We want your opinion! Complete the latest Players Satisfaction Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/psatDbD
The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Would you rather have gen times slowed down or toolboxes nerfed?

Comments

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 1,794

Brown are 10%.

I don't think gen times should be increased as that would be boring. I think the best way to approach this is adding another mandatory objective to repair gens. When you spawn in you have to find a toolbelt for example. There could be 4 special chests, they'd need to look completely different than the regular chests. Each one containing a toolbelt. The extra time at the beginning would help killers get going.

As for toolboxes, that's a tricky one. Unless new uses or special traits were added they'd be hard to nerf without making them useless.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 305

I rather see toolboxes just go. I don't think anyone wants to sit on the gennys any longer than necessary. It is perhaps the most boring part of the game. Increasing gen times makes no sense if you chose to Nerf ruin. Ruin already did that. If your going to increase gen times newer survivors are just going to get caught and have no fun anyway.

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 161

Toolboxes. Even if survivors were to find toolboxes in chests it wouldn't hurt killers as much if they are nerfed. Extending regular gen work would be super boring especially for new players

• Helevetin_nopeeHelevetin_nopee Member Posts: 204

I'd rather just have another objective, for example maybe gathering parts in order to repair the gens for survivors.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 3,040

I wonder why so many games had that perk "covering up" actual gen issues.

Perhaps because gens went way too fast without it?

Shame we change things based on statistical usage and not the core cause of the symptoms.

• Pankh_GrodoryaPankh_Grodorya Member Posts: 1
    edited January 14

In my opinion i would increase the amount of charges per gen. Every generator needs 80 charges. If one survivor repairs a gen, the gen speed is 1 charge per sec. And my change would be that you need 100 charges instead of 80. So one survivor needs 100 sec for one gen. The Toolboxes have to be changed too. Instead of 80 charges they will have 100. So the gen time is nerfed by 20 sec If only survivor repairs it.

If the survivors don't like this change and the gen times are too slow, it can be buffed. In this case you choose the middle between 80 and 100. Right 90 and the Toolboxes would be changed too.

This is what i would do with the gen times and so

• TheDizTheDiz Member Posts: 111

Just bring Franklin's Demise, lol. If I see four toolboxes or 3 toolboxes and a flashlight, I'm bringing Franklin's, whisperers, monitor and abuse, and make your choice. Usually four K or get some DCs but it's a good counter.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,309

At some point the repair speed effect of toolboxes will need to be removed, and them made to just help with something like skill check zones or something less game breaking.

I don't know when devs will realize and implement this; but I know it is going to happen eventually. It has to.

• VincentRedfieldVincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

Tell that to michael myers, hillbilly, and ghostface. And huntress.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,403

Just make toolboxes have another function. I think game time is a delicate thing and anything that swings things too hard one way or another is bad for the game. Gen times can stay as they are imo.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,211

Id prefer toolboxes to be changed first.

The reason for this is to reduce the impact they can have on the game so gen speeds are easier to gather stats on without as many varying factors.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 237

Unless additional objectives are going to be added, both gen speed and toolboxes need to be looked at.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 588

As a killer, I think gens need to take longer. As a survivor I think gens are the single most boring aspect of any game i've ever played and don't want them to take longer. So honestly, idk lol

• siren_sorceresssiren_sorceress Member Posts: 60
    edited January 14

Not until they start looking at kill rushing pink add ons. They already nerfed bnps and insta heals. Killers already have the upper hand items/add on wise bc they can see when survs grab toolboxes or flashlights and change their build accordingly. Survs go in blind every time. Know what its like bringing a nice purple medkit and then its plague with a pink mori?

• big_fellasbig_fellas Member Posts: 153

I'd like to see toolboxes nerfed slighty because they can be stacked.

• EZ5kEZ5k Member Posts: 231

I'd rather they just revert the ruin changes, and focus on making a sub objective, with you know, actually intelligent design. Otherwise this game is going to revert back to 2017 levels of absolute horse radish to deal with as a killer, but an absolute cake walk as a survivor

• SylorknagSylorknag Member Posts: 300

Wouldn't the best approach have been to drop the ruin rework along side a map size/gen speed overhaul?

Not only would you have avoided all this uproar in the forums, but you'd also have improved your relationship with the community by a ton.

Instead the dev did the completely opposite and released a terribly biased (intended or not) dev update, and now have to throw bones at the killer community in the hopes everyone is patient enough to suck it up this ruin rework and wait for map/gen overhaul, which might take as long as it took to rework Freddy.

Awfully timed.

• ChronoSethChronoSeth Member Posts: 11

Toolboxes only grant 10% increased repair speed.

But they can be shared now. If other survivors does not use a Toolbox to repair, your toolbox uses 50% more charges for every survivor cooperating granting 5% increased repair speed to them. They are affected by the toolbox's benefits and backdraws (if it has any). Sabotage speed increased.

Worn Out - Decreases success zones, increases Great Success Zones.

Toolbox - Increased Success and Great Success Zones.

Commodious - Increased Charges and Increased Great Success Zones.

Mechanic's - Repair sounds reduced by 4m and increased Great Success Zones.

Engineer's - 1% Bonus Progress with Great Skillchecks and increased Great Success Zones.

Alex's - Increased Sabotage Speed, slightly increased Repair Great Success Zones.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,160
  • Hail_to_the_KingHail_to_the_King Member Posts: 96

I would like for gen time to increase but implement a secondary objective that you could finish to get a buff that will increase your gen speed to the normal speed.

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 147

You get rewarded only with points plus you can practise for other skills like DS (yeah people fail it sometimes)

• VincentRedfieldVincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

Things that speed up objectives break the game 😝 like toolboxes and insta downs

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 147
    edited January 14

You could also make maps smaller and reduce all the safe places survs have like on coldwind farm.

There are many things to be adressed for example trapper have to move all the way, hag have to put traps... etc

Unless you make trapper have traps already with him and hag traps not being removed those will have an slight benefit

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 556

The "gen rush" happens every game you play in a 12 hour session at red ranks

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 556

Force of Will in legacy is a great analogy; so many matches are literally decided by coin flip and the mere existence of FoW prevents everyone from going all in all the time without risk. Without it there's nothing checking the worst combos from being pure variance, and while Ruin isn't as reliable as FoW it still plays a similar role. Not having to consider it will have an impact

• Kay_KazutoKay_Kazuto Member Posts: 18

I agree, there should be a objective in the beginning before starting on gens to give the killer time to get set. Depending on how long that start objective last, toolboxes can be used to get back time lost :p

I was also thinking of something. Let's say ever killer has there own event that happens to effect gens. But a event none the less. A random event like skill checks to slow down gen progress. Say crows hate the noise of a gen so they come and peck at you? ( Have to drive them off ) killer pasific events could happen like there is a timer trap on every gen that will snap randomly. Making the surv jump back for a moment? ( Huntress - trapper ) I don't have time to finish this comment but anything good out of this?

• judge_fistjudge_fist Member Posts: 22

@Peanits Thank you for being engaged with the community. You reassured me you guys are actively listening and trying your best to make the appropriate changes. This community can be extremely toxic my after matches inbox can reflect that. I thank you and the rest of the dev's for your diligence and perseverance through all the negativity. 👍

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,160

Ah well that's not really a good comparison. Killers are all designed differently, where as all survivors have the same objective. Killers powers are balanced individually, Myers instadown is balanced around his power, having instadowns means he is lacking in other areas.

Survivors all have the same objective, it doesn't change depending on what survivor you are playing. When they bring toolboxes into a match, it simply decreases objective time and that's it.

The only partial equivalant to toolboxes that killers have are addons, but they mostly don't affect objective time as much as toolboxes do. There are some that do need nerfing though, like Iridiscent Head.

• mistertimisterti Member Posts: 245

None of the above. It is what it is, gut gid