PS4 overheating only on DbD

SolAkiraSolAkira Member Posts: 8
My PS4 keeps overheating only when I open this game. It works like a charm on anything else but as soon as I open this game and get into a menu it overheats and cuts off. Anyone else ever had this problem or currently have this problem 

Comments

• NoI3rainNoI3rain Member Posts: 1

@SolAkira said:
    My PS4 keeps overheating only when I open this game. It works like a charm on anything else but as soon as I open this game and get into a menu it overheats and cuts off. Anyone else ever had this problem or currently have this problem 

I have this to, i start the game it loads then my ps4 is beeping goes out and blinks red for a few secs
    Did the game just broke my ps4 WTF O.o

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 348
    Yee my ps4 starts heating up like crazy too as soon as I get the press x to start screen
  • nathar_92nathar_92 Member Posts: 2

Got the same error, switching with another one: you will be logged out on PS4 due to an error (NP-34937-6)... was looking forward to play the game...

• mattieboi14mattieboi14 Member Posts: 17
    Same for me @SolAkira
  • CreepingDeath187CreepingDeath187 Member Posts: 3
    Mine too! It’s crazy this is the only game to ever make my console fans act like this. Play anything else and minimal fan sound. Game is seriously broken
  • slingshotsurvivorslingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 476
    Yeah my friend can't play either his fan kicks in. He did have the disc and switched to the digital version and that is when it started happening. 
  • yandrak89yandrak89 Member Posts: 1

I have the same problem. I have the disc (I already had the game before it came out for free) and the fan is running at full power. Could it be a server problem or the latest update?

• HouseOfRobHouseOfRob Member Posts: 1
    Same issue for me, all I've found from searching are other forums of the same issue. While the game was installing, once the data was at the percentage that you can start the game, I was able to get in an play the tutorial. When the game finished and I started it again, crashed at the same place as everyone else. Hopefully since PS+ has it up and more people are playing, this issue will get attention from the devs. 
  • hard2tumblehard2tumble Member Posts: 5
    Its not the game its your ps4 it could have a lot of dust on the fan or your thermal paste is going out
  • nathar_92nathar_92 Member Posts: 2

hard2tumble, wouldn't it be way too coïncidental that a lot of people are having this problem ONLY with Dead by Daylight?

Once I loaded into the games servers where you select which mode (survivor/killer) the fans quieted right down. So my fan noise is only when you press X to play. 
    Its not the game its your ps4 it could have a lot of dust on the fan or your thermal paste is going out
    NO it’s the game! My PS4 has NEVER made a noise like that and after when I played rainbow6 it was silent! 
  • SkunkkieSkunkkie Member Posts: 3
    edited August 13

Same here can play every game there is except DbD.
    Sometimes i can play DbD when when not getting stuck loggin in because of server issues .
    The ps4 turns into a fighterjet trying to read a autosave -.- ' so yea no wonder they give this as a ps plus game. Only so you can buy a ps4 pro that doesnt run this hot on reading a simple autosave because of a bad made main menu & dont say it isnt because Cod , Fortnite , Battlefield Eso,Gta V etc. Al work fine without any overheating problems even when leaving the ps4 on all day . If the Devs care enough they will fix it otherwise rip DbD for most console players.Maby wait for a new survival game with a Dev that can create a main menu without all the animated stuff that just works on console . And have servers running longer then they are down and while your at it maby take out random reverse of the y-axis so you dont have to switch it on and off again while being chased.

Btw losing rank for getting disconnected every game because of server issues is also a gr8 system.

Peace!

Post edited by Skunkkie on
  • msteffanmsteffan Member Posts: 3
    This is the buggiest game ever! Downloaded a few days ago, my partner can’t play on his PS4 however as it just says the PS4 has to shut down from overheating, even after downloading several times. I however was able to play for a few days on my PS4. Few issues I had, my character level reset which was annoying, and there is a lot of lag and disconnection problems with the server. I love the game itself and was quite addicted. Then I spent money on the in game currency, now later today, it won’t let me get past the loading screen and makes the PS4 fan go so loud! Convenient after I’ve spent money with them. Really angry! Ridiculous developers! Get it sorted or you’ll be giving my money back! 
  • jwentzel987jwentzel987 Member Posts: 134
    I havent had overheating issues but my playstation does sound like a airplane being ready for take off sometimes when I launch the game lol
  • LouWavyLouWavy Member Posts: 0
    Ok, so i might have found a fix. After i skipped the cutscene and as soon as i heard my playstation start to overheat I put it in rest mode. When i turned it back on i was able to log on without a problem.
  • MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,264

I'm going to need more information about this - if you get past the title screens and into a game are you still having the overheating issues, or is it just when the game starts up?

If i get Past titlescreen i dont have any issues of overheating its only with reading the autosave at start up untill i'm logged in . Hope it will get fixed soon & also random reverse of the y-axis mid game should get fixed .
    Peace

• SariefSarief Member Posts: 543

have this "overheating" issue in loading screen of this game and deus ex: mankind divided.
    Have "new" ps4 pro so shutdown never occurred, but I imagine it to occur it I'd let it be for half an hour.
    Overheating is a hardware issue, you have to clean your ps4 from time to time if you don't keep it in clean environment.

• BieLeyBieLey Member Posts: 46

@MandyTalk said:
    I'm going to need more information about this - if you get past the title screens and into a game are you still having the overheating issues, or is it just when the game starts up?

Just downloaded the game and I have the problem aswell, the overheating issue is also when in game, but it starts when I press X to start.

Also a lag and framedrop comes with it when playing games.

• BieLeyBieLey Member Posts: 46

@MandyTalk said:

Just downloaded the game and I have the problem aswell, the overheating issue is also when in game, but it starts when I press X to start.

Also a lag and framedrop comes with it when playing games.

edited August 20

@Sarief said:
    have this "overheating" issue in loading screen of this game and deus ex: mankind divided.
    Have "new" ps4 pro so shutdown never occurred, but I imagine it to occur it I'd let it be for half an hour.
    Overheating is a hardware issue, you have to clean your ps4 from time to time if you don't keep it in clean environment.

Lol you have A New ps4 pro that does this also full of dust and no thermal?? Cleaned my ps4 this week and applied new thermal paste . And still got this problem Only by this game and only overheating at startup game if it doesnt overheat @ startup i can play it the whole day if servers are up all day .

• SariefSarief Member Posts: 543

@Skunkkie said:

@Sarief said:

Lol you have A New ps4 pro that does this also full of dust and no thermal?? Cleaned my ps4 this week and applied new thermal paste . And still got this problem Only by this game and only overheating at startup game if it doesnt overheat @ startup i can play it the whole day if servers are up all day .

no, I have a problem where CPU goes haywire and load on processor is too big. This causes overheat.
    overheat causes increase on CPU (maybe GPU? didn't debug) fans, this results in the sound everyone hears.
    The sound of fan doing 100%
    this is normal for any machine

now, the problem most likely lies inside connecting to server and waiting for answer. This behaviour is normally observed when client waits for response from server, but code for that is done wrong. For example

while (!answerReceived) {}

this will create infinite cycle that checks for answer and wait until it's received. Since program can do the code, it will do it as fast as possible. Since it's not waiting for anything, and nothing else uses CPU, it will use 100%. Using 100% is guaranteed overheat and that's why fans kick in.

What everyone experiences is the problem with overuse of hardware in log-in screen. If it does not receive answer from server (happened few days ago) it will be stuck in this cycle and machine will continue using maximum of what it can.

Second problem everyone experiences is ps4 shutdown. This is safety mechanism when fans are not enough to cool ps4. It's normal if fans have a lot of dust - they slow down. If thermal paste is bad/old it's going to overheat faster than fans cool the processor down. Bonus points if it's summer and +30 in the air. There no rocket science behind this.

tl;dr the overheat caused by bad code during log-in check for answer from server. The shutdown is caused by continuous overheat causes ps4 to shutdown as safety measure.

fast fix: put there "wait(100 milliseconds)"

• MichaelAMyersMichaelAMyers Member Posts: 77
    edited September 26

Yeah, I am having the same issue here.....this was not a problem recently but ever since I can't even get to the X screen and I just cleaned my PS4 today and tried to test it out to make sure it isn't my system fault....so yeah it just completely overheats for no reason and turns off.

Note: I had this game since the 3rd week of release on PS4 and it hasn't started this until Sep of this year.....it started out of NO WHERE I can't even get pasted the damn loading screen! it just goes blue screen and instant turn off so NO it's not my system! I even cleaned it out 9/26/2018.

• AmbassadorLoliAmbassadorLoli Member Posts: 13
    I will add to this that as a PC player when I am at the main menu "press button to continue" I notice some odd things like my hard drive will begin reading much faster than needed with plenty of noise, and my monitor will make a high pitch noise, upon pressing a button and entering the actual game this all goes way, so I imagine whatever goes on during the main menu must be twice as intense for a console lmao.
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 2,520

@MichaelAMyers said:
    Yeah, I am having the same issue here.....this was not a problem recently but ever since I can't even get to the X screen and I just cleaned my PS4 today and tried to test it out to make sure it isn't my system fault....so yeah it just completely overheats for no reason and turns off.

Note: I had this game since the 3rd week of release on PS4 and it hasn't started this until Sep of this year.....it started out of NO WHERE I can't even get pasted the damn loading screen! it just goes blue screen and instant turn off so NO it's not my system! I even cleaned it out 9/26/2018.

Can you uninstall the game and re-download to see if you can get past the screen?

• SonGokuSonGoku Member Posts: 1
    edited October 1
    Dude it's been about a month now I can't even play anymore
  • MichaelAMyersMichaelAMyers Member Posts: 77
    fcc2014 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

Can you uninstall the game and re-download to see if you can get past the screen?

Did that 10 times....but I cleaned out my system for a complete overhaul.
  • aseasoninhellaseasoninhell Member Posts: 1

When this was first released on PS Plus the only problem I had was getting connected to a server, after an update I was able to play for a short time. Then a new update came and suddenly the game would cause my PS4 to overheat ever time I tried to play, I couldn't get passed the loading screen before a blue warning screen came up. I hadn't tried to play for a while, but after seeing two new updates since the last time I tried to play I figured I would give it a shot. This time I didn't even get a blue warning screen, the light on my PS4 turned red and the console shut down. Never had a problem with any other game, I run Fallout 4 with over a dozen mods and Spotify playing at the same time with no problems at all. If this game hasn't turned my PS4 into an expensive paper weight, it will most definitely be deleted from my hard drive as I am not going to risk this broken game destroying my console.