We want your opinion! Complete the latest Players Satisfaction Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/psatDbD
The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

If DbD dies out does BHVR go down too?

Comments

• siren_sorceresssiren_sorceress Member Posts: 60

This is just a lie. I do not encounter swfs every game and when I do most of them are not impossible. Not at all. And when I solo the queues for surv are faaar quicker. In solo the games almost always end in an early 4k. But that's fair apparently. Grow up. Its embarrassing how killers think they are the only ones having a difficult time on dbd. Talk about bias.

Dbd wont die and new, less entitled killers will come. Know how I know? Bc killer used to be waaay harder. Stop trying to hop the killer victim train. It already left and is way gone. Stop thinking its still 2017.

• Wubsyy__Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 78

Yeah

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 358

I think if something happens then BHVR will get some assistance from other companies due to their renown status. BHVR has been around since 1992 and they have a large net worth. They also won a lawsuit against Bethesda so. But the thing is that letting this company just die, not even get bought out, but die, would be near impossible.

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 667

In response to the OP..who knows? It could happen though. They don't exactly have great success with other games. All they've released is Deathgarden and a bunch of terrible licensed games in the past, all of them have...well, they haven't been good. Deathgarden was okay but it was a snoozefest.

They'd definitely have to step up their game in order for people to trust them with their money again.

• soundwave85soundwave85 Member Posts: 49
  • KnotsKnots Member Posts: 32

They are completely bonkers if they are making all this micro transaction money and not putting it into developing a new property at least partially. That would be extremely bad risk management.

• VampiroxVampirox Member Posts: 120

Not using Ruin isnt that bad, Im still 3-4k my games without it. only annoying part is bigger maps, just gotta plan out your 3 gen strat.

• C0ntr0113d1nf3rn0C0ntr0113d1nf3rn0 Member Posts: 3

More like you have no idea what you're talking about, but just wanted to put this person down.

If you were too lazy, then you wouldn't have bothered to say anything in the first place.

Now you just look ridiculous.

• BigbobBigbob Member Posts: 3
    edited January 14

You went full ret-ard mode on this topic kid.

• Falkner09Falkner09 Member Posts: 41

It's already happening. Wait times have already worsened as a survivor, and matchmaking is already FAR worse as a killer. Which continues to drive more killers off, which worsens wait times and matchmaking further, worsening the cycle.

• Gamer29Gamer29 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 14

As a Veteran with this game, that played basically from the beginning, and earned a platinum, I have basically walked away from this game. The developers created a toxic environment, basically pitting killers and survivors against each other. I stick around in groups just to watch what move they will do next to further drive players away. I played survivor and killer. Mainly a killer main. I have no interest in playing killer anymore, nor sit in a lobby for 20 min. I left when they changed my main killer Freddy. Although many liked him, I was annoyed they changed his play style completely and to took the fun out of the game for me. Yes, he is still a fun killer, but not the killer play style I enjoyed from the start. I watch how they are going after all killers. Then perks on both side. All unnecessary changes, it’s just causing fighting between both survivors and killers. I am waiting for the blood bath after they make their nerfs to Mori and NOED. Lol! I’m sure that’s coming. The question is when there is not enough killers to play, Will survivor mains start to play. Then they will circle around and touch the survivors perks once again. Creating more fighting. As for me, I had a good run with the game, but not my cup of tea anymore!

• Widowmaker8197Widowmaker8197 Member Posts: 87

Literally every killer main: Ruin nerf? Haha I'm quitting and BHVR is going to lose all of its money bye BHVR.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 556

It was an actual concern because I didn't think BHVR had anything else going for it before I started the thread, related to the feedback loop of matchmaking times where killers start quitting that others have described here in better detail

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

HUGE difference, it was a nerf to the POWER role of survivor and it didn't affect gameplay THAT much, ruin nerf is MUCH different, it will make gens go faster period and now killers have no perk to slow down gens at the beginning of the game, before you say "corrupt intervention" I just see that perk as forcing survivors to work together on a single gen making the gen go faster

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745
    edited January 14

I hate running ruin tbh, but if I spawn on the other side of mothers dwelling or purgation temple and all 4 survivors spawn on the other side and all work on 1 gen, the gen will be done before I can PHYSICALLY get there no matter what, so before my 1st chase begins they already got 1 gen done, does that sound fair and balanced? no

that is why ruin WAS a NEEDED core perk for most killers, and still is

there wouldn't be as much outcry about the ruin nerf if they addressed the reason why so many use ruin, if map design was better, all the large maps where shrunk down, maybe a change to gen speed, THEN OK ruin then can be nerfed. but it was nerfed before all of that

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 161

Wow. The Hex Ruin posts are cringeworthy. Just like all other nerfs, people will switch their builds and the game will go on. We'll be here next year talking about a different nerf once again and the inevitable death of Dead by Daylight

• DeanIcityDeanIcity Member Posts: 146

Self Care wasn't completely changed though. It's the same perk, the time to self-care just takes longer. For new players, that doesn't matter, they don't/won't know any better. Experienced players never really cared about self-care anyway.

This is not the same at all.

This nerf is going to have more of an impact than most people think. IMO

We, shall, see.....

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 539

Imagine playing a game depending on if only one perk has changed or not. Mind blowing.

• PythonheirPythonheir Member Posts: 455
    edited January 14

Is DBD their biggest revenue? I would think that profit's from their mobile games like Fallout Shelter would line their pockets better than DBD? Also are they not working on a mobile game for Game of Thrones too?

Not gonna lie, if DBD is their biggest income being such a cheap price on steam, that is some amazing work for a game company.

• MrMisanthropy66MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 59

Says people that quit because of changes are stupid. Then says at end of they revert the change he/she will quit. LMFAO

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,428

It will barely be a blip. Killer que times are really bad right now. The vocal minority on this forum will barely register.

Personally, I think I like what I have seen of both ruin and Doc changes, but we will know for sure when they are live for a bit. The PTB is too flawed to be sure. People actually log into the PTB to run meme builds, DC, face camp, etc I stead of actually trying to play the game. Hard to test changes that way.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 615

I asked why you have such a problem with me in a different topic and you ignored it, so hopefully you'll discuss it here. Please stop spreading bullshit. I use Ruin on almost all of my killers so I have no idea why you or anyone even thinks I have that mindset. Its extremely annoying. Stop.

I was going to respond with something thought out when I had more time to write it up, I was impressed that you're willing to talk it over and was mostly upset by the attitude thrown at tru3 over the last several weeks. I know you haven't been feeling well lately and I wanted to cool off on it since I didn't want to make things worse. I've been having problems with poor sleep and feeling awful all the time since November (which definitely makes me more of a jerk than usual). This game is one of the last places I can go that still helps me deal with it and all the nerfs have been making the anxiety a lot worse about if it can still be that place, and the optics on a lot of your statements about them just compund it. I've been referring to you as a representative example of the people who think "all these changes that are awesome and if someone disagrees then they're stupid or bad at the game" because that was the impression in a lot of your early analysis even if not what you actually believe and that isn't fair to you if you don't hold those opinions, I apologize for mischaracterizing you on that and I'm especially sorry if I made your other problems worse, you don't deserve that.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 615

I very much respect your composure my dude. Sorry to hear you're having issues as well, hope things get better!

Thanks, I really do too; I used to be inspired and excited by stress but now it just shuts me down and none of my old strategies work. I hope you get better soon as well

• ElegantElegant Member Posts: 443

I'm saying that I would quit the game because devs who aren't willing to implement changes they feel are necessary because of a whining community is not a game that's going to thrive. I want no part in that. If you were good enough at reading comprehension you would notice that the my claim isn't the same as what I'm calling people out for. I called out stupid people for quitting over changes and a game they have no understanding of. That's in no way the same as someone quitting because the devs showed they don't have a backbone and aren't willing to do what they think is best for a game

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 125

It becomes a problem when the game fails to attract killers, given the fact that a killer has the weight of 4 people in matchmaking. Without a killer, that's 4 survivors that have to wait longer. If a decent amount of killers quit because of the change, this will affect the wait in lobbies and matchmaking even more. If new killer players feel helpless and they quit, it doesn't matter how many new survivors they attract, the wait times and matchmaking will likely turn them away.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 447

The power role sits with the team that has higher skill, with some RNG mixed in. It depends on the decisions you make and how well you can predict your opponent's actions and this applies to both survivor and killer.

By saying that the self care nerf didn't affect gameplay that much, you show that you just ignore facts that don't fit your narrative. It was a perk used by almost every single survivor and nerfing it forced a whole new non-heal meta into the game. There was a massive uproar at the time, similar if not larger than what youre seeing now.

Gens will go faster if you don't pressure survivors and just try to chase them one at a time until they go down without any thought or reason. You're right on this one.

No I won't tell you to run corrupt, because there isn't a single perk that will make all problems go away. You need to set up your loadout with an actual plan that fits your playstyle. I'll personally take whispers over ruin on most killers any day of the week. However, your reason for not wanting to run corrupt is very flawed. Survivors grouping on a gen that is on YOUR side of the map, due to corrupt, is probably the best thing that can happen to you as killer in the early game. Firstly, multiple survivors work less efficiently when they stack on the gen. Secondly, it forces them to pressure a single area instead of spreading out, making it much easier for you to put your own pressure on multiple survivors at the same time. Thirdly by blocking off the 3 farthest gens (which a lot of the time will be on the same side of the map) allows you to start setting up a 3-gen strat from the beginning of the match. If you don't see the value in that I don't think I can help you much more..

@DeanIcity, back in the day everyone ran self-care.. you can't claim that experienced players didn't care about it. The nerf required them to significantly change how they played the game. Your other point that new players didn't know what it used to be and old players adapted - you can say the same thing about ruin..

Regarding the ruin change having a more significant impact - we'll see - steam charts will tell us in a few months just how big the impact on the playerbase was (on pc at least).

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,486
    edited January 15

@joker7997

This is obviously subjective, considering many matches consist of killers who don’t know how to run a loop, when to give up chase, when to stop hard camping/tunneling, get triggered at a survivor tbagging and forgetting the others exist, not wanting to break a pallet, not care for the gen that’s almost done next to them so they don’t bother kicking it.

So while you can say gen speed is the problem you can’t blame it entirely on that. There are many things that affect the outcome of a match and one of the biggest ones if not the biggest, is skill. That’s why you won’t see anyone even admitting it on the forums. Instead they post about how survivors did “this and that“... almost as if they wanted survivors to play bad to get a win.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on