Home Technical Issues
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

PS4 Killer matchmaking is broken

I've recently had an issue when playing as Killer. The survivors end up being 7 or 8 ranks above me EVERY TIME. The cap is supposed to be 6 (and even that's too high imo)! What is going on here? Killers are unplayable at this rate. It's not fun anymore. This came about IMMEDIATELY after the dedicated servers went live for PS4. I've lost a pip in at least 75% of my matches since. How are killers expected to rank up or even WANT to play when this is what it gets them?

And before I get told to get good, this is to get the mods' or devs' attention, not other players, thank you very much. It seems like a bug in the system.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,595

Last I heard, this issue is also present on PC and the team ARE looking into it since that's definitely not intended behaviour.

• Robschiffer645Robschiffer645 Member Posts: 18

I hope they get their asses in gear with this [BAD WORD] soon, cuz I'm rank 11 and just lost to THREE [BAD WORD] RANK 4 BULLSHIT.

The issue is getting worse. Two rank 2 and two rank 3. I'M [BAD WORD] RANK 11. Please tell me they have a plan coming soon. I know they're making changes to matchmaking, but WHEN??? This is taking too long as it is, and that's even if they start the changes tomorrow!

I know you're annoyed, but you need to calm down a little. Getting angry on here isn't going to get the issue fixed any faster.

And unfortunately, all I know is yes they know about it, yes they are looking into it. I don't know if there's a timescale or what, but it is being worked on.

Hey, KhaineGB? Are you sure the team is looking into it? It's been five months and nothing. I know COVID changed everything, but there hasn't been any news about fixing matchmaking other than it'll happen sooner or later. Mid-Chapter patch? Next chapter? Can you give me ANYTHING new?

Last I heard, yes