Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.
GENS GUIDE for begginers and dummies
This is a tips thread to know when and which gens to do:
- Avoid doing gens next to each other
- Avoid doing corner and second/top floor gens till 1 gen is remaining
- If people have just been hooked use their time on hook to advance on gens, don't go for an insta save or coordinate in SWF in order for two of you to do gens whyle one goes for the save
- Do middle gen first unless it's on a second or top floor
- Commit to finishing a gen nearly done if you KNOW you can finish it even when you're gonna get hit after you "pop" it
How will this affect your gameplay?
- This will split gens making you avoid 3 genning your team
- If you leave gens that are far away from each other for last gen you'll get a 3+ survivors escaped
- Insta saves incentivate tunneling and camping, even with BT, it just gives the killer the chance to instantly start a chase after hooking someone
- Middle gen splits the other gens apart making the killer patroll harder, but if it's on a second or top floor you wanna save that one for the last two gens in order to make patrolling more complex for the killer
- If you're on your last hook don't... If you're not you can handle being on the hook at the cost of one finished gen for your team, better on if you're a good looper giving some time for others before getting hooked after you finished that gen