Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

What is wrong with you guys?

NoOneEscapesNancyNoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

You guys are such complainers, that you want everything nerfed. The second I got Spirit she got nerfed. I barely got Laurie and you guys are already crying to nerf DS?

What next? “NeRf BiLLy”

Comments

• Viracocha72Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207

Already seen somebody calling for and Oni nerf in the pind Q&A, haha.

• NoOneEscapesNancyNoOneEscapesNancy Member Posts: 204

I though these were gonna be such calm forums but every single day a new “nerf ____” post comes out

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2019

Someone knows when the Devs are gonna nerf mounstrous shrine?

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 1,755

I want the whole game nerfed 🤗

For real like there’s this thing called dealing with it and not getting mad

Great idea but nerf everything to the Same level so everything is balanced 😳

• KikkiKikki Member Posts: 526

Let's nerf every Killer so that Survivor can Survive every round 🤪🙄

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 1,613

Why don't we BUFF everything instead?

Mettle of Man now prevents Survivors from being downed. No activation required.

NOED is permanent and active from the start of the trial.

All hooks can be sabotaged and permanently destroyed.

Adrenaline grants a Survivor 10 health states and increases their movement to 230% for the remainder of the trial.

Devour Hope is no longer a hex nor requires hooks to activate; any Killer can now just instantly Mori downed Survivors.

PWYF now increases Killer movespeed by 500% and has no other requirements.

• LordEmrichLordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Yea it's no big deal. At least it's not like in Friday the 13th where they can carry around multiple pocket knifes and stun you multiple times when you grab them.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,965

DS is the single most impacting perk in the game and it's a passive at that. I think that kind of shows that it's a bit more powerful than it has any right to be.

This isn't even going into the duration of the stun which was moved to 5 seconds because of enduring, then they removed enduring being able to counter it but did not readjust the stun back. It should at most be 4 seconds.

I don't agree that DS should deactivate if someone else gets hooked though. That's too easy for the killer to play in their favor and means the killer has control of your perk rather than the other way around.. I would prefer that DS deactivates after exit gates are powered and/or if they attempt an unhook action on another hooked survivor. Basically, the only way it would deactivate is only because the survivor made a willing action to deactivate it (saving someone else while the timer is still up), or because it's now the end game.

Either a 1 second stun nerf, or making it deactivate under other EGC and/or unhooking someone else. One of those changes are the only thing I want. No other perk in the entire game impacts the game as much as DS does, it was balanced with a counter in mind that then got removed. Both of those facts alone proves that it's not balanced.

• BloodartistBloodartist Member Posts: 79

Survivors want everything nerfed and then they are going to cry that the game is boring or the queue takes too long (when there are no killers)

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,194

Or it's just fine and this game has more important problems than you being annoyed because you can't tunnel. Just saying

I wonder why a group of people are being toxic when people like you are constantly harassing them? It's so weird it's almost like survivors aren't bots and also play this game 🤔

• toxic_clowntoxic_clown Member Posts: 318

wait, you think people are JUST NOW saying nerf DS? lol

spirit was broken, DS is a lame crutch perk that that punishes the killer for your mistakes. buffs and nerfs happen. idk what to tell you.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 5,833

Was literally about to comment this.

People were talking about wanting to nerf (new) DS from basically the time it got buffed to 5 seconds and Enduring got changed so it doesn't affect it.

slugging is like hooking except it doesn't bring survivors closer to death hook. The more you know

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,041

People complaining about nerfing is the real shame, as far as they dont understand that certains issues need nerfs.

Nerfs can sometimes be something to complain about when everyone is calling for them at once. Only sometimes, of course

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,965

I've tunneled more since the DS rework than before it, because there's no way I'm putting up with having to deal with DS by end game. So no, it's not because I want to tunnel, it's because I'm tired of being punished whether I tunnel or whether I don't and I'm absolutely tired of trying to keep four [BAD WORD] 60 second timers in my head and remembering who I hooked when, especially when multiple of the same survivors who look very much alike are around.

Also the amount of times that a survivor that just got unhooked runs at me in the basement and attempts to unhook the guy I literally just plopped on there and then claims I tunneled them after the match is over is extremely high. So long as the killer apparently picks someone up after 60 seconds, they're tunneling apparently according to survivors, regardless of any of the context.

DS is not fine. It wasn't fine the moment they removed Enduring from countering it. I wasn't against that change so long as they rebalanced the stun timer afterwards, but they just said "naw" and left it there, which is stupid.

It's like if Ruin is how it was now, and then they just removed the ability to cleanse it. The only counter to Ruin now being "just hit great skill checks lol". That's exactly the condition they left DS in. They increased the stun timer to balance it because of Enduring and then just removed the ability to counter it with enduring and simply left it in that state.

• KuromiStarwindKuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2019

You do realize that forums are generally used for feedback, about the things people would like to see changed in the game, right? They're not a place for feel good, happy posts.

Not that I condone idiotic posts of "NERF X" because they fall on deaf and ignorant ears, but there's a lot of good discussion and feedback that people post on these forums. You're just unlikely to find it in the post from an OP.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 10,822

Nerf Hillbilly?

Can't happen, you already have him.

It's gonna be whoever you unlock next.