We want your opinion! Complete the latest Players Satisfaction Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/psatDbD
The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Lot of banning going on with forum accounts lately

Comments

• The_Second_ComingThe_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

Indeed.

Instead of hearing something like what you said...we hear "We need to bork ruin so it's not so hard for new survivors". Honestly - whoever writes their PR notes needs to be sent back to customer retention training immediately. They could have alleviated a LOT of this had they worded it correctly, because the way they worded it may as well have been a giant ascii picture of a middle finger to killers.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,119

While I'd love to talk about it and share the deleted post since I have an image of it, that's against the rules.

Let's just say that the context of the post was ignored just like our calls for balance lol

I can actually confirm. I had a very similar experience. Actually, literally the same experience.

• Peppa_PigsawPeppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 81

BHVR would never purposefully ignore their playbase haha, right guys?

Oh wait, Ruin is still being changed, nevermind.

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

if you actually did something with out negative feedback it would be one thing, but we give our negative feed back AND NOTHING CHANGES.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 855

Majority of the people who are banned deserve it.

Questionable, but good to know you've seen everyone's ban reason.

• HellCatJaneHellCatJane Member Posts: 624
    edited January 14

I would like to clarify that people are not just banned for "insulting" others...

People were banned for "policing the forums".

Making "jokes" -that was non-harmful to anyone else or threatening or insulting etc. Such as accused of making a "bait" thread... it was a joke and they were accused of trying to anger people basically. Things in that nature as well.  

Edit: Oh right. And the people that get banned for "going around" the profanity filter, when they type in the word exactly how it is spelled (aka not going around it at all, it's just a forum fail that they didn't add it to the filter). But nope. ban.

So, it's not just "insults"... And it's not that "simple" either. 

I'll be honest I see people, many, getting away with insulting others, even when reported and nothing happens. I do tend to notice people being more critical are the ones to get "gone" first. 

I also notice "bugs" that occur on these forums. But it seems very convenient... Along with many posts get magically deleted. 

It does seem like sometimes "mods" have an agenda... (this is noted when "mods" go back in people's history to "tag" on things for ban reasoning's etc.) 

But who moderates, the moderators... 

All I know is. From knowing what I know.. I know my time will come.

You probably aren't wrong, with your last line, lol

• Daddy_Ding_DongDaddy_Ding_Dong Member Posts: 55

Well, he kind of called it I suppose. LOL

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,095

There must be a leggit reason to the bans but I still have to critique the rules because some rules are not 100% understandable, due to that not one way understandable rules I got once banned too^^

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 907

That's more of a case that people seem to have forgotten how to out their critisism in a civel manner rather then just the "pitchfork and torch" way

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 279

i mean i got banned for joking about staying afk as killer and not doing gens as survivor when the new ruin comes, even if it was in different threads there is far worse on the forums that doesn't even get ban.

I can tell you this was a hard week for me to see lot of people asking questions and not being able to answer and help them like i usually do.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 3,717

In the past five days, I've have about a dozen threads I've been reading just up and poof when I tried to go to the next page or was in the middle of posting them or whatever.

I could understand if they were closed or whatever, but I'd really like it if there was less sudden deletion of threads. Then people who I know weren't banned before or hadn't said anything incredibly bad (at least imo) get banned without warning.

I don't think censorship is the intent, but it comes off a lot as censorship. I think because of the whole Ruin debacle, the mods may be a bit more trigger happy with handing out punishments more than usual.

If they are, I... don't blame them at all, to be honest, but it unfortunately still paints a poor picture nonetheless. And I have seen some people being jailed for some really silly things in the past few days that made me go "Uh... really?" as I'd see them post, then not even a minute later, the post, or several posts or even entire threads they made, are just gone, and they're outright banned with no seeming explanation and I won't lie; it has made me very wary of making any controversial discussion, like say, another DS topic or about Ruin and its changes itself.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 3,945

Actually plenty changes based on feedback from both roles. The problem you're having is that the changes aren't always exactly to your liking. Or you think with a big enough outcry the devs are obligated to listen to whatever a group of people are demanding. Fortunately that's not how things work.

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 276

We accusing BHVR of censorship now? This is how far people have gone?

• TheCrookedManTheCrookedMan Member Posts: 276

I get a strange inkling that the only reason this thread is up is to further vilify BHVR for the change to Ruin.

• SynfralidroSynfralidro Member Posts: 36

This example could also be placed on how the people who play Killer feel. Look at all the changes that have taken place over time. It's telling the Killer you HAVE to play a certain way, or else you get punished, and even when you do, you are met with insults at the post game, or if you vent your displeasure on the forums, the majority of survivor players berate you and developers ignore your comments. Funny thing about it is that you need Killer players to even get a game going, yet you treat them with so much disdain, and they don't even get paid to deal with it.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 3,040
    edited January 14

By saying anything that anyone for any reason can find insulting, degrading, or harassing.

I was banned once for saying something "takes a real lack of comprehension" and was banned for insulting someone. Even though they and I were both talking about the same thing.

Oh, or calling out the devs for [BAD WORD] business practices and not knowing their own game. They love to ban for that one. Likely my last post tbh. RIP.

Also, dont EVER speak bad about fog whisperers. Or name them by name. They're the golden egg of behaviours goose apparently and can do no wrong. Even if it includes encouraging dcs as a protest.

Ggs!

• AesthetiksAesthetiks Member Posts: 29

the trick is to become a fog whisperer, move to canada, apply to BHVR.. work real hard a few years and move up.. then make suggestions in the daily pow wows and meetings

• PythonheirPythonheir Member Posts: 455

When I see someone jailed, or banned. I imagine they would of had to behaved pretty bad to get there, from personal observations you get away with a lot on these forums. Else someone like me would of been banned awhile ago - I find myself cursing way too much in the forums lol x'D

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 221

What do you expect when they're all from the people's republic of canada. French canada which is even worse, no doubt they sit around the office all day drinking red wine paid for with our auric cells and plotting to guillotine anyone who dares suggest they do any work apart from terrorising hardworking killer mains.

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 667

what is this thread even o.O

• Financial_StabilityFinancial_Stability Member Posts: 368

Yeah, calling out a mod per se was probably the main reason I was jailed. Though only through an image, not calling them out in the text. Had to do with that thread about looking at the root problem of why 80% of killers use ruin instead of nerfing the perk. I had spoken about how a dev had commented in it but completely not addressing the post itself. Was responding to something along the lines of "well not everyone can play like [insert popular streamer]" Dev: "Yes"

And of course a bit of vulgarity, though never calling say someone a butthat.

• ppo8820ppo8820 Member Posts: 675

I received two warnings today. One was justified and the second was for asking a question “trying to get false answers”. I asked about gen speed in a serious tone and it was removed because they thought I was joking.

• ppo8820ppo8820 Member Posts: 675

I got warned for asking about gen speeds. They thought I was baiting and not being serious.

• AesthetiksAesthetiks Member Posts: 29

oh wow, thats scary. its almost impossible to distinguish a bait from a real person seeking help, who may be new.. very Guilty before proven innocent

This discussion has been closed.