Home Discussions General Discussions
Hit Validation has been re-enabled. This time around, it will be left on indefinitely.
For more information, see this blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864

Why do I have to grind for other perks?

2»

Comments

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,332

Fair enough. As I see it, Ruin is an essential perk in the same way that BBQ is an essential perk. It's not, you can definitely play without it, but it's top-tier for good reason, because it makes a lot of things, most notably the bloodpoint grind (in the case of BBQ), much easier.

I intentionally said "such an essential perk" not just "an essential perk" because like you, I believe that Ruin is not essential for a good killer, however it is more essential to the average killer than most standalone perks because it makes exerting pressure in the early game so much easier. And the fact that, for whatever reason, certain perks or builds are so highly regarded above others is a problem for which the design of the game is at least partially responsible.

However, I realise that a lot of that probably didn't come across as well as I might have liked in my original comment, so I hope I've explained myself better by expanding on it here.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,332

Fair enough. You seem like someone who particularly enjoys exploring unique builds and discovering underrated perks, so with how hard everyone fixates on Ruin as the one perk you MUST have if you don't want to LOSE, I can understand why.