Home Technical Issues
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Odd freeze everytime i launch the game

Everytime i launch dbd everything run smoothly until something new appears on screen like the haste status effect, me getting hit by the killer, a gen that got ruin etc.

The lag only occurs the first time the effect load, after that the game will run smoothly again. Also, i don't know what it looks like from the point of view from the other players, but it seems like they see me teleporting if i try to move during the freeze (no idea how or why that happens).

Still, i want to know if something has an idea of what could cause this because it is still very frustrating to loose games just because you have a 10sec freeze just before you hit a survivor.

(PC version btw)

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,595

What are your system specs like? Have to check things like that. Also are you using wired or wireless?

• ElSantoPotatoElSantoPotato Member Posts: 2

Windows 10 64 bits (latest version), Intel core i7-6700, 16GB RAM DDR4, Nvidia ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, SSD 256GB (game is installed on a 1TB HDD)

I'm using wired connection.

Just saying that this glitch didn't happen to me in the past. I remember it started a bit after the freddy rework update, but i can't tell exaclty when.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,595

That's really odd. You SHOULD be completely fine with those specs, so i'm stumped.

Okay, if you have a second monitor, open up task manager and keep it running while you play. Let's see if there's any random usage spikes (CPU/GPU/Network) while you're playing and try to isolate the problem. :)