We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report miscellaneous issues that don't fit into any other categories. Please check for a fitting section first!

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Platform:
Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Killer stuck in place after generator kick

BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 723
edited December 2019 in Other

Happened on PC.

Had a game (only one for now) where I got stuck in place after kicking a gen from the front (side opposite to the lights pole).

Was playing hillbilly and there was nothing I could do to move. Tried swinging at the gen , away from it , chainsawing but nothing helped.

Maybe hitting a survivor could unsnap me , but no such luck since the only one out of the last two just walked past me.

I Saw that happening to a streamer yesterday with Oni.

Post edited by BigBubs on

Comments

• BergieBergie Member Posts: 1

Platform: Switch

Description of the issue: Can't move until another option for movement occurs, i.e. picking up a survivor

Steps to reproduce (if possible): Damage a generator that has been worked on

How often does this occur: At least twice in two games

• ViceusViceus Member Posts: 51
    edited December 2019

+1 this problem in pc ... already happen forth time in 2 match... please fix this..

• TrainGoatTrainGoat Member Posts: 6

I was just playing the oni on the switch and this happened to me. I was able to get out by grabbing one or the survivors that decided to repair the generator, but after a few minutes of chasing, smacking, and breaking generators and pallets, till I got stuck again with no way out.

Earlier match i played as legion and had no issues, maybe it's a size thing?

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 828

The same thing just happened to me and I started a thread about it before I read this one.

• tkd_jedtkd_jed Member Posts: 2

I got stuck after damaging a generator 2 games in a row. I literally just had to stand there the rest of the game until the survivors escaped. This is complete BS and needs to be fixed. One game I was literally gonna win. 1 survivor dead, 2 survivors on basement hooks, and the last survivor fell into my bear trap right after I got stuck. I de-ranked and only got 10k points. I was robbed. Game developers, you owe me blood points and a rank up!

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 555

Happened to me on Wraith too. Twice.

• Cerberus6699Cerberus6699 Member Posts: 2

Happened to me twice when I was playing as Oni in a kyf lobby. It’s similar to the basement bug. From my perspective I appeared stuck inside the generator after I kicked it. But I was clearly moving around normally from my survivor friends perspectives.

• taylstertaylster Member Posts: 1

Platform i play on is pc. Been doing the challenge where you kill 4 obsessions, got 4/4 and its still not accepting the challenge as completed even though it is. I cant progress on the tome because of this. Is anyone had any similar problems?

• LegendaryWangLegendaryWang Member Posts: 3

The same thing has been happening to me while playing as the Hag. The bug is very annoying, but some unfortunate survivors managed to return to the gen that I was stuck on and I managed to get unstuck by grabbing them off it, or hitting them. I don't think they were able to see me in either case, weird.

• DranethDraneth Member Posts: 8

Happened to me as well, a lot. I also reported it because it's gamebreaking. Between this and the infinite carrying music loop it's pretty crappy to play killer right now.

• OishiiOishii Member Posts: 5

Happened for me as Doctor in my last game, both after kicking a generator or searching a locker. Again, have to wait for survivors to appear (which they do because apparently they can't see me) and then from their perspective they suddenly get hit out of nowhere.

Have sent the log file for this to the usual email address

• kottonkhandikottonkhandi Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2019

It's kinda funny. Survivors complain about basement bug, and it gets patched the next 1-2 days. Killers complain about getting stuck inside generators unable to move, still waiting on a fix. Survivor-sided devs.

Yeah, I am not touching killer until they fix this.

• kottonkhandikottonkhandi Member Posts: 11

We killers will be waiting a while. You should have posted this in the survivors, you'd likely get it looked at by a dev quicker. This bug and the basement bug have been going on around the same time, and of course which one gets patched first? Survivors complain, and devs go running, killers complain, devs add more cosmetics. Ridiculous.

• bl4ckheartsbl4ckhearts Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2019

ive had this bug twice just from kicking a gen you get stuck on it on pc, to thee survivors your not on the gen, if your lucky and one gets on the gen if u swing and hit them you get unstuck and teleported across the dam map, 1st time i was doctor on the coldwin map where the shack basement is dead centre and second time i was huntress on mount ormond

• RilakoRilako Member Posts: 1

I’ve encountered this bug too.

Platform: Nintendo switch

Description of the issue: Upon kicking the generator, the killer will get stuck (you can still move the camera, attack, and use your ability in this state). If the killer is able to interact with a survivor, the killer will be teleported to another part of the map and the immobilization is canceled. This bug happens with any killer presumably (I've experienced this on the Cannibal, Plague so far).

Steps to reproduce (if possible):

1. Start kicking a generator (any killer probably
    2. If your position was slightly off when kicking, you will be unable to move from the position you started kicking.

How often does this occur: Once every 2-3 games.

I don't have a clip from my own plays but there are numerous on Twitter (here's one: https://twitter.com/jupiterking_8/status/1202890791028326400 )

As much as I understand that the 3.4.0 update introduced many new things and everything is really exciting, this bug is heavily gamebreaking for the killer so I hope this gets the attention of the developers of this awesome game :)

• meeshomeesho Member Posts: 5

This has happened to me five times playing as hag on the nintendo switch. I'm not playing killer anymore till it's fixed. It's every match. Ridiculous.

Just played a match as a survivor and leatherface clearly kicked the gen I was working on (it was sparking as I ran past during the chase) and he doesn't get stuck? Wtf. It happened to me EVERY match when I played the hag.

• AtraXisAtraXis Member Posts: 2

Platform : PC

I also had this problem. I was stuck in the generator but survivors could see me free-roaming. It also happened in a custom match with a friend but this time I lunged into a wall before falling and got stuck (on léry's). Again, my friend could see me free-roaming while there was nothing I could do.

Steps to reproduce : We tried to reproduce this bug but it seems that it's completely random.

• Victor_hensleyVictor_hensley Member Posts: 305

Just had this happen to me too

It happened on PC on mount ormond

• MedicinalNovaMedicinalNova Member Posts: 2

This bug occured to me, however from the survivor's perspective i was stuck on the wall and teleported to the generator I was stuck inside when she got onto the generator and i attempted a grab. https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyScrumptiousKoalaJKanStyle Here is the survivor perspective.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 651

PC

Stuck inside a gen after kicking (Swamp with Clown, Badham and new Oni Map with Wraith)

On the Oni Map, a survivor started working on the gen and I was able to prompt the damage gen which just teleported me somewhere halfway across the map.

Happened while kicking the gen from the side near killer shack on swamp (2 person gen) and the front and side on the other 2 maps.

Total of 3 times today so far

• skyrimskyrim Member Posts: 1

im still getting suck every 3 to 2 gen and same with lockers :| i love killer but damn

getting stuck almost every game is annoying .

• RobertCopRobertCop Member Posts: 25

Just had this happen to me on a generator for the whole match. Also have got stuck twice on lockers but have got unstuck on them when checking locker again. On switch

edited December 2019

Well, since kicking the gens is a risk I am not damaging them anymore and I'm starting to run noed on every match. You could also try to tunnel someone to death to even de odds, but get ready for the salt if you do that.

I know it's not the ideal solution, but I've paid money for this game and I want to play the damn game. I know it's not the survivors' fault that the game is glitched but it isn't my fault the devs did a mistake either. I'm just trying to adapt to the situation without having to stop playing for a game I paid for.

• TopherRyanTopherRyan Member Posts: 3

This has happened to me multiple times. To my surprise last night it also happened to me opening a locker too. Killer is almost unplayable, I’m assuming that’s why the queue lines on switch have gotten shorter.

• TheOpinionMan6TheOpinionMan6 Member Posts: 1

Platform PC:

Just sat through a 1 hour Queue time only to get stuck towards the end of a game after kicking a generator. I would have gotten at least 3 kills but only got 2, FeelsBadMan.

The locker glitch is annoying, but if you open the locker again, you can warp out. Get stuck in a gen and the only way you can escape is if a survivor gets close enough for you to attack them. (which they don't do 99% of the time) I have even had survivors work on the other side of the gen I was stuck in.

• TopherRyanTopherRyan Member Posts: 3

I warped out and got stuck in the middle of the map.

• LemonknightLemonknight Member Posts: 2

I saw this happening to Otzdarva in this week.