Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thanks for killing Oni.

Comments

• imlegionimlegion Member Posts: 62

Y’all are forgetting one thing killers still have a vacuum affect to the hook survivors don’t have that going through pallets anymore yeah it’s a exploit but killers can be 10 ft from the hook and get the option to hook u they latterly slide to the hook it’s more annoying when you wiggle bar is 97 or 98 percent then 5 ft from the hook the killer magically slides to the hook care about issues not the fact you can’t get gud

• MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

They said the keyboard flicking was not intended, friend. If flicking in its entirety wasn't allowed, @Janick wouldn't have said what he said. I'm not trying to start anything but if you're going to die on a hill, make sure you're dying on one that is actually factual. The mouse turning is supposed to exist. As of now, it is bugged until otherwise confirmed.

Not the time nor place, bud.

• The_Second_ComingThe_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

You know what's silly? They nerf the one Oni that was never really intended to be there in the first place and people are upset...but nobody is talking about the true crime here. The Nightmare nerfs.

Imagine thinking the Nightmare was overpowered in any way.

• SadLegionSadLegion Member Posts: 221

Hey lets nerf new fun killer into a trash tier with other m1 killers week after release so noone can refund anymore 🤡 Yeah im not buying anything from this company anymore

The keyboard and mouse flicks are tied to the same engine control. They both perform the same action. They are one and the same.

Then why could they be doubled up pre patch? Janick said you're supposed to flick with the mouse and as of right now it isn't working as such. There's no evidence they're tied to the same engine control.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 1,086

Regardless of what he's saying, you can't flick past like 20 degrees with the mouse.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,823

well it is SIGNIFICANTLY effected by the change

everyone who has played him after the patch can see this

• Zombieman56Zombieman56 Member Posts: 3

Why are people bitching about everything. I been playing DBD for a long time and i don't really ######### about how they fix things in the game. That is the only things i see in these forms about how the devs fixed a park or killer and 90% of people just ######### and crying how they "nerfed" it in the game.

• antgnsteaantgnstea Member Posts: 853
    edited December 2019

That is far from truth. I played as Oni quite a lot recently, without using camera turning options, with just mouse. And now after the update, any turning hits are impossible to apply. while dashing. I agree and would've been totally fine with only Q,E angle changes, but this seems overkill. With mouse you are completely useless when survivor turns around.

Should we just hope survivors we are facing would be inexperienced and only to run in straight line?

I'm praying its a bug. Oni is super fun to play and watching you play him is the most entertaining DBD gameplay I've seen since launch.

• tak47888tak47888 Member Posts: 106

I am still able to flick with Q and E, but it feels...different. It feels like the oni doesn't dash forward anymore during the flick, which kinda sucks. He is definetly less fun to play for me now.

• snax9111snax9111 Member Posts: 67

Rip Oni. its sad

now killers have billy going on for them.

after billy's nerf (which alot of ppl asking for it)

killers will be extinct, more than now, and survivor Q's will be super bad, cause playing killer wont be fun anymore.

either play like a scum (camp,tunnel,etc)

or end the game with not having all 4 bbqs. ( just bbq not kills)

which is the worst feeling in the game

Uh...Okay. You actually don't know what you're talking about. I get it now.

I'll say it as simple as possible:

The mouse movement (whether on survivor or killer) and left/right on the keyboard (whatever you have them bound to because they aren't bound by default), are bound to the SAME action at an engine level. They do the SAME thing in game. In some cases, the keyboard, being digital, offers something the mouse doesn't - the ability to perform fill-tilt, balls to the wall sharp turns (ala - Hillbilly steering). In some cases, the mouse, which is more or less analog, is better because it provides better control over precise movements, especially for Billy's flick. Whatever you're using to perform this action, they are the same action, and the game recognizes them as doing the same thing. Basically, you can't change one without changing the other.

The reason the mouse worked so well is because it offered greater control over the movement, because of it's analog nature, where as the keyboard, when used, has one speed and only one speed. There's no modifier. It's why most people who are good at Billy use the keyboard to steer his sprint, and the mouse to perform is chainsaw flick. Oni operated the same way. Just so happens, you can't 180 around corners with the mouse anymore on Oni. Big deal.

Next time, try to know what you're talking about before making pseudo intellectual statements.

You're one angry little man, ain'tcha?

Keyboard and mouse-flicking are not tied to the same engine and exist as separate entities. It's the way the game works. Read what @Janick said, my dude. Also, try formatting your angry rant better, I don't want to read a whole essay on why I've got rocks for a brain.

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

😂😂😂

• RizzoRizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 13,861

Please keep the discussion civil and respectful.

• LmronbyLmronby Member Posts: 339

I love the Oni; but just cause he can't turn as hard doesn't make him not viable; especially since it wasn't even intended.

@Janick Yes it was. Read Janick's post in this thread. Keyboard flicks were no bueno. Mouse flicks were.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,823

how dare people complain about bad changes, they should just eat #########

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,483
    edited December 2019

Ya’ll complaining about the removal of the flick are looking like absolute clowns. I’ve been dominating on console even before these changes. We don’t have “the flick”. It’s never been needed to do well. If you’ve relied so heavily on the flick to do well then you are not a good Oni player. It’s the exact same as if you’ve relied on the forever Freddy build. The nerfs to his add-ons were needed. Now people who relied on that build are jumping ship because they can’t be carried to victories anymore. Same with the Nurse nerf (which was needed). Now that she has a limit on her very powerful ability to end chases very fast, people jump ship and call her trash because she’s less forgiving to play.

when something is clearly too powerful or was unintended and it gets removed, the players who abused it cry and whine because they have to use actual skill in order to do well with the killers affected. This is why we can’t have nice things.

the Oni is labelled HARD for a reason. Difficulty is a measurement of how long it takes to fully learn and master a killer. I didn’t do to great with him for the first couple of days but after binging him constantly, using his power is just muscle memory. You do NOT play Oni like any M1 killer, that’s how you lose.

Of course that's make him not viable. When you enter blood fury stage while chasing a survivor you better hope they don't run into a loop. In loops you had a chance even facing good survivors. Now you can't do jack in a loop while your fury is active. What are you going to do? Each time a survivor runs into a loop you just leave them an try to find someone else with no clue where to start. Yeah sure, that's seems like a viable strategy.

You're aware that in Fury mode, he breaks pallets faster and can dash afterwards to immediately be on a survivors back again, right? Why does nobody highlight literally everything else he can do and pretend like the flick is literally his only strength.

• PandaChrisPandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited December 2019

I always used the mouse with Oni. From my perspective currently, yes, you can turn 45 degrees but the turn feels slower and the majority of the turn seems to happen at the last half second.

What that basically means is corner turning is slower and moving survivors have a greater chance at getting to the distance where the lunge will miss. The oni still isnt terrible but he is quite worse now.

• the devs will stop with the killer nerfs when there is no one anymore playing killer. wont take long anymore at this point.

Good job devs again.

Really sad.

In case you missed some of the points made here, Most of us complaining cause they didn't just remove FLICK, they also took away turning ability with mouse, not even 45 degree left with him.

Another thing is HARD label. Those labels based on the difficulty level of playing a killer only with their 3 unique perks. In Oni's case they should have labeled him EXTREMELY HARD.

• PandaChrisPandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited December 2019

I think the thing is that its fantastic you break pallets faster. But pallets are in loops and if your turning is slower on the lunge (which it currently is using the mouse) then you have a lot less chance to actually hit a survivor now in loops. So, breaking the pallet doesnt really mean anything, catching up to a survivor doesnt mean anything, when loops screw you over. Most survivors i think will be able to loop him on tight corners quite easily now.

Again he isnt terrible now. But Billy can essentially turn better then him now and doesnt have to charge a power.

Are you aware of charge time for that strike and so limited range of it?

Yes, extremely aware because I’ve been playing him non stop. He takes almost no time to charge the strike. The difficulty lies in hitting it but when you get used to the feel of it, that’s no longer an issue. Besides, If it was any easier to land it would be considered broken and it would undoubtably get nerfed. Not every killer needs to be incredibly easy to use, which is what a lot of people seem to want. Skill is something that is so severely lacking amongst a lot of people and it shows.

• Bill_I_Am__OverbeckBill_I_Am__Overbeck Member Posts: 309
    edited December 2019

Myers is now much better than Oni. Increased vault speed cancels out a lot of safe windows, and you can hold your tier 3 until you get right on a survivor. No need to go through any battle cry animation or charge up, just stab and they're down. They try to 180 you? Just flick your mouse. You don't even have to injure a survivor in order to stalk them.

For a killer that makes you play as a regular M1 killer in order to even get your power boosted up, it seems like a measly reward when survivors can now just dodge your charge out in the OPEN. You miss the charge attack? You'll suffer the same cool down as Billy, but now with less time on the clock - and you'll need to charge up your sprint ability again in order to make up for lost ground.