thing in 2020. So now survivors have to bring in No Mither (unbreakable just works once), DS (against tunneling lol), and BT (against camper). So they have 3 out of 4 perks slot musthave due to devs not recognizing those behaviour as issues. Playing survivor becomes more and more sardistic.

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 115

That's not hostage. Hostage is where the gamestate literally cannot be progressed and the ONLY option is to disconnect.

3-gen Doctor (Provided you're still hitting, downing, and hooking survivors.) isn't hostage as you're still hooking people. The survivors are free to just run up at you, let you down them, and make themselves die on the hook.

Slugging everyone isn't hostage since the game state still progresses. Survivors bleed out into the dirt after 4 minutes. Scummy? Yes, but it's not actually a hostage situation.

Hostage would be something like if I bodyblocked someone into a corner with hatch open so no endgame collapse and keep them stuck there until they DC. Or if I'm survivor, I and a partner use an exploit to enter a spot in the map the killer can't reach and just sit there teabagging until the killer DC's. (No gens get done, killer can't kill the other guy and shut hatch, etc. Exploiting by itself is bannable anyway.)

• LordEmrichLordEmrich Member Posts: 63

Man I love it when this happens. I do hook them because I'm not wasting 4 minutes of my time waiting for the bleed out unlike EVERY SINGLE SURVIVOR that waits until the last second of the End Game Collapse to leave.

Heck, I had a game last night playing as Wraith. I killed 3 Survivors and I scour the map looking for the last one. I find him standing on the Hatch but he thinks I'm in front of him. How do I know? They're teabagging on the hatch and pointing like they see me. I slowly creep up behind them and close the hatch for the GG.

Then Survivors have the nerve to ask, "Why aren't you hooking them?" Cause Survivors do the exact same thing any time they get anywhere near victory.

• nerfeverythingnerfeverything Member Posts: 52

I'll take the account penalty. I'm laying on the ground for four minutes. I'm not sitting in bullshit lobbies to lay around in bullshit games. I'll just unplug the internet so it registers as a loss of connection.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 944

Survivors stand at the gate waiting 30 seconds just to teabag before leaving, isn’t that also unsporting and delaying the game?

• LordEmrichLordEmrich Member Posts: 63
    edited December 4

Nah they sit at the gate for 1 minute and 50 seconds. If the End Game Collapse was 4 minutes then trust they'd sit there for 3 minutes and 50 seconds.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 944

Right? And it is what it is, as a killer I don’t get triggered but according to people’s theory about slugging this means survivors are holding games hostage

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 567

There already is a system to counteract it.

If you start hooking these survivors they will have INSANE chance to unhook themselves. At least every time I played the game and I snowballed like that it happend.

You can't force people to play differently. It's boring but it's allowed. Just like facecamping with bubba in the basement.

• GloryGlory Member Posts: 228

Since they have a guaranteed death timer, slugging them and just watching them crawl around and bleed out is NOT holding the game hostage. If you somehow trapped the last dude in a corner and then just went afk for 10 mins, without closing the hatch and starting the collapse timer, THAT would be holding the game hostage. As long as there's a defined maximum length of time something can be done, it falls under "strategic use of time", regardless of whether it also falls under "this guy might be an assh*le"

• vossler25vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Why is slugging bad? Unless all are down it can be used with deerstalker and be a really good altruism punishment, especially on last 2 an example before crybaby survivors attack

Start of game-down and hook

Mid game with 3 survivors 1 near death (tunneling, sue me when your gens aren't able to be done in 2 minutes 20 which I have SFW tested this extensively and survivor is now boring as every game since has been wins) down and hook if one near death, down and leave if otherwise, use them as bait for near death guy or a new friend altogether get a free hit if stealth otherwise pick up and hook as they will be gone but you get a rough idea of their location now happy hunting

End game-2 left hopefully with 2 gens (if they are solo probably) or gates getting done, down one move them away from gate, stay within kill range incase of adrenaline bait to find the last one if they go altruism for free win

I assume slugging is to do with keeping a survivor downed, but this is a typical play I do Vs SFW no chance of winning if they know the 2:18 gen repairs tactic, it's game over from there unless they try the locker trick, which I've actually become immune to now, the survivor tears I've had from it, damn, and for those about to cry about tunneling, firstly I have a set rule for it secondly being a survivor is too easy and makes killers only seem as a form of mild inconvenience, if you lose you deserve to lose until the gens are sorted which is never cause Devs only listen to survivor mains like a bunch of idiots

Tunneling rules

Time-will it be quicker to get the unhooked still injured survivor for both hook and kill or have they disappeared and left me with another survivor in sight? If they will work out the quickest to get the win, yes, you will die, deal with it hard luck I've been both ends and it's absolutely acceptable

Distance-are they super far away or just a stone throw away? If they can be seen pass 3 survivors, yes you are going to die, if I can't see you I am not wasting my time, if I happen upon you during my chase and you're still injured or if they are healthy then no matter what if you're healthy or not, you are going to die

Value-will their death bring me further to victory aiming for them first or am I going to face 3 survivors with only 1 gen? Are you good or not, usually a guess can be gained from chases, if it was quick, yes, you will die first, if it was long, I've already moved on from you anyways so probably didn't even hook, weakest die first, quickly move to another survivor with less to deal with, if all are good then you lost as a killer anyway, if you manage to win then lol nice you deserve a beer especially with SFW

Now I'm covered for crybaby attacks who still will probably, FIX THE DAMN GENS ITS TOO EASY AS A SURVIVOR

• chase131119chase131119 Member Posts: 66

The equivalent of standing in the gates.

• vossler25vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Lol you think being forced perks is a survivor issue, that's cute, bro, you bring no mither you killed yourself Vs Oni, they always going to find you, so no mither got killed out the game completely, DS is not a tunneling counter it's a stupid killer counter, he just has to slug you and wait out the minute total and that's it, and BT will not help Vs campers, I've never seen It work in high ranks, but it does give some immunity so meh, killers however has to have ruin, dying light, thanatophobia and one other cause gens can be done in 2:18 easy, so if you feel your perks are forced, welcome to the killer's world

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 145

No, cuz they going to bleed out so its just for 4:20 minutes

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,210

Devil's advocate on the bleeding out thing: the only time I do this is against teams that sabo the only hook in an area and all crawl to a corner when I begin to snowball.

• chrissy68142chrissy68142 Member Posts: 2

I've been saying the samething. Atleast turn unbreakable into an exhaustion perk. Because slugging gets old... and very annoying.