The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The Doctor rework is comming!

2»

Comments

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 902

We can only hope they left in tact something to differentiate Doctor from other killers like Nurse while they wait for their power. (That felt so disgusting to say, I miss you Nurse)

If they just lump everything of his onto a cooldown... yikes. But hopefully he at least retains the passive field. It looks kind of like they maybe merged both of his forms into one so he can walk and shock and attack without switching? and the blast is basically the switching replacement? I'd be ok with that. Streamline him and update him at the same time.

• PyroGLPyroGL Member Posts: 95

Were the exhaustion addon effects replaced as well?

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Em...with "refreshing" you mean weak? He got close range information and inconsistent anti-loop. End of the story.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,152

Unfortunately, they are. They’re getting a much weaker effect in counter clockwise skill checks. Survivors will adapt to it very quickly.

• ImmersedNurseImmersedNurse Member Posts: 793

No, I don't think he's weak. I play against him plenty in the Red Ranks and with the right combination of skill, perks and add-ons he can be a successful killer.

• Predator3174PLPredator3174PL Member Posts: 232

Yes it's coming and I'm worried… Just... Just look at Legion and you'll find out why

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 5,717

Nah, I’m not optimistic.

I reckon Static Blast has replaced the passive Static Field.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 5,717

Yeah. What would normally cause exhaustion now instead randomly causes some skillchecks to go counter clockwise.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,111

It seems really good to me so far. Based on what's in the descriptions and what's gone;

No more passive terror radius buildup, that means no tracking just for existing at the start of the game. Survivors can react better to get into a locker when they hear the terror radius without being on a guaranteed 5 second timer before they tier up.

No more "modes," you can zap, and you can attack. That's WAY more user friendly. That also means no more slowing yourself every chase just to build up the stalling aspect of your power which is a really small stall anyway. Also, no grabs by spamming M1 in treatment mode while facecamping. It also means his zap-stun into an M1 is a much more fluid combination as you don't need to wait for a mode switch to swing, and hope they haven't recovered or just run away while you're slow.

The "Static Blast" is a cooldown based TR-wide attack to shock all survivors nearby, allowing a better controlled buildup that's likely to actually tier people up, rather than the slow passive TR effect on everyone nearby that you aren't in a chase with, even if you know they're there. The cooldown sounds fine, as I'm assuming you can still use his default zap in the meantime.

Overall he sounds much healthier. He's more fluid for the killer player and less cumbersome, and he can actually build up tier 3 on multiple people more reliably to stall people he's not currently in a chase with. On the survivor side, you have better options to avoid gaining madness by getting in a locker at the start and not needing to stay until the terror radius is gone. His calm add ons will also amplify the terror radius when a blast is coming so you can react, as they increase TR ONLY when the blast is off cooldown.

Really this sounds like an excellent rework that addresses most of the issues I have with him from both the killer and survivor sides.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 2,520

All depends on if this is all true..and if this static blast is only good for annoying flash lighters...not sure how that will go down...hes losing a lot just by losing the static field..so getting him to be better than present will require some substantial polish..if stance swapping is gone then maybe this will be what he needs..but that's on the assumption it is gone..even then..I dunno..its really a toss up at present

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,111

I think losing the static field is justified. It takes no effort and is a constant source of annoyance. He still has the capacity to do the same thing with blast, but it takes actual thought. It will also be a bigger chunk of madness which means you can potentially bump 2-3 survivors into madness 3 at once without going around individually zapping them, meaning survivors 1 and 2 are snapped out of it before 3 is in it. It is a MUCH more reliable form of stalling outside of a 3-gen situation.

There's also the positive that he isn't countered completely by terrain. Before survivors running up/down stairs would dodge the zap entirely. If it can now be launched based on terror radius you can play around that better.

If he doesn't have to swap forms, it's also a major buff that you can alternate zapping and hitting without being a 110 speed less-than-m1 killer, and you can react to situations much better. It also means you don't have to choose between moving across the map quickly or having your power working on hidden people, just run and drop a blast when you think you're close, or use whispers to guarantee a zap.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 902

That does sound much more fluid but my question is why are they able to make someone like Doctor fluid but they completely remove the fluidity from Nurse making her the exact opposite of fluid.