We want your opinion! Complete the latest Players Satisfaction Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/psatDbD
The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How do you solo survivors do it?

Comments

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 161

Just don't take the game so seriously. I stopped caring about pipping and playing with potato teammates and my DBD experience has greatly improved. If I die first hook, I don't give a porcupine's behind and move on.

• ZylanceZylance Member Posts: 6

I enter the game, "play survivor", pick my perks etc and press read.

Then I try to survive

• wichael_wyerswichael_wyers Member Posts: 118

I play like we'll win, but deep down have the expectations that I'll die. If you imagine your teammates as lil babies that you need to save or help, it helps to make it dumb and fun. It's like a new objective.

Usually a win for me is if I see some of my team make it out or if I looped the hell out of the killer at times. It's the little wins that count and honestly are the most fun.

• innocuoushookinnocuoushook Member Posts: 1
    edited January 14

I've solo queued for over a year now from previously only playing in a full stack swf. I don't run any meta perks, it's just IW, bond, spine chill & adrenaline or unbreakable interchangeably. Red ranks. I also spend most of my matches injured for 75% of the match. While I do sometimes have a stream of matches that go badly & I get potato teammates that do absolutely nothing there are times I get teammates that we all synergize perfectly. It's really a 50/50. In the end it makes you a better player. And I don't play super stealthy or immersed, I stealth a little here & there but nothing crazy. I just try to be as optimal as possible & read my teammates & anticipate where I'm needed. It really just comes down to focusing on gens & timing your saves if you go for them & when the killer finds you, looping as efficiently as possible. Despite what Tru says about "no such thing as wasting pallets" uhh there is definitely such a thing. Nothing worse than it being your first chase but your teammates just threw down every single pallet needlessly & leaving you with nothing to work with. Also you just won't win all your games. Regardless if solo or swf or killer. Lose some, win some.

• GeigerGeiger Member Posts: 3

Knowing when you click "Ready" - you are actually prepared to have yourself sliced, diced, hacked, poked, prodded and possibly Entity wrath upon you. Knowing that the dice have rolled and no control of the outcome when the other three survivors appear on the screen.

High probability (depending on ranks) that you will be left on the hook until 2nd stage with a survivor 5m from you hiding and not willing to make the save. Or, making a save with the killer 2m away!

Knowing within the first minute what the outcome will be based on current status.

Running what you want and doing what you can to have fun. Each match is dynamic and flowing one way or the other you have to recognize the potential outcome, accept it and make the best of it.

Sometime will play to save and heal while other times not to be seen while knocking out gens.

I make up my own rules and quests - a lot based on the first minute of play.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 1,880

I agree with you. When I play survivor I prefer to escape too.

But you can't because of lousy teammates. And it sucks, I know. That's matchmaking for you.

That's one of the positives of playing killer. You don't have to worry about bad teammates bringing you down.

Tell BHVR to rework their ranking system by keeping the unskilled players out of red ranks.

• JohnbleJohnble Member Posts: 98

Pretty much set my own goals for each match. Sometimes I try to rescue X amount of people or get into X amount of chases, that kind of thing. That's also how I choose my builds. Keeps things fresh and fun for me and prevents me from getting salty at other survivors... Well keeps from getting too salty.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 3,945

Very carefully.

• ThasardThasard Member Posts: 182

You have to focus on being stealthy with a combination of being gen focused. It doesn't always work. And I play to score as high as I can without Pipping. I don't know why so many people are on here wanting to pip, but being a high rank leads to longer wait times and then I still get paired with a killer over 8 ranks away.

• PythonheirPythonheir Member Posts: 464

The best tips I can give as a solo survivor, treat your team as a resource rather than a teammate. You can pip and die in a match, while at the same time the entire purpose of the hatch mechanic is built for you. Focus on getting around half objective first, then max altruism and boldness. When the game get's down to 2 gen's or less, find the hatch, then work on the last 2 gens. That way if your allies die you can simply just run for the hatch. By escaping that grants you more than half points in Survival.

When you get chased, abuse safe loops - don't always aim for the pallet stun, as long as you drop it in the killers immediate way you slow them down long enough to reach the next loop if you take a hit, and/or dead hard. Don't follow other survivors when you get scared off a gen, it forces the killer to chase 1 survivor, and if they are not chasing you, then you jump immediately back on the generator.

Dealing with Hex: Ruin isn't an issue for players that are good at the game, most of the time you should be getting Great Skill Checks anyways, and even then just remember to let go of the generator for 1.45 seconds (count to 2) when you only get a Good Skill Check. If you can't get Great Skill Checks don't work on a gen with any other survivors as the more survivors on one gen increases the chances of skill checks to all of you. Don't go running around the map looking for Hex: Ruin, just look around the area around the gen you're working on - because a lot of time wasted in a match is looking for Hex: Ruin rather than it being hard to repair a generator.

When you're injured work on generator's first, don't get healed after repairing a gen though, as the giant explosion, and notification the killer gets when a gen is completed will just make the killer come hit you anyways. Do your healing before completing the gen, so heal right away or 99 the gen, heal, and then complete the gen.

Survivor Add Ons: Mechanic's Toolbox (Green) w/ Socket Swivel, and Wire Spool. Emergency Med-Kit (Green) w/ Gel Dressings, and Self Adherent Wrap.

The Perks I Run: Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Spine Chill, Inner Strength.

Once I have reached Purple/Red ranks however I had to change my build a little into;

Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Spine Chill, Iron Will

As in Purple/Red ranks the survivors are much better and will more often heal you, have borrowed time themselves, and killers are less likely to tunnel anyways. (Killer tip; Tunneling is a fast way to lose against good survivors as they will just safe loop you to egc anyways).

With my play-style and builds, I got rank 1 survivor in 2 days.

If I am farming BP: Dead Hard, We're Gonna Live Together, Spine Chill, Borrowed Time. Emergency Med-Kit w/ Surgical Suture, and Needle & Thread (The Farming Build is taken without the expectation to live, so ensure you have at least half of objective complete before maxing WGLT, to ensure at least a black pip).

TL;DR It's like learning how to drive. Expect everyone else on the road to make mistakes.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,176

You moment you believe you deserve to survive because you are better is usually the time your not as good as one thinks. Most Solo players don't really care about surviving and understand that the build they use must gather as much of an advantage over the killer as possible. Whats your goal as a solo survivor? Your build should reflect this.

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 603

As solo you should focus on not depip.

I agree sone games are painful cause you are basically the only 1 working on gens while others crouch behind a rock the whole game so the killer finds only you and its basically a 1v1 game.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 201

The “feeling like I’m good enough and deserve to survive” mentality is definitely something that I cling to a lot so I’ll do my best so shed that.

• Spirit12B4Spirit12B4 Member Posts: 2

Honestly Solo Survivor is so easy in my opinion. I mean I'm a red rank survivor so maybe it's just skill, but honestly it's so easy playing survivor, even solo. Games have gone so fast since ruin stopped being used lol.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,176

Remember to adjust your build as well. Once you stop caring if you die or not you start to have a lot more fun.

• Psypho_DiazPsypho_Diaz Member Posts: 168

Lol you sound like the surv that gets carried, earns 10-12k BPS and laughs at the killer for losing when you're the sole survivor and they got 27k.

I always shake my head at survs like you and tell them the dead surv who got at least 20k won but you didn't.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 99

I just kind of do whatever I think needs to be done; if my team mates are half-competent, they can easily hammer gens or loop the Killer while I do vice versa.

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 48

I just play for shits and giggles. Sometimes I will get a game where me and the killer play with each other. I once had a crouch race against a Pig after booping her snooter. At the end she made me and another player slug race. I no longer care about piping. Just fun with killers

(If I play seriously, for a challenge, I rely entirely on myself. I save and I do gens. That's my mindset.)

• alphaholicalphaholic Member Posts: 67

Idk. I mean, if you escape and *still* depip because you did literally one gen, saved 0 people and got chased 0 times... I'm not sure that counts as a "win" but... if you say so. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• YehBoiGokuYehBoiGoku Member Posts: 26

I just say screw these teammates. If they don't do jack **** than they don't deserve to go on further to end game. I just learned to loop and juke out killers. Really resourceful when you are in that type of situation in solo que's

• DuckDustDuckDust Member Posts: 3

I play solo pretty much all the time and I think you just need to be in the mindset of playing to have fun which is something I think a lot of people forget about. I manage to maintain a rank 1 but you can't expect to win every game because unfortunately when teammates are to a point of being so bad due to flawed ranking systems or a red rank player bringing his two rank 19 buddies into your lobby you just have to be prepared to lose and be on to the next game.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 71

If I have teammates that are obviously rank 20 and they're doing absolutely nothing and dying 2 seconds into a chase... I'm not sticking around to try and do all the gens and try hard. I'd probably rush the hook, get a save, have a quick chase and attempt to free myself from the hook 3 times.

I don't like prolonging games I know I've lost since the get-go... and I shouldn't have rank 20 teammates at rank 1 that can't hit a normal skillcheck let alone a hex ruin skillcheck.

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 527

But survivor is OP.. remember?

• ELECTRIK_VISIONELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 31

its rare you escape but I just go to a gen and look for the nearest pallet before hopping on it so I know where to go if a killer appears it helps a lot knowing the loop you’re after and where you can go after it, some killers will see if you’re a strong looper and leave you alone to find someone weaker and if they don’t just loop them for as long as possible using as few pallets as you can.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 734

That's why I love 3 items;

Keys (even tho they are unbalanced)

Toolboxes (to make the game last less,just a little bit)

And maps (in order to find the hatch)

I only play solo since I have no friends that play dbd. It is..........manageable :3

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 4,311

I actually PREFER solo alot of times. Sure I dont get extra information in my ear, but when my team sucks...I move on into the next team. When my SWFs team gets drunk, starts memeing around and gets me killed... I have to hold my composure as I come up with some excuse as to why I have to go.

• UnluckySteveUnluckySteve Member Posts: 14

Okay this is my area where im an expert in. Solo Queue is a gamble yes but in a sense you kinda have to put expectations on survivors. If a survivor gets two-tapped i assume they are better at skillchecks. If I see a survivor chasing for a long time I can trust them to be a little more bold than other people. Tbh being stealthy isn't my playstyle all the time depending on my teammates. I often hope to get survivors to be comfortable to going for riskier plays but I have to adapt to how my team is like. But to ve honest you shouldn't expect to escape when you solo queue.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 1,799

I prefer solo as well. I find talking too distracting.

• LanternsLanterns Member Posts: 83

I'm best friends with Spine Chill.