2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Reddit Q&A | March 5, 2018

not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 744
edited June 2018 in Q&A sessions

Question from saturos47

Why are you hesitant to toss out small buffs to the worst perks frequently? What harm is there in, for example, buffing the numbers on Prove Thyself a bit?

Answer

There is larger issues that require some fixes and balance before we review the low tier perks. Once we have a good foundation, there will be place for something like a PERK REHAUL and low tier perks will get some attention.

Post edited by not_Queen on

Comments

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 744
    edited May 2018

Question from CptHuggleskins

With the state the scratch marks and sound are in, will there be any fixes or changes made to those for killers anytime soon? Without bloodhound, it can be really hard to track in maps like Lery's. And as a Huntress player, tight maps with basically no line of sight are already bad enough for me, as I'm not that great.

Answer

We are aware of these issues and we are actively working on (sound + scratch marks). These issues are a core part of the killer gameplay and are the first step to make for killer gameplay balance, which is why we aren't looking for alternatives, we want to fix them first.

edited May 2018

Question from OnyxDarkKnight

1. Since ranking is now going to be based on the emblem system, once that is implemented, will you boost the amount of BP survivors get? As of right now, I barely get enough points to make it worth playing them. I'm forced to play killer for BP that I can invest into my survivors.
    2. Since in the last stream Mathieu mentioned that The Entity creates maps based on the inhabitants memories, does that mean we will get maps based on the survivor's memories?
    3. Is there any chance we'll get the ability to customize the main menu as we want it? I personally enjoyed the winter event main menu music the most and would love to have it instead of the normal one.
    4. Have you seen the videos by marth88? I want to know when are you going to finally fix swf, since it is such an overpowered feature. I hope it is your top priority and you'll release something asap.

Answer

1. We have no intention on boosting survivor BP gain
    2. Dave isn't here right now so I am a bit at loss with lore questions :(
    3. That is not something we are planning to do.
    4. We think the Emblem system will be taking a lot of pressure off the killer's shoulders
    edited May 2018

Question from mcgani

The Game map is a really cool idea, but in terms of function it is a nightmare (and not in the fun way). It's well lit, not foggy, full of dead-ends, and it's almost impossible to hide once you're spotted.

I could deal with all that, and I do, but I beg of you one single fix: sounds. Can we at least have muffled sounds if the killer/generator we're hearing is on a different level, like how it is when hiding in a locker? This would be such a small yet helpful change, especially since the map is so small so any increases to terror radius has your heart pounding the entire match.

ETA another question: can we get some love to No Mither sometime soon? The fact that the Killer can see the icon completely negates the recovery from dying state.

Answer

Sound is an issue we are actively working on.

As for No Mither, nothing is being done about that perk for now. We want to fix larger issues first and once we have a good ground, the Design team would like to do a PERK REHAUL which would include a lot of tweaks for a large amount of perks.

edited May 2018

Question from sbarbagianni

Some killers are heavily addons-dependant while others have a base kit good enough to be played competitively addonless. Is it a design choice? If yes, what's the motivation behind that?
    Do you plan to introduce more non-time limited offerings that can affect the game?

Answer

Matthew Spriggens, Lead Game Designer
    Our goal is to make all killers reasonably viable without addons. Addons are specifically designed to enhance and encourage specific gameplay style. That said, we also want to have a PERK (and addons) REHAUL at some point.

edited May 2018

Question from yaboi_gengarboi

In the patch notes for patch 1.7.0, you guys said that you decreased the killer window vault anination time from "2.667 to 1.5' seconds, but yet the current killer window vault animation takes 1.9 seconds to complete. Is this intentional or a bug?

Answer

Hi! This question started an investigation on our end! Our animators / programmers / map designers are currently discussing this! (will keep you posted)
    EDIT: This is something that should be fixed on specific killers with the next major patch!

edited May 2018

Question from thejuicyfruit187

What is going to be done to improve the gameplay experience of killers, particularly at high rank.

Answer

The first step will be to fix core gameplay issues (scratch marks + sounds) which is something we are actively working on. The Emblem system should also take off some of the pressure on the killer side. There is a lot of other issues we are looking into but those are the most concrete ones I can talk about today.

edited May 2018

Question from LDRsLips

Will Sole Survivor ever work as intended? It seems to only work consistently with Object of Obsession and Nurse's Calling, not so much other AURA perks like BBQnChili.

Answer

This perk is a bit like Tinkerer, it isn't a perk that scales very well with the new additions in the game.

Yes, the intended use would be to block perks like BBQ&Chili and even all the killer aura reading addons. It isn't behaving as intended.

edited May 2018

Question from I_h8_memes

Repeating my question from last time, as well as adding something new:

"I was wondering, how influential are the people who stream your game with a big following to your design/balance decisions or other workloads.

While I think it's cool to involve people outside of BHVR who have a high understanding of the game, I'm a bit worried that, without naming names, certain streamers have biases and opinions that would be damaging to the player base at large, because such changes would be more beneficial to their life as a streamer and their ease of making entertaining matches to rake in the donations.

As an average pleb player, I like having some mystery hype about upcoming, non-confirmed content or balance changes from the streamers I watch. I get worried when certain streamers brag about having BHVR "on a leash", for lack of a better phrase. Making claims that they were the biggest reason for one decision or another, or that if someone tilts them in a game they can reach out on twitter or their friends list and get that person banned. It's one thing to have easier video proof of someone legitimately breaking TOS of the game with hundreds of witnesses, it's another to get mad at someone who may be playing like a dick, but still within the confines of the rules of the game, and then want to pull special favors for petty vengeance."

Second question: Recently it has been stated by you guys that you hate the idea of doing any more exclusive skins because the idea of excluding people doesn't sit well with you. How do you reconcile this idea while also having skins that regularly go for $100-$400 on ebay because they are exclusive to a specific region? It's one thing to stand firm against the notion of making "Console exclusive" cosmetics, but it's weird to see you talk about that while Golden Feng Min and Donkey Jacket David are relatively recent cosmetics that were created solely to be exclusive.

Answer

We always look around for feedback, reactions, suggestions. We do it on forums, surveys, focus groups, streams, etc.

Granted, streamers have a good platform to get attention, but they aren't the base of our feedback gathering. As for how they ''have us on a leach'' well, that is simply false. As I stated, our team gets feedback from all around the Community, not streamers only.

As for reports, every player needs to fill in a report to get a ban applied (I even do it, and it is treated by someone else on the moderator team. Ethically, it is better.), streamers aren't different. The only advantage I can see them having is that they already have videos ready for the report but their reports are treated like everyone else's.

edited May 2018

Question from pizzagay121

Since F13 game said they can't add the 2009 remake of Jason Voorhes because they don't own the license to the studio who made it. Since you now have the rights to the studio who owns all of the remake horror villains. Will there be a chance that you will add 2009 Jason Voorhes?

Answer

Sorry I cannot answer that question. Any business deal like licensing is done way over my paygrade. (not_Queen)

edited May 2018

Question from brycw

Will pallet stuns ever be reverted back to the middle of the drop animation, and will the pallet vacuum be fixed soon?

Answer

The first step with pallets is to finish and implement the pallet generation tool which would put a limit on the amount of pallets / specific map and will separate unsafe and safe pallet.