The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report issues with perks and add-ons.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

Please be sure to include the perk name in the title like this: [Brutal Strength] I'm too strong!

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Platform:
Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

This perk has been broken for over 4 months now.

DeltinDeltin Member Posts: 240

This is going in general because over 3tabs of the same thing in bug reports have been ignored.

Sole Survivor. yes not that great of a perk, but a perk non the less.

the fact of the matter is,

1. every time someone dies no tokens appear on the perk (so it doesn't work to begin with)
  2. The perk doesn't work against Infectious fright or any "new Aura reading perks" from plague onwards. (Distortion does though.)
  3. It de-activates if 1 person escapes even if they leave you to die via the hatch.
  4. Back to #1, the perk doesn't work in the first place. please fix this.

I know i'll be warned for not posting in the "correct discussion" but over 5 pages of ignored reports there, so here it is.

Comments

• DeltinDeltin Member Posts: 240
  • AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 202

It isn't supposed to work against infectious fright anyway

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 6,248
    edited January 12

It doesn't say anything about tokens though, so I don't think that's a bug. It's more like Thana where it goes by the survivor HUD icon.

I don't use it but I'm pretty sure Distortion does NOT work against Infectious, because Infectious is a notification bubble not an aura. If it does that is really weird, plus I'm sure you still scream. SS shouldn't work against it either because it's not aura based. The only perk that does (and should) work against it is Calm Spirit.

• BiggsBiggs Member Posts: 71

same combo surge with pop goes to weasel... if you down someone and surge will activate your charge of pop will dissapear.. an fix or shall we wait another months to fix it ?

• ElvenmonkElvenmonk Member Posts: 211

Then update it?

It says aura reading abilities.

That's like saying balanced landing doesn't work on some falls or dead hard doesn't work against some m1

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 202

Wait so distortion works against infectious fright? I'd assumed because it was a scream only calm spirit countered it.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 1,531

You are confusing things here. There are 3 ways for the killer to track survivors via power/perks:

1. Killer instinct. Introduces with Legion's frenzy. So far uncounterable by any means.
    2. General position. Doctor's madness tier-ups, Infectious Fright, and Rancor show these. Only counterable with Calm Spirit.
    3. Aura reading. The aura, an outline of the body is shown for a specific time. The most accurate one, but also counterable the easiest. Lockers, Distortion, hiding behind other auras are all means to deny that.

Sole Survivor works as intended here, because it only blocks aura-reading. If you wanna evade Infectious Fright, use Calm Spirit, or go into a locker (they shadownerfed it).

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 3,234
    edited January 12

Infectious fright ins't an aura perk what you see is a indicator that its a survivor "explosion" and not something else, just like how Spies from the Shadows has a crow so you can tell it was the perk.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 6,248

Infectious is not an aura. It is a notification. Not the same thing.

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 271

This perk screams "pls pair me with OoO"

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,887

Please do not post a bug report in General Discussions deliberately...nothing is ignored in the Bug Reports section, comments are only made on the threads there if more information is needed - due to time.

• yandere777yandere777 Member Posts: 515

Oh its almost as if it was intended to be used with object of obsession and ds. Hmmmm such a coincidence lmao

• Malik1178Malik1178 Member Posts: 10

In my opinion it doesnt matter at all. Name one time you have seen a survivor actually use sole survivor in their actual build besides if there trying to get lauries teachable. If no one uses it, it doesnt really matter. If they rework the perk then maybe some people will start using it

• AtchooAtchoo Member Posts: 223

Well I reported a bug there 3 patches ago and it is still in the game. I highly doubt every bug report gets read. I have reported it 3 times after every single PTB. ANd its nothing big to fix.

• DeltinDeltin Member Posts: 240

It kind of does matter, it's a perk... doesnt matter if you and your friends don't use is. someone out there might. (if it worked)

• SS works by reducing the effective range of a killers aura reading for every survivor dead. It works best against, nurses calling, myers and shattered mirror, BBQ, deerstalker and even works on bitter murmer (as it reduces the range from the gen to 0, making it unable to see you) and any other aura based perk with a range. It doesn't work on, IF, rancor, certain killer addons that reveal aura like glowing concoction, doctors shock attack, any killer instinct abilities and any aura reading with unlimited range.

It can be a very good perk even with only a single survivor dead (as it reduces all aura reading ranges on you by 24, making wraith unable to see you while cloaked, nurses is only effective for 4 meters at tier 3 and rendered useless at tier 2 or less. Myers shattered mirror is only good for 12 meters and the second version for tier 2 is rendered useless) but it's a very selfish perk as it relies on you letting your team die for it to work. But ask yourself this, how many of your team is gunna die in a game? At least one one average. Maybe consider SS, might save your ass?

• hematophagyhematophagy Member Posts: 96

You don't see an aura, distortion doesnt, calm spirit does, rancor and docs ability both do the same thing too. The only point OP talked about is how it doesn't stack, only valid point

• hematophagyhematophagy Member Posts: 96

Dude it's not an aura lmao, that's like saying doc shocking you is an aura. If you don't like infectious and [BAD WORD] like that then just use calm spirit. THATS what those perks counters are. If distortion or sole worked on that then what's the point of calm spirit