Home Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

RANK UPDATE ERROR

Comments

• ZappyZappy Member Posts: 0

My main language is portuguese, so sorry for any grammatical issue

Classification update error has been occurring for more than 6 months, but is increasingly common.

Every 10 games played, the error occurs at least 8 or 9, but usually the error occurs in 10 games. If you have access to my games, check this out. I play multiple games a day and my rating rarely increases or decreases.

When the game is over the error happens and the only thing I can do is click "OK" and return to the lobby. Therefore, my rank is not updated, ie does not increase or decrease with each match.

OBS.: I uninstalled and installed the game again and the problem continues.

Please fix this error, it is becoming impossible to play the game without frustration. Thanks

• pedro951753pedro951753 Member Posts: 1

Tem acontecido o mesmo comigo porem em toda partida isso acontece, botei o jogo pra reparar mas como você reportou parece que isso não vai funcionar...

• DarktronikDarktronik Member Posts: 94

same here.

• radwulfradwulf Member Posts: 109

guys, you had fixed this, i had this error for over 8 months, but you fixed it when demo came out... why is it back again...

• YaguinniYaguinni Member Posts: 3

Ok, we are in January 20 right now, the problem is still there i have been playing like crazy with my friends, they are rank 15, 14 ,13 and i'm struggling in 18, because every damn game that i won a pip, this error pops, and send me to the start screen, is annoying, is Disrepectful with the player, i tried everything even german tutorials (I'm from LAN). Give us something, give us hope, give us something to stay with you, i payed almost DLC because i was very pumped with the game, but this, this make me regret every decision... Work this as you highest priority.

• gWoschgWosch Member Posts: 2

I was having the same issue, but i found out that my internet was the problem.

I downloaded a program called NoPing and the problem never happened again.

Here is the link, if you guys want to try it: https://www.nptunnel.com/

• SephisSephis Member Posts: 5
    edited January 21

Yeah it's back and annoying like ever. Half a year, the game was magically fixed and the rank update error disappeared (for me), today i restart the game for downloading the new patch and it is back again. Seriously, don't you dare any of you "mods" to say it is my fault (like half a year ago) that i get this error. FIND A SOLUTION.

Thank you.

Have a nice day. Or not. I dont care

• geofu098geofu098 Member Posts: 16

Yeah it's back... Those devs are doing nothing

• LofepramineLofepramine Member Posts: 158

Yep, I get it after every game since the update.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 4,457

You all on PC or a variety of platforms?

PC here.

• sluggingnursesluggingnurse Member Posts: 2

Got it every game now too. I'm on PC. When asking the Dbd Support about it you get an automated response from last year. Thanks for nothing i guess..

• Genesis5226Genesis5226 Member Posts: 1

I got it too, playing on Xbox.

• StopZombiesStopZombies Member Posts: 47

Is this a joke? I had this error for 9 solid months. You fixed it months ago and now it's back after today's patch. gg.

Can no longer rank up. Happens in every single game that I pip. Same error as before.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 4,457

Mmkay, thanks for the updates folks. Best I can do is make sure the team know. All you folks can do is the usual stuff... use wired over wireless, give your routers/modems a power down for 5-ish mins and back on to flush DNS to see if it helps.

But I WILL pass the info on. :)

• edogastedogast Member Posts: 146

already sent the log to the email. Happens when I walk out the exit gate, I'm forever stuck in Rank 7. Happens right after the Lunar event was implemented.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,853

Yes, this bug which took the devs about 6 months to fix for me last time, is back. Great. FFS.

edited January 22

Competent. :D

Nah, first report came with the Ash vs Evil dead DLC. They then fixed it for some of us, (after about 6 months) but it caused it to occur for others.

It's now come back for us with this update.

Ths bug came back after it preeviouslyt took 6 months to fix. and the topuc where i already voiced this has been deleted. nice.

• ManverouzManverouz Member Posts: 1

me too. this bug is since 2.6 i think. it's must be the most bug you have to more look at. because it's very crucial to the matchmaking and playing experience. i keep playing with the camper killer, unexperienced player, etc,. stop the cosmetic, this technical bug must be no. 1 attention. come on, you must have the way to solve it, cause its AN OLD BUG. OLD. BUG.

• UpsettingDruid0UpsettingDruid0 Member Posts: 20

Anytime I finish a game, either by dying or escaping, I get disconnected from the server for a rank update error and it prevents me from pipping or depipping. I have no idea what's causing it because I played one day, fine, after that, this constantly happens. If anyone knows a way to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it.

• RailtyRailty Member Posts: 6

Yep have the same issue every game stuck rank 2 killer no pipping. And along with everyone having this same problem, everyone also got the free rank 1 achievement.

"People are concerned about ranks currently, so lets just break the ranking system entirely and no one has to worry about it anymore" - BHVR (jk jk)

• seffardseffard Member Posts: 32

If you did at least a little bit of lazy research you'd know this is a super old bug and post on one of uncountable topics about it with an attached log file.🙂

Yeah, I have it since the update. It's getting ridiculously frustrating.

• RailtyRailty Member Posts: 6

@seffard i know but as of the new update, its happening literally every game now

Has this error for 9 solid months. It was fixed a few months ago. It's back with the last patch.

What is Behaviour doing about it?????

see attachments

• caerinthuscaerinthus Member Posts: 0

I can’t pip or rank up all i can do is black pip or lose a pip. happened to me 3 times already lmao this message pops up after i die.

• UpsettingDruid0UpsettingDruid0 Member Posts: 20

I also get player level update errors so no shards for me. Kinda discouraging that this is still a thing for months and there is no fix.