We want your opinion! Complete the latest Players Satisfaction Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/psatDbD
The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

What do you all think about campers and on this idea?

2»

Comments

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,136

Let everybody play how they want (as long as there is no cheating/exploiting). If they want to Insidious-LF-meme, let them.

The killer is not the fun provider for survivors.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 1,224

Maybe it is due to recent announced changes? Like you ruin the fun of somebody he is gonna ruin yours in return.

• YehBoiGokuYehBoiGoku Member Posts: 26

That would make a lot of sense seeing as some survivors try and ruin the killers day so yeah I guess it would make sense to try and ruin the survivors day. Though camping is as scummy as looping and other things that I can't quite remember.

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 520

There are times when you need to camp a bit at higher ranks. Not at 5 gens left of course, but if you have a bunch of overly altruistic Survivors, camping a hook when a couple gens are done can net you some rewards. It's just really risky at high ranks because good Survivors will go back to gens when they see a Killer camping. You are better off light/heavy patrolling rather than a standing around camp though, because that keeps you mobile and can make potatoes think you are moving off the hook instead of coming immediately back to it in a few seconds.

Personally, I'd rather slug if I need to put indirect "pressure" on gens because it's minimal risk with a healthy reward. 1 player down, at least 1 person healing them, and me with a chance to get in a chase with another for a down. So that leaves 1 person on gens, or best case none if 2 go to heal the downed person. This also carries it's own inherent risks. SWF and the downed person has Unbreakable, no one leaves gens. Or something similar.

At low ranks, both strats are not needed because it's low ranks... but up into the reds, camping will net you some rewards if you notice Survivors behaving in altruistic and "must unhook as soon as possible" manners.

fwiw though, Camping is a legitimate strategy per the Developers, so I doubt anything beyond the -emblem malus will happen. If done improperly, or the Survivors just do gens, the Killer is punished badly for it.

edited January 15

So you are just checking the area for VERY altruistic survivors? I don't think that counts as camping unless you stay there for a large proportion of the match. Also, THANK GOD someone that plays killer mentioned slugging. Some of the killers just said survivors are toxic and need to be nerfed

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 520

Yeah. It's why I personally would patrol rather than actual Camp. When you camp, you put 0 pressure on Survivors and they can pretty much run wherever they want and blow you out of the match. If you are patrolling though, lots of things you can check in the vicinity without getting too far from the hook to get back there and either interrupt a save attempt, or get an easy hit in to begin another chase/hook event. I actually don't do either, but I'm sitting in low ranks right now until I can play a bit and get back to the purples.

Slugging, I hate it... but it really is necessary in some instances. I can feel the pain when 3 generators pop as you're hooking your first Survivor. You have to do something to slow down the pace of the game and give you time to get in some chases and hooks. And really, the absolute best thing is to slug someone. Especially if there's already one person on the hook. Slug the next, then go back to the hook and engage the rescuer and/or the unhooked one. You can get all the Survivors off of gens really quickly with a simple strategy.

It's just so annoying as a Survivor. It does have it's place as a strategy, but it's definitely not fun to be on the receiving end of it. Just the same as Camping though, when someone is slugging at 5 gens left, you know they are just a toxic moron out to ruin everyone elses' game because someone pissed in their Cheerios that morning. Those types of games I'll crawl to the most out of the way place and hope I can get a wiggle out, just to extend the game, get a few more BP, and maybe have someone get the hatch. Nothing more satisfying than to have Killer Tryhard Toxicass get outplayed because of an Unbreakable, Flip Flop, or similar Perk and someone gets the hatch on them.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,096

Horrible idea and only survivor sided, nice bait btw

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 667

I think there are campers, of course. However, I think campers are far less common than people think or would have you believe.

"Killer hooked me, saw my team mates around the hook (or scratch marks) and didn't leave the hook, so he camped". That's pretty much the standard. If I know someone is near, I'm not going anywhere.

Bait? XD I bet you might be one of those campers. I don't really care about people trying to hate. This is punishment for hook campers. They want to ruin another person's day well they are pretty messed up so it benefits the survivors because if the killer just wants to be a douche to some survivors playing for fun then I guess be punished for trying to ruin someone's day

edited January 15

No i mean 5 gens left and just stares at the survivor or the survivor just loops them well with no toxicity and just gets them and camps but still good point

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 667

I mean, there will always be some players like that. You also need to keep in mind, camping is only viable because survivors allow it to be viable. Survivors have all the tools at their disposal to both prevent, and punish it.

@YehBoiGoku

You do realize that if a survivors loops the killer next to the hook they can abuse your WONDERFULL pusnihment? And sometimes you fight against really altruistic swf groups that goes instantly for the save the second you leave the hook, in this situation you have 2 or 3 survivors that stay near to that hook and wait until you leave it, in that case a smart killer would just stay on the hook because survivors waste their time and not do gens.

Here I tried to explain that to you but I bet you will not understand this at all

No dude that is clear I thought you didn't understand lmao.

Also I think this was discussed earlier too. Lol

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 213

Campers are totaly ok. Its kind of trade. If He is camping one survivor, you can progress gens. It will buy you a lot of time. Totaly fair.

@YehBoiGoku

Yeah and you didnt answer to @ReallyBigShoe after he gave a really constructive and well answer to you :)

Lol yeah it is fun when the killers don't realize that. Not so much for the camped survivor though :/. Plus the killer doesn't pip and neither does that survivor so even bigger sad

Well said. Not much to say because it was very well said

Its legit tactic and its balanced. By camping killer loses so much time that rest of team can finish 1-2 gens so its fair trade + hook proximity. Plus survivors has perks to counter it like DS, BT or deliverance. Any playing with this mechanism will lead to huge nerf of killers again.

You make a really good point but what do you mean again?

edited January 15

With implementing of your idea of stopping timer you take away strategies of killers. Its not about low skills of killers but enviroment of game. With god loops, bad map design and insane gen times more and more killers prefer to camp and ensure at least 1-2 kills then risk X chases with unsure results. If developers balance maps, endless loops, totems and gen times then less killers will camp and tunnel. Best solution is not punish killers by stopping timers and force them to leave hook but maps rework. As killer main I was rarely camping but with current state of maps, gens speed, toxicity of survivors and nerfs of killers (and Ruin) Im starting to prefer ensure at least 1-2 kills by camp/tunnel then let all escape while teabegging me in gate. For me the fault is on developers side that are ignoring main problems of game and better nerf perks that was countering these problems (ruin countering fast gen speeds). They are reworking perks around bad basis game layer (maps design, gens, totems). First they have to rework all maps and then they should try balance problematic perks and it will result in better killers gameplay without tunnel/camp strategies.

• kcwolf1975kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 415
    edited January 15

I wouldn't change it, just do gens when it happens. It sucks when you are the one on the hook, just be sure to struggle as long as you can. Don't reward the killer by giving up, that is probably what he is hoping for.

The problem i see with stopping the hook timer if the killer is within "x" meters is that once the gens are done then I see nothing wrong with a killer camping and securing his hook. Why should he be forced to leave in that situation?

Post edited by kcwolf1975 on
  • AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 832

Wouldn’t it be in the Killers best interest to get rid of the Survivor who loops well as fast as possible? I mean, if they loop well, several gens should have popped. If they committed to the chase, caught them, and camped them, wouldn’t it be their right to camp, to make sure the pita is gone? Especially with all the second chance perks Killers have to worry about, why would they not camp?

Well most killers can stop loops very easily. I play killer and usually dominate the survivors. I am back at green though. Mainly because rank reset

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 832

I disagree, especially since the majority of maps make it easy to loop a killer (we can agree to disagree). Doesn’t change my point, if a killer has a good looper on the hook, wouldn’t it be in their best interest to make sure they die?

• FreshwickFreshwick Member Posts: 17

That's BC high ranked survivors find it fun to be toxic.

Low rank/ low skilled players avoid the killer at all cost BC they don't use proper builds/ have little game knowledge and play hide and seek before their first hook.

When a low rank player preforms a unhook they leave the injured player vulnerable and that's why camping is strong at low ranks.

High ranked survivors and swf are bold, have plenty of experience and do not fear the reaper in anyway.

They down themselves on purpose to activate Ds, use hook tech, unhook in pairs with bt, crawl to pallets, head on stuns, blind and use deliverance which breaks the hook and body block with petrified oak.

On top of that they create constant notifications in attempt to bait out the killer by being as annoying as possible.

You might say use make your choice but once high ranked users know you have it equipped survivors unhook in pairs in an attempt to confuse the killer or they just instant save to avoid the exposed status.

The killer gets the same benefit out of make your choice as camping the majority of the time :\

All I seem to play is swf currently.. with 4 survivors already in lobby when I join the room.

I never used to lobby dodge BC of queue times for survivors (I play both) but I could careless with the current state of the game.

If anything killers should start dodging lobbies as a way of protest. If survivors continue to complain about queue times maybe bhvr will actually buff the killers so they are fun to play again by reducing hook timers/ pallets or what not.

Anyways, camping and tunneling is a viable strat.. When the game starts the survivors have all the momentum until one of them dies. Once that happens the tide begins to shift into the killers favour.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 569

Just take away their NOED and the problem will sort itself.