We want your opinion! Complete the latest Players Satisfaction Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/psatDbD
The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why do the Dev's keep dodging gentimes?

Answers

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 2,454

Let me spell it out:

RUIN ISN'T NESSICARY

Got it? The Devs can't fix an issue they can't see. I play without ruin in red ranks ALL THE TIME. I do not use a single slowdown perk and I do fine. You don't need it.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 213
    edited January 14

Im not afraid about loosing best way to find survivors with gas scavenging. They still need to refuel gens so if you dont find them scavenging for gas tanks, you will find them refueling gens so there will be almost no diference. This is not intended as massive buff to killers but prevention of 4 ppl jump on single gen and finish it before killer can even apply pressure of find survivors.

Just to say that I was never using old Ruin but I dont like that problem with gen speeds is real and something has to be done.

Now imagine that you are playing killer, you find first survivor and chase him for 15s when suddenly 2 gens pop. How do you want apply pressure if youl lose gens before applying pressure. Killers then rather go camp or tunnel single kill coz they know that there is literally no way to pressure it.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 5,068

It's definitely a factor. Any time you make something that affects generator speeds, you need to think "But what about Ruin?" Being able to balance around a single constant speed is much easier to do, and that way you don't have to worry about leaving the people who don't use it behind while making it excessive for those who do. It's the same philosophy we apply to the solo vs. SWF gap, where we're gradually bringing the two closer together so we can better balance around everyone without leaving people behind.

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 407

It's good to hear (I have more faith now in the upcoming changes you guys may deliver now), but I feel this detail would have been better included in the initial announcement or earlier responses.

Without this detail, BHVR appear to be doing changes for the wrong reason.

• DpoolyDpooly Member Posts: 16

Okay fair enough...but that can be rectified by simply leaving the area. Don't you think it could be helpful to hear when said 'rando' is in your vicinity? Or as killer, being able to hear SWF's plotting when you're by them?

• AsePlayerAsePlayer Member Posts: 925

I would dislike the game more than I already do if it this mechanic was implemented. SWF's would still use discord, so the killer being able to hear stuff only hurts solos even more if they choose to use it.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 569

Ever faced Forever Freddy? or Forever Legion?

That's a part of it. Holding M1 forever isn't very fun. Now that Ruin is changed perhaps they will look at gen times but I feel like in the longterm they would rather try other ways to slow the game down than simply making gentimes longer.

Toolboxes could probably be nerfed for a start though. They really aren't needed anymore.

• Kirito_girl1Kirito_girl1 Member Posts: 4

I don't see anything wrong with gen times and taking away SWF really... What else.... you just want survivors to come in game and stand there and wait to be hooked. If you keep asking for things to be taken away from survivors who do you think is going to continue to play this game. It's a game of skill and I've been against plenty killers in an SWF match where we couldn't get any gens done or only 2 at most. Let the devs fix some of the real issues and glitches with the game so it can be the game we all want to play. Instead of killer/ survivors asking for perks and features to be fixed and reworked. Leave the game alone every time they mess with one thing it screws up something else.... Just play the game.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,095

@Peanits

With this argument you guys have to nerf Pop, Corrupt and basicly every other genregress or gen protect perk. This is not the solution nerfing a popular anti gen perk to see or monitor the genspeed and find out what it needs to be adjusted. Its not a sarcastic post, I mean that srsly

• EZ5kEZ5k Member Posts: 231

Mark my words, neither PT nor Toolboxes will be touched for months, meanwhile multiple killer nerfs will ensue

• EZ5kEZ5k Member Posts: 231

They also didn't think to nerf the other gen pro perks either soooooo this is a weak excuse

• SylorknagSylorknag Member Posts: 300

Tha hell are going on about?

The problem is obviously the emblem.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,502

This is really positive. The problem I've always had with ruin is that it can give me an undeserved win if it takes a long time to find or effectively causes a loss when it gets cleansed immediately. It's almost impossible to balance across that range. Once it is gone, fixing gen times will be so much easier. They WILL fix the gen times.

It reminds me of the Balanced Landing nerf. If they didn't remove its secondary effect, every new map would have to be balanced both with and without balanced landing.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 475

I'm sorry, but are you joking? Because SWF is one of the worst things for a Killer to go against. Nobody is saying we want survivors to stand around and just take the beating. We're tired of being Gen-Rushed to hell and back, having someone literally tail behind you to unhook making sure to have BT or DS ready, body block with all 3 to stop a hook, then all group and heal instantly. How about you actually go PLAY killer at higher ranks and come back and say this again. I'll admit that not every SWF is some kind of gods of the game, but a vast majority are the ones who will make sure you do not enjoy the game, then proceed to be toxic post-game.

You say there is nothing wrong with the game and we should just play it. Sure, let's play killer where we can't get anything done because 3 gens just went off in 1 minute because you all decided to bring in Purple toolboxes and BNP's. Now, before you get the idea I'm a 'Killer Main', I am not. I play both equally, and lately, playing Killer in anyway is not fun and it's turning me away from the game. I play this game to enjoy myself, not to become frustrated within 5 minutes and just walk away for a week, only to return, and repeat the process. This is the issue with the game right now, and too many survivor mains refuse to see it from a killer perspective.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 213
    edited January 15

One good advice for next. Write it down to developers notes. I think you would prevent a lot of anger if you write it immediately and not now. If you say that you are reworking ruin to look at gen times, it will be much better then reasoning this rework with "frustrating" gameplay of new survivors.

• kreXkreX Member Posts: 8

What do you think about the idea of starting games with a debuff on gen speed. Actions like the killer hooks a survivor or a gen is repaired removes a part of this debuff until the gen speeds are back to normal.

This would result in slowing down the start of the game, but leaving the endgame as it is. Additionally to that it is more rewarding for survivors to finish the first gens together instead of each repairing their own gen.

• Nutty_ProfessorNutty_Professor Member Posts: 284

SWF can no longer manipulate matchmaking, as matchmaking bases it around the highest rank survivor in the group rather then the average. If a rank 1 survivor is bringing a rank 20 into the game, they are bringing that rank 20 into a red game. The rank 20 is more harmful to his own team then they are to the killer (unless the rank 20 is a smurf).

• BjarioBjario Member Posts: 40

Smaller maps also gives the killer more time to pressure the gens. So the survivor don't get more '' total work uptime ''. If the map is big like most of them and have imbalanced loops, then the survivors can work the gens no problem, while the killer is chasing someone else. so I'll stand by my point - genspeeds are fine, but most of the maps are not.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 236
    edited January 15

This is just an estimation from my experience, but I would say Hex:Ruin covers up about 1-2 minutes on average per game. It can be zero if the map has bad totem placements and it can also be entire match. The odd chance that it lasts entire match is when all or most of the team decides to look for ruin and fail to find it, so eventually potato survivors figure out that working through it would been faster. This is also where some people report that "I did 4-5 generators" in 1 game, it comes from that. Normally speaking, the killer should win in such situations for free, though the killer can fail and you can make a comeback. This is also why i'm sure when most people read the post, it was a bit shocking to listen to someone say "Hex:Ruin is a late game perk" because that's precisely why other hex:totem perks are not used at all. they don't make it to the end game in the first place.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 504

Gen times are fine. Stop complaining about non-issues.