Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why do so many Pigs tunnel off the hook.

2»

Comments

• SavouryRainSavouryRain Member Posts: 339

Lol, I forgot that I can completely elude every single killer ever

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

No, you can't. You're gonna have to learn to deal with those losses.

• MadArtilleryMadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited May 2020

I suppose a secondary reason could also be that if you tunnel someone into dcing you actually get more points than if they die from the trap, as stupid as that is. If the pig in particular is particularly point hungry I could see a few doing it. I've certainly uh benefited from it before when people dc trying to deny me hat points.

Pig also has a lot of addons specifically designed to tunnel hatted players. Mangled, exausted, even aura reading. Pigs the only character with tunneling litterally built into her addons. She is I suppose the ultimate queen of tunneling by design.

I deal with it just fine, thank you. I am allowed to feel annoyed if the killer comes back and immediately shoots me off hook, for instance.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Sure, you're allowed, but you made it sound like you're looking for a way to survive 100% of the time no matter what.

Ah, no that wasn't my intention. Someone commented that in order to not go down after being tunneled off the hook, you have to play better. Hence why my statement "yeah, because I can elude every killer all the time," because even the best survivors get hooked.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

The problem with tunnelling trapped survivors is that it's so easy. There are generally 4 places a survivor is likely to be, and 99.9% of the time, they'll be injured.

Ironically, you are better off ignoring them entirely since they are basically written off as they're only concerned with removing their trap. If you run across a trapped survivor, then slug them. It'll apply more pressure on the other survivors. Just don't go out of your way to find them.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I don't see too many that do. But maybe I'm just lucky. I've seen a couple that do. It's much more likely that a wraith is camping or a ghostface is proxy camping. Seen a lot of Huntresses who don't stray far from the hook either.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited May 2020

I personally really like to do yes-yes with the snout to downed and trapped survivors, and if you do that without a good ol' tunnel it feels less satisfying.

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,480

A couple points:

-This is like a 5 month old post Necro

-The whole "just play better" comment is completely pointless and stupid to make here, as that's not the point of this topic. The topic is "why do they do it," not "I can't beat this pls nerf."

Feel how you want about going against Pig, but whether or not it's possible to beat, it's still annoying to go against. It's similar to a facecamping Leatherface in that regard. Does anybody think it's impossible to escape against Leatherface? No, but it's still stupid when a killer uses such a tactic because it's only really something that benefits lazy killers who settle for the low hanging fruits and just want easy sleezy kills.

It's honestly sad to see people try to turn the topic into "just play better."

• TheChosen0N3TheChosen0N3 Member Posts: 98

I understand that but this is the whole reason bbq and make your choice are perks regardless to how many killers they have every pig has make your choice so its no excuse

• DwightSupremacyDwightSupremacy Member Posts: 6

I slug the trap and then camp it and it helps me win games. Survivors are stupid and always go for saves so free win for me. They not very good at chases just hold m1 on gens

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

You are not thinking of total map control/pressure. If I have one with a trap on his head running around trying to find a box and another being chased, I have 2 off the gens. If I'm tunneling down the one with the trap on his head, I have 3 on the gens. I lose. I prefer to have one trapped, one slugged, one in chase. That is all 4 likely off gens.