Home Discussions General Discussions
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Can we all just stop

Obviously the devs are not survivor biased. They love their game and does it make sense to any kind of game developer to just say [BAD WORD] you to an important portion of the playerbase.

Just because survivors OR killers get a slight or meta changing buff/nerf does not mean the devs love one side and want to see the other sides pain.

Theres a ton more stuff i wanna say but i can't think off the top of my head

Comments

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,468

Even if toolboxes didnt exist gens would still be way too fast...most of the cast dont have the tools they need..if they want to fix the gen issue make the killers powerful enough to do it..bandaid fixes and a couple nerfs to tool boxes are not only ineffective but a more boring way to go about this

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,745

Then how about reducing the grind? I'm pretty sure it's one of the reason why new players leave, not because of just one perk LOL.

Currently, you either grind to hell or pay to unlock new characters and perks. You know how many DLCs this game has? Do you really want to pay so much of before even start playing the new game?

• EverflowingRiverEverflowingRiver Member Posts: 520

You are so dense. They doubled down on their reasoning in multiple threads. There is no bigger picture here. Sometimes people just do what they want. In this case it's tank their own game.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

So explain to me this simple question.

When the devs care so much about new player experience, how come they do not treat problems that these players actually have? Like check steam reviews/metacritic and check why people drop this game.

Oh and it is not about new players in general but new survivor players.

And to be honest, they will not do them any good with that. Most people drop this game because they do not like being camped or tunneled out of the game. I guess you can see this one coming from a mile away but please do tell me what are killers gonna do if you increase the pace of the game? Right the ones that can will tunnel the hell out of the weakest link to generate a snowball effect and the others will camp and secure at least their one kill at all costs.

This will make for such a good experience for these new survivor players. I don't think that this helps new players at all.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

Trust me, I know all about why new players quit the game. Most of my family and friends quit because they had no interest in feeding some kids fantasy by being camped and tunneled in every game. I know. That said, Ruin helped those killers camp and tunnel to extreme in the lower ranks. When new players can't find the totem, they can't hit great skill checks, they take forever getting a gen due to Ruin, and a LF is face camping them one by one, it is no fun. At red ranks ruin is questionably effective at best. Most of the time my totem is gone in 60 seconds like a bad Nicolas Cage movie. That, or the survivors bulldoze through it like it was not there due to hitting great skill checks with relative ease.

So it is debatable as to what, if any, impact it will have at red ranks with the change. At low ranks, new survivors will have a real shot at getting gens done while LF is drooling on his latest catch. Frankly, I like the new ruin. It punishes survivors who are too hesitant to jump on the gen when the killer's terror radius is nearby. Every second off that gen is another tick on the regression meter.

As for how it will help new killers, it will teach them to pressure the gens instead of rewarding them for staring at a hook. Ruin+NOED = Rank 17 win with little effort. New ruin will teach new killers that it is more effective to push the survivors off the gen in order to get them regressed. Staring at the latest catch means you get gen rushed into a 1k.

Not saying it is a perfect solution, just saying it is a step in the direction they want to go. I don't think it is doomsday. Just like the healing changes were not doomsday. Everyone thought all the survivors would quit because healing times were nerfed to the ground a bit over a year ago. Seems to me that the game kept moving forward.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

I don't disagree. The grind is real. I know they added extra BP to survivors a while back. They also added in the Rift system that gives a lot of bp rewards. I think those are nice, but much more is needed.

The thing I'm seeing though is that they are taking small steps to address these issues. I'm not sure I'm sold on the steps they have taken though. This Ruin change may pay off. It may turn out to make matches too lopsided and they have to revert it, or try something else. I don't think we can fully say either one at this moment. What we can say is that we should let it ride and see what happens with it.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Wow. Great post.

This is why I basically said earlier too. Ruin just allows people to get away with lame playstyles, it buys them time to do it against rookies. I've seen it so much recently due to matchmaking deciding it wants to put me with all rank 12-16s recently.

Agreed about red ranks too. Against genuine red ranks Ruin would never be up more than a minute.

I think this is much healthier for the game overall and healthier for those players that relied on Ruin.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,745

You know.. i have almost 500 in game hours.. still haven't unlocked all non-licensed killers (2 remains), let alone survivors.

Reduce the grind should be the top priority for devs if they want more new players. No one wants to grind for thousands of hours just to unlock all in-game characters.

And i haven't even mentioned the cosmetics.. 21k for 1 purple outfit which they keep releasing.. lol

Except you pay, which is kind of greedy for devs to be honest

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,347

The silver lining in Ruin's nerf is that gen speeds will finally be looked at, now that it will be more consistent.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited January 2020

I didn’t buy Oni for this reason. Its too much of a grind.

You need at least a million BP stored up, ideally 8k shards on top so you can bag another 600,000bp from the shrine of secrets. Then you hope you get the perks you want.

I own all other killers. Only bought GF because he was on sale and Stranger things for nancys perks. I was reluctant to buy this years dlc packs purely because of the grind.

I’ve owned the game for over a year but still don’t have all perks on all killers. It just takes forever. I’m getting very close and only recently have the killers finally reached a point where they have most of the perks I want. Though now the Ruin change has me scrambling to unlock Corrupt Intervention on a few others.

I bought all of the dlc on sale shortly after I bought the game over a year ago unaware of the grind I was entering. It’s ridiculous how long it takes to get a killer you bought access to all of the perks you paid for.

I won’t be buying Oni until all my other killers are complete, which is a shame as I would love blood echoes for Plague or Nemesis for Leatherface.

At least with survivor you only need all perks on one but I intend to get a few more perks on a couple more just for variety.

While you don’t NEED all perks on all killers its nice having them for the variety and synergy and trying new interesting builds. Also you might want a very specific perk but there’s no guarantee if it will come up in the bloodweb on the first page or on the very last bloodweb after you have unlocked every other perk.

• saminationsamination Member Posts: 307

It just stages of denial. Everyone will eventually get to acceptance. Especially after some streamer says it's ok. 😂 I think the devs know they have an issue retaining new players. They probably believe top players will be fine no matter what (or at least should be.) New players are their main focus.

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 750
    edited January 2020

All of those streamers you mentioned are ones I watch and every one of them have said exactly what I have on stream. tofu actually said it several times just the other night but said it isn't much of any issue because it doesn't happen all that often. His exact words on stream the other night were "yes if you get maybe 3 or 4 optimal survivors you just take it and move onto the next match." These are people (I know fungoose anyway) with 8k hours in the game.

Again i'm not faulting anyone here. I can't even begin to understand how impossible it would be in this genre to fix this. I'm just pointing out that it is very disheartening and I understand the frustration.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 903

While I believe the Ruin nerf to be harsh, after seeing the reasoning for its removal without a remedy to gen speeds, I’m more at peace with it. They need to get solid numbers and statistics about game speeds before making any changes and Ruin made that incredibly difficult by scewing match times by making them really long, or unaffected by Ruin and short.

The devs have made so many killer buffs and survivor nerfs over the past year or so yet as soon as killers take a blow, the devs are apparently survivor biased. Flashlight nerfs, pick up and hook time buffs, DS, Self Care, Borrowed Time, Sprint Burst nerfs, Pallet Vacuum removal, Vaulting nerfs, the list goes on.

Tell me, why the hell would they be survivor biased? In a game that requires BOTH sides to succeed. Do the majority of people here not see what they are trying to do? I will admit at first I was a part of the “tHe DeVS dOnT CArE abOUt KillErS” circle jerk but now it’s getting out of hand.

Maybe if people actually listened to what they are saying and don’t let it fall out the other ear because of blind rage, you might actually see what they’re trying to do.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Nah it is not about you not knowing it is about the devs not knowing or making up reasons as to why nerf ruin.

To the lower ranks issue, totem spawns are not crazy good hidden 200 iq spots, they are most of the time in spots that are easy to spot and that is why most killers complained about it.

So no that is a double standard, you expect new killer players to learn how to play and for the equivalent in a diffrent role it is not learn how to do x or how to do that, you find that annoying? guess we have to remove it from the game.

New killers will not learn how to play by being matched with the survivors they currently are, there are enough threads meanwhile how busted mm is. When they do revert and go back for the average it will be the same as it was, go make a smurf, family share, be rank 20 and bully some rank 15 killer who has no clue at all.

Ruin was used mostly by the red rank killers, further away from that it was used less probably due to people being new and not having the perk to begin with. 45% across all ranks v. 80% in red ranks. On to red ranks, it is quite easy pushing through gens as it is right now, ruin was a bandaid and denied bonus progression which will make most killers not viable at all as you can not waste 40 secs as that means one gen done. Honestly people shouldve learned to play against ruin just as everybody else cause it is not that hard.

New ruin is a piss and nothing else, totems will get cleansed sooner or later. You can hope that survivors are dumb enough to 3gen themselves but this ruin has no effect on good players at all especially considering it takes twice the time to regress. As soon as you see it there, you will push through or cleanse and probably pushing through (meanwhile this term became meaningless as that is just a normal gen you are doing) is always better since you eliminate every risk of triggering haunted grounds at least ruin gave incentive to do so. No idea who sees this as a thread or good. A gen done by 3 survivors takes 33sec without sc? Hf traveling the map in the meantime.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,888

So we are in the same page. Just ignore people who don't understand since they just simply want to be toxic

• SynfralidroSynfralidro Member Posts: 43

You mean the people who are gifted kills due to playing the "right way" and sharing in the "right opinion"?

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 750

I'm not sure what you mean playing the right way. I can say tofu plays more than fair. He doesn't care about 4k. Fungoose on the other hand does. It is not a win for him if it is not a 4k. He is exceptional at the game. He knows where every crow spawns on every map and uses more information in 5 minutes than i can process in an hour. But he also views every tactic as fair game. He will camp, he will tunnel, he will slug to get his 4k. I do not want to play like that at all.