The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Which patch did you like the most and why?

My favorite was 1.9.3

-there was no store

-there were all the offerings that were present in the game

-New Moon Bouquet

-there was no blury graphics

-and in general the graphics were prettier (for me)

but of course he, too, is not without sin

Answers

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 5,243

@LaggyDBD232

I can't personally say, I don't have a "favorite version" because I don't really pay attention to that... in a sense.

I just play and follow along with whatever is given to us in each new version, thats about it. I never really thought about WHAT the best version was in the past. I guess I liked the GhostFace version? I guess? Cause it added GhostFace...?

I don't know, I never thought about it because it's just an update to DBD, its not really something you'd naturally think back to and say "This was my favorite DBD patch!"

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,303

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 774

1.0.4 was the most fun for me. A lot of infinites have been cut and survivors started slowly touching pallets and other windows, and not just infinites 24/7. There were no rules, no metas, no tierlists. Billy could flick, bump into space, he was so bugy overall. It was great. My most fond memory was around that time, when you could bumb onto the harvester infinite to fly off and land on top of it to dunk the survivor with a revving chainsaw. It was hilariously fun and stupid.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,178

DbD is my favorite game and i love Stranger Things. I was beyond hyped when the Stranger Things Chapter was revealed/released.

DbD and Stranger things combining was a dream fanboy moment for me.

edited January 15

Didn't the Iron Grasp and Agitation meta still exist in 2016?

The infamous Jake Park would break all the hooks and force the Killers to use the basement... or something along those lines. And since hooks didn't respawn back than, this is why people used those two perks for the most part.

Iron Grasp was meta, since it gave a massive 60% more time. Straight to the basement from almost anywhere. I miss the Sabo meta, thats when killers had time and games were chill. Although without IG, you were really screwed, so it was a polarizing meta.

But yet, it was a meta.

Which was the point I was trying to make, as you said there was no metas and I disagree with that. There will always be a meta, whether it's with perks, a dominate Killer, or way of playing.

It doesn't matter what game it is or if the meta is so... "forgettable" I guess.

Oh i didnt realise you were responding to that line specifically. Yeah... if there was one meta back then, it was probably the Trinity. Sprintburst, Selfcare, Saboteur. Balanced as all things should be.

With no meta, i meant there were no role models to tell you, which were the best perks, which killers is the best, how to run a tile. Palletlooping didnt even have a name. We just equipped our best stuff and clicked join lobby - Meta. Which resulted in the Trinity meta

edited January 15

I don't think that's what a meta is... people telling you what's and isn't the best things to use or do.

A meta can be defined by these factors:

• A dominate character is used above all else. This usually over-saturates the variety in High and Low level play. This was seen with the Spirit issue BEFORE her nerf, after the nerf she was used a lot less in contrast, but she's still used quite a bit now a days. (Also, if there is no High or Low level play due to everyone being a "noob", than it can be categorized as "General level play" I suppose)
    • An addition, perk, add-on, item, etc, that's used more often than other items that're categorized in the same class. So perks like Dead Hard are used more than Sprint Burst for the benefit of extending a loop, or for a meme to "gain distance". The same can be said for add-ons that're better over others OR are the better version of other add-ons that offer less.
    • Play-styles and builds that're more beneficial than others. So for example, if it's more beneficial to run a stealth build with say... the old Moonlight offerings to darken the map, than it'll be used more over OTHER builds and play-styles. In the case of 2016 and a bit into early 2017, the most common builds was (as you said) ones that focused on Sprintburst that had no exhaustion penalty back then, Selfcare for self healing, and Saboteur to break hooks permanently and help with being hooked. Other Killer builds like the Trapper placing traps under Survivors feet or Iron Grasp + Agitation combos is also one of these play-styles or builds.

There are other small things as well, but I think you already understand this. I'm just explaining it to get to the point.

the point of what i'm getting at here

Basically, we both agree that metas exist, but I think the way you see things as a meta is different than mine or others, or something. Or i'm reading too into it, which is not surprising for me.

I think you think a bit too much about the term meta^^

You're right, there was a perk meta. Sprintburst, Selfcare, Saboteur vs Brutal Strength, Iron Grasp. But outside out of that, the "meta" was quickly changing. Wraith was meta first month, then Trapper for months, then Billy with arrowkey glitch, then Nurse. Then DS joined the meta.

It was an evolving meta. Whereas today every good survivor plays the same. Looping tiles efficiently the same way, standing on the eversame safe spots, checking the only need angle for mindgames. The game is played out. Back then it was wild apart from the few overpowered perks. Today there is a clear understanding how to play optimally

edited January 15

Yes and I understand that, but what i'm trying to say is that a meta DID exist and that's what i'm getting it is all.

It was an evolving meta, but it was still a meta. A meta isn't defined by having many people knowing and explaining it to others, a meta can exist even if the game is new with not many people talking in it.

If you play a game that's 1 day old, and see others using a character or build that's more beneficial than the others, than you'll start using them too most likely. Hence, it becomes a meta.

• Yanthegamer558Yanthegamer558 Member Posts: 26

3.4.0 because of the legion. But when he got nerfed, i was more happy to b** the legion.

Didn't people hate facing the legion?

Are you one of those that didn't when he came out? I personally loved the Legions original concept, the issue was mainly the add-ons though and a bit of balance.

• Yanthegamer558Yanthegamer558 Member Posts: 26

window juke and pallet juke is the reason why i love facing the legion

also boulli de lijiun is foon.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 1,018

Bully weak killers into playing stronger killers that you don't like going against

• NickNick Member Posts: 710
    edited January 15

The random patch where flashlight saves and pallet saves got buffed. That was fun

edited January 15

You mean double pallets?

Also, I don't remember flashlights being buffed... unless this was like 2016-2017-early 2018.

• NickNick Member Posts: 710

You could blind/stun at any moment in the animation for it to work. Instead of timing it

edited January 15

Sounds op, I prefer the current flashlight mechanics, the old one was kind of strange and OP at some points.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 680

I remember having a blast with stacking STBFL and Unrelenting back in the day. It was just fun, not as much competitive but silly.