Home Discussions General Discussions

Live Q&A: 3.5.0 PTB/Update

Comments

• Hex_KillerMainBTWHex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 418

What helps you decide which killer to rework? Are you currently working on the next killer/map now?

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 826
    edited January 14

Is the Doctor’s chase music in the PTB the final version that will release with the Live update? Both Demogorgon and Oni had their music changed/finalised for the main release, is it the same case here? The current music sounds rather unfinished/simple.

• RyuzakiRyuzaki Member Posts: 295
    edited January 14

Are there any plans to adjust the delay that the Doctor can attack after shock therapy?

• RockawayRockaway Member Posts: 2

Next challenges point towards Jane, David, Spirit and Doctor's storylines, why did you chose them? why not ie Doctor and Ming, who's the one that was released with him?

• TheScottishGuyTheScottishGuy Member Posts: 1

so the ruin change is controversial but if 80% of people use the perk theirs a good reason for it. I don’t use it but understand why everyone else does. Instead of changing it did you look at why people use it because some killers need ruin especially at red ranks like trapper, hag, Michael. I use corrupt but still struggle and tier 1 myers isn’t going to fun fun anymore. So instead of changing ruin why not change other perks to help with early game instead of leaving just corrupt as the only early game perk. Skillchecks aren’t hard to hit it’s just practice but that’s the case with everything in the game. Not everyone can loop for 3 gens at rank 20 but easily can happen at red ranks

• NOEEDNOEED Member Posts: 4

What was your inspiration behind The Clown's elephant skin?

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

Why do you guys feel like any delay at all between the Doctor releasing his Shock Therapy and the survivor getting shocked is necessary? I enjoy the other elements of his update, but something that always kept me from playing Doctor more is that this part of his kit in particular feels clunky and unresponsive.

• KamisguideKamisguide Member Posts: 9

Would you share what you have learned from this PTB about the changes to Hex: Ruin.

• FrootLoopsFrootLoops Member Posts: 259

If the ruin changes are not final yet, can you add a consequence to survivors cleansing similar to haunted ground? I'm thinking gens explode and instant regress 15/20/25 %

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 742

Given that The Doctor received unique chase and menu music, what killer would you like similar changes to next?

• HealsBadManHealsBadMan Member Posts: 335

How are you handling chase music for the licensed killers? Myers and Demo already have their themes, but will Bubba, Pig, and Freddy get themes from their movies or completely new themes? I'm assuming GF will get a new theme :P

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,647

What is the reasoning behind the Snap Out of It changes?

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 9,162

Please keep your posts related to the 3.5 update, thanks!

• ZensunimZensunim Member Posts: 82

Are you making any adjustments to the Rift shard earn rate for Tome II through XP or shard gains for completing harder Level 3/Level 4 challenges?

• B3lleeB3llee Member Posts: 26

When it comes to the new rank rest system, did you ever consider that the majority of people might end up getting stuck between red and purple ranks? (could we assume this is also a reason for prolonged queue times?)

• DaRealxFactorDaRealxFactor Member Posts: 27
    edited January 14

Considering the balance "changes" lately that have been made to perks, killers, & survivors, etc...for the "fun" experience...

What is the "goal" experience for your community collectively of the game when considering "balance" changes? Fun? Horror? Strategic?

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 549

First of all the new Lery's looks amazing.

You addressed the Hex: Ruin change, without talking about that it's usually use as a way to borrow time on really large maps such as Ormont, the Asylum or the Red Forest Realm.

Do you plan on redesign old maps or fix the unbalanced of some maps ? (map scale aswell as problematic windows you fixed on the new Lery's for example)

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,011

Will the old (original version) of Lerys before the rework still exist as a possible map spawn or will the reworked Lerys be the only one to exist now?

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 402

Are there any plans to make maps more consistent with size and lighting? Some maps make being a non mobile killer really difficult, due to the size (Red forest maps, azarovs, Yamaoka maps)

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,852

For a better understanding: Do you have stats for usage of ruin for newer players?

Assuming equal distribution, when red ranks have a 80% usage and all ranks have 45%, there would be 36% usage for ranks 5-20. Expecting newer players to encounter ruin less likely than that.

What would also help to get better understanding (also regarding queue times): Do you have stats regarding rank distribution along all players? (maybe along all players that play at least once a week or something)

• Yogerman1997Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 248

Can u guys make the auto-regress from ruin count as Kick the generator?

I want synergy it with Overcharge or Pop Goes The Weasel...

The New Ruin by itself is extremedly weak for being an HEX, but even more if i can't combine it with more perks.

And because that, because is an HEX and can be cleansed, i don't wanna hear anyone saying this make it overpower, if you think that, cleanse the totem.

• CAWAgentNikoCAWAgentNiko Member Posts: 2

Will the new Hex Ruin possibly become its own general perk based on the negative feedback regarding said perk replacing what we have now, or will you do something different?

• HektorTMHektorTM Member Posts: 1

Are you going to change the movement again? Like you cant moonwalk anymore and thats really sad because i liked to moonwalk. Id appreciate it if you'd bring it back c:

This discussion has been closed.